Chapter Four

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

   That evening, I found out Youngjo was the first to take me out on a date.

   He went home...well, more like teleported, or whatever it is they do... to change for the occasion. He called to tell me to dress fancy.

   I decided on a little something I had from prom days; a floor length midnight black velvet evening gown with diamond rhinestones scattered across the right shoulder and cascading down the length of the dress. A few light curls in my hair, some dark blue eyeshadow, and I was ready for the evening.

   When he arrived at my doorstep, he looked absolutely stunning in that clean pressed white suit and blue shirt. His blond hair was styled up off his forehead. 
   
   After sending me into a fit of giggles by making a big deal about ringing the doorbell, considering how they have the ability to just poof anywhere they want, Youngjo offered me his arm like a perfect gentleman, and led me out to the car.

   With a low bow, he opened the passenger door. "Your carriage awaits, Madame."

   I started giggling again.

   Good heavens...what is this boy doing to me?

   "Taking you on a date, Madame." He winked at me.

   I have got to stop doing that....

   "Where are we going?" I asked out loud.

   "It's a surprise."

   A little while later, we arrived in front of a fancy 5 star French restaurant called Le Bisou (The Kiss).

   After opening the car door for me again, Youngjo escorted me up the steps to the front entrance where warm flickering candlelight and the heavenly scent of Bourguignon and Creme Brulee greeted us. Classical violin music serenaded softly in the background.

   Pulling the chair out for me, he leaned over and whispered in my ear, "You look beautiful tonight. Your dress reminds me of my home." He gazed down at my gown with an admiration I could never hope to understand.

   During a mouth-watering and extremely expensive dinner, we talked about anything and everything we could think of; getting to really know each other.

   "See, isn't this better than kidnapping me?" I joked.

   "You are right." He laughed; a truly breathtaking smile spreading across his face, as he took a sip from his wine glass.

   "You really should smile more." I said thoughtfully.

   "Do you like my smile?" Youngjo asked with a blush.

   I couldn't help but smile as well. "I do. It's beautiful. You should always smile."

   We stared at each other for a moment. I wasn't sure if he knew what I was thinking or not.

   "Are you having a good time?" He seemed always aware of my well-being and happiness.

   I nodded. "Kamsahamnida. This really is the perfect date."

   He blushed again.

   "Youngjo?" I looked down at the napkin in my lap.

   He hummed in contentment.

   "You understand how I'm feeling, right? The uncertainty in all of this, and how I'm not sure which road to take?"

   With a slight nod, he quietly looked down at his near empty plate.

   I added. "I can't bare to see any of you get hurt."

   "You don't have to, if you pick all of us." He smiled reassuringly.

   "But it's so against what I am used to. It's an alien concept to me. I'm just not sure I want to accept it."

   "Gwenchana. It is your choice. I will respect whatever your decision is." He stretched out his hand across the table towards me.

   I placed my hand in his and watched his thumb trace mesmerizing circles on it. His gaze moved from our joined hands up to my eyes to hold my stare.

   Suddenly, a loud crash near the kitchen door startled us and we quickly pulled away from each other, searching the source of the noise.

   Yoonhoo, dressed as a waiter, was fumbling with a serving towel and tray while trying to stay undercover.

   "Yoonhoo?"

   He looked up defeated.

   It was then that I noticed three more sets of curious eyes peering out from behind a potted palm.

   I rolled my eyes. "Seriously guys....?

   They sheepishly came out of hiding.

   "Why are you spying on us?" I gave them a stern look.

   They started to fidget. "Aniyo... uh...we were just...."

   "We were jealous and wanted to know what you two were talking about." Yoonhoo confessed.

   "Yea...we couldn't tell what you were thinking for a while. It just felt fluffy." Seongho cringed and eyed Youngjo suspiciously.

   I exchanged looks with Youngjo, and let out an exasperated sigh.

   "What am I going to do with you boys...."

   "I can think of a couple things." Jungha cocked an eyebrow playfully, but his playful smirk fell when I sent him a disapproving glance.

   "Mianhaeyo... we're sorry we interrupted your date." The four of them bowed low.

   Youngjo stood and smoothed out his coat, offering me his arm again. "I will take you home now, m'lady."

   We left the restaurant; the others still sulking behind us.

   The drive home was pretty quiet. After a while, Youngjo spoke. "Mianhaeyo... I'm sorry they ruined our date."

   "They didn't ruin anything." I reached over and took his hand again. "This was the perfect date Youngjo, and you are a perfect gentleman. Kamsahamnida."

   The happiest smile I've ever seen appeared.

   Youngjo pulled up in front of my apartment and parked the car. I was about to get out of the car, but his hand on my arm stopped me. I curiously looked back at him.

   He gazed into my eyes for what felt like an eternity. Then his hand reached up and brushed my cheek ever so softly. His touch was so gentle. He smiled again, but I could sense a bittersweet longing behind it.

   "Kamsahamnida." He said quietly. "Thank you for this evening. For agreeing to go on a date with me."

   He leaned in and our lips brushed ever so softly. It was like the brush of a feather.

   My eyes closed at the touch.

   "Saranghaeyo." I heard him whisper, as he lifted his chin and kissed me on the forehead.

   I don't want tonight to end...