Chapter Two

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

   How is this real? It really wasn't a dream?

   The boys laughed. “Kaja! Come inside! We will explain everything.”

   My legs had gone weak, so Youngjo hoisted me up into his arms and carried me bridal style back into the house.

   Feeling his strong arms around me again was making my heart race. I was fondly studying his handsome side profile as he lowered me gently onto the couch. He noticed my intense staring because he blushed and stood up rather quickly.

   Wait... How did they have a key to my house?

   “One question at a time, Jagiya!” Yoonhoo chuckled, ruffling my hair affectionately.

   He heard that?!

   He looked down at me with amusement sparkling in his eyes.

   Testing the theory again, I thought… This is not real. I'm having another dream.

   Yoonhoo grinned and bent down so his lips were right next to my ear and whispered, “This is not a dream.”

   "Ah-ha!” I startled the guys with my sudden outburst. “I knew you could hear my thoughts!”

   They all chuckled. Sunhyeok dropped down to a crouched position in front of the couch I was sitting on. “Yes, we all can. But you have to promise not to tell anybody.” His expression was very serious.

   I nodded slowly; his beautiful face was so close, those soft brown eyes staring back at me. I gulped as the sudden memory of him holding me on the dance floor popped into my head. He went from a stone cold stare to a crinkly smile in 0.2 seconds.

   "Hyung, you're scaring her.” Seongho plopped down on the couch beside me and casually put his arm around my shoulders, making my heart flutter. “I know you are completely confused right now. We will try to explain the best we can.”

   "What are you?”

   He chuckled. "Two points to the cute girl who picks that question first."

   One by one, the guys took a seat around my living room, each with expectant gazes. I waited for them to continue.

   “We are supernatural beings.” Sunhyeok spoke calmly. “...What you humans call angels.”

   I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. Are they joking?

   The leader continued, still just as sincere. "We each possess special gifts, but we all share the same powers, like for instance, reading your thoughts.” He winked.

   I blinked. I promise I was really trying hard to understand what was happening. They sensed my frustration.

   “We knew you would probably have a hard time understanding and dealing with the situation, so that is why we met you in your dream.” Seongho's soft voice beside me had a calming effect.

   “Wait…so my dream was real?”

   “Yes and no. It was a memory of what actually happened. We wanted to be with you and tried several different methods to get to know you, but each of them failed, so we sent you the good memories of meeting us so you might accept us better.” Yoonhoo spoke up from the chair by the window with a smile.

   I zoned out. God, I missed Yoonhoo's eye smile…

   He blushed and looked down in embarrassment.

   Then I realized something…

   My head whipped around to glare at Jungha. “You sent me those memories today in the café? You almost got me fired!”

   He looked down uneasily.

   "What's this?” Sunhyeok's tone became authoritative. “So that’s where you snuck off to today?! You knew you weren't allowed to do that.” Jungha was in trouble.

   He looked up at me with sad eyes; a stark contrast to the usual playful smirk I remember, and answered the leader. “I missed her."

   My heart broke. The sudden urge to hug him overwhelmed me. “Why was he not allowed?”

   “Because the plan was to slowly give the good memories back to you without making another fiasco like the ones before. Anything could have happened and we could have lost you again.” Sunhyeok explained to me.

   “So you really were stalking me?” I glanced around the room at all the embarrassed nods and shrugs.

   Having multiple memories is confusing the heck out of me.

   “Ok…so besides reading my mind, sending mental images, and disappearing into thin air…” I was getting quicker on the uptake. “What else can you do?”

   Yoonhoo stood up and walked over to the couch and sat down beside me, gazing at me affectionately.

   “You picked up on that, huh?”

   My heart beat a little faster. My face heating up against my will, unable to look him in the eyes regarding the close proximity. I fiddled idly with my hands in my lap and looked anywhere but at him.

   Suddenly, I felt the couch shift under his weight as he leaned in closer.

   “We can freeze time.”

   “BWA?!” What he said shocked me so bad, my head whipped around to see if he was joking.

   Bad move… He was closer than I had anticipated. The tips of our noses brushed, and my eyes bugged out.

   “Yoonhoo, stop playing!” Jungha whined.

   Without blinking or moving a muscle, an inch away from my face, he responded. “Why? Are you jealous?” I could hear the smugness in his voice.

   “Enough!” Sunhyeok demanded.

   With that, Yoonhoo quickly backed away from my personal space. I suddenly realized I could breathe again.

   “To answer your question, yes we can stop and alter time at will.” Sunhyeok continued. “Which is how we were able to meet you so many times and send you the good memories of us.”

   “What are the bad memories?” I asked warily.

   “Um, let's just say you didn’t handle the first meetings very well… Although it could have been our fault…” Seongho cringed.

   “What, you mean like kidnapping me?” I glared in his direction, raising an eyebrow.

   His shoulders slumped in defeat. “Yea…”

   “One time, you kicked Seongho in the crotch.” Jungha doubled over with laughter.

   I looked over at the maknae with shocked concern. He was still cringing at the memory.

   “Gwenchana? …Mianhaeyo.”

   “It's ok.” He smiled reassuringly, but he looked like it still hurt. I felt so bad now.

   “Once, we tried to sneak into your house to meet you and you called the cops on us.”

   I had to laugh. “I wonder why…”

   "Well, one time you slapped Jungha in the face for getting too frisky.” Seongho chuckled, getting revenge on Jungha for embarrassing him.

   I chuckled but still felt bad for the guy. He seemed like he meant well. “That does sound like him.”

   Youngjo joined in the conversation with a laugh. “Remember that time, she threw water in Hyungnim's face at the café?”

   “Why would I do that?”

   “Maybe because he asked you to marry him in the first five minutes of introducing himself." Yoonhoo snickered.

   Sunhyeok looked away, embarrassed and sad.

   “Mianhaeyo.” I tried to send him encouragement in my mind.

   “You know we can all hear you.” Yoonhoo raised his eyebrow at me.

   “Well this is awkward…” Sarcasm tried to hide my embarrassment.

   “So if you guys are angels… does that mean you have wings?” I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

   The guys laughed, as Seongho and Yoonhoo stood up to join the rest in the middle of my living room. “We were wondering when you would ask.”

   Suddenly, five sets of beautiful white wings burst into sight. It was breathtaking. They weren't the cute chubby cherub type of wings; they were sleek, elegant and dangerously y. I was at a complete and utter loss for words.

   Seongho hid a smile behind his hand, and a look of smug satisfaction came over the two rapper's faces.

   “I have to say you are taking this rather well.” Sunhyeok said calmly.

   “You mean, compared to the other times?” I chuckