Chapter Fourteen

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

   I woke up smiling. Today was the day of the concert!

 

  As soon as I got to work, Ari was there bombarding me with squeals. She grabbed my hands and jumped me around in a circle. The few early customers in the café were giving us funny looks.

 

  “People are staring.” I whispered.

 

  “Let them stare! WE HAVE TICKETS TO SEE BEATWIN!” She shouted at an embarrassingly loud decimal.

 

  As customers went back to their books and papers, the boss came out of his office to see what all the screaming was about. As soon as he saw the crazed look on Ari’s face, he rolled his eyes and retreated back into his cubbyhole, causing both of us to snicker.

 

  “I guess he’s used to your antics by now.” I chuckled, putting on my apron and grabbing the marker for the menu board.

 

  “Better be. I told him to let us off early. We have a concert to go to!” Ari set the cookies out inside the display case.

 

  “What are you going to wear?” I was curious.

 

  “Something y and fabulous so they notice me!”

 

  I laughed and shook my head in amusement.

 

  “You better wear something fabulous, too… I won’t be seen with you if you wear that old ratty jacket of yours.” She tsked.

 

  “But I love my jacket…” I poked my bottom lip out in a cute pout. “Fine.” I rolled my eyes and spoke like a stuck up fashion designer. “I will wear something fabulous. But you better come over and help me pick out what to wear.”

 

  Laughing, she nodded in agreement and disappeared into the kitchen.

 

---------

 

  Around lunchtime, when sales had picked up, a guy wearing a black mask and hat came in. I was standing at the cash register taking orders.

 

  “Annyeonghaseyo! What can I get for you today?” I asked cheerfully, looking up at his face.

 

  Only his eyes were visible. They stared into my soul. They were beautiful.

 

  “One Americano.” He winked at me; his voice a bit muffled behind the mask.

 

  I gulped and busily rang up the order, trying not to stare. I heard him chuckle.

 

  “One Americano!” I called to Ari, who grabbed a cup and filled it to the brim with steaming coffee.

 

  She put a lid on it and set it down on the counter beside me.

 

  Picking up the receipt and his change, I handed it all back to him. “Kamsahamnida!” I bowed with a polite smile. “Please come again!”

 

  With a nod, he turned around, and instead of exiting out the door, the guy strolled over to a table and sat down facing the counter where we were standing.

 

  Ari looked over at me and grinned slyly, and in one swift shove she had pushed me away from the counter four feet out into the room towards his table.

 

  So as not to look like a complete pabo, I regained my composure and walked over to where he was sitting. “Can I get you anything else?” I asked shyly.

 

  The guy reached up and pulled his mask down a bit, revealing his face. It was Youngjo!

 

  “Omo!” I reacted, looking around to see if Ari was watching, all the while trying to stay in between the counter and Youngjo so no one would see his face. “What are you doing here?” I hissed.

 

  “Came to see you.” His eyes crinkling in a smile as he replaced his mask.

 

  “It’s dangerous! What if somebody sees you?” I looked in Ari’s direction again.

 

  “They won’t.” He stood up and gave me a tight hug.

 

  I saw Ari’s eyes bug out from over Youngjo’s shoulder. She was mouthing words like aish and jinjja at me.

 

  I would definitely have some explaining to do…

 

 Youngjo whispered in my ear, in answer to my thoughts. “Tell her I’m your cousin.”

 

  He kept me in his warm embrace for a moment longer, before letting go. “I missed you.” His eyes didn’t lie.

 

  “I missed you, too. We can hang out after work tonight.” I promised with a smile.

 

  “I can’t. We have a concert tonight.” He looked a bit disappointed.

 

  I hid my smile and pretended to be sad. “Oh… ok. Well maybe tomorrow.”

 

  “Yea.” He turned to leave, gazing into my eyes like he didn’t want to go. “Have a good night, Jagiya.”

 

  I gave him a comforting smile. “You too. Hwaiting!”

 

  And with that, he walked out the door and disappeared down the sidewalk.

  

  Here it comes…  3...2...1….

 

  “What was THAT?!” I heard Ari’s shrill voice behind me.

 

  “That was my cousin.” I kept staring out the window.

 

  “Omo! Your cousin?! Aish, you never introduced me!” She pouted. “But why was he wearing a mask?” Her eyes got suspicious.

 

  “Because apparently I gave him the flu I had.” I turned back towards the counter to continue working.

 

  “Oh….”

 

  And thankfully, that was the end of that conversation.

 

  A silent smile spread across my face. Little did they know I would show up tonight to see their concert. I had kept real quiet about it in my mind and tried not voice any thoughts about it that they might hear. I wanted it to be a surprise.

 

----------

 

  That afternoon, Jackson the part time help came to work, and Ari and I left together and headed back to my apartment to pick up some stuff for me to wear.

 

  She rummaged through my closet and pulled out several blouses, a mini skirt, and some high heels.

 

  “Jinjja?! Can you wear that to a concert for three hours standing up the whole time?” I gawked at her choices.

 

  “Beauty is pain. And you must look…”

 

I cut her off. “Fabulous. I know.” Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the clothes from her and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

 

  With freshly conditioned curls, and some makeup, the outfit she chose didn’t look half bad. I straightened the collar of my shirt and wiped a smudge of lipstick off the corner of my mouth in the mirror. Then I joined my friend back in my bedroom.

 

  She was holding up a pair of diamond dangle earrings. “These would match my outfit perfectly! May I borrow them? OMO! You look gorgeous!”

 

  “Yea, just remember to return them.” I grabbed my purse and headed for the door.

 

  Just then, I got a text from Sunhyeok.

 

  We are doing a concert tonight. Mianhae. We will hang out tomorrow. Saranghae <3

 

  I smiled happily. My plan was working.

 

----------

 

  When we got to Ari’s house, her Eomma was making dinner for the family.

 

  After sharing a bite to eat and thanking her for the delicious meal, Ari grabbed my hand and dragged me into her bedroom.

 

  “That was rude.” I complained, already missing the taste of the kimchi Eomma had made.

 

  “Pabo, it’s ok! I told her we have a concert to go to. I have to get ready! We only have an hour!” She rushed around her room picking out things to wear.

 

  I sat down on her bed and waited.

 

  “Mm. You might want to brush your teeth after the kimchi we just ate.” She threw a spare toothbrush at me.

 

  I stuck my tongue out. “Arasso.”

 

  I used the guest bathroom while she took a shower in hers. It didn’t take very long, before she was looking "fabulous" and ready to go.

 

---------

 

  As we stood in line at the entrance to the auditorium, Ari was beginning to fidget so bad she looked like a nervous chihuahua.

 

  I was getting excited as well, but tried to keep my thoughts calm.

 

   Thinking to myself the whole time to keep up the ruse, Lee Min Ho is so funny! I love this drama! Aish...more commercials… I’m hungry. I miss my boys. Shut up, George! I can’t hear the TV over your infernal squeaking! I giggled to myself.

 

  The line was moving faster now. Ari got out our tickets and handed them to the ticket master at the entrance.

 

  Grabbing my arm, she yanked me through the door and down the hall to the right side entrance. Running to keep up with her, I bounced along behind. She screeched to a grinding halt and looked down at the ticket stub in her hands.

 

  “Row A, seat 30 and 31.” She read off.

 

  My eyes got huge. “Is that the front row?!”

 

  She grinned and grabbed my hand, pulling me down the flight of stairs to the front of the stage where our seats were located...right in front on the right side of the stage.

 

  “JINJJA?! How did you manage this?” I was in shock.

 

  “I’ve been saving up! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” She threw her arms in the air and shouted.

 

  “But my birthday isn’t for two weeks….”

 

  “Oh hush! You pabo! Just enjoy the show!” She sat down in her seat and waited for me to join her.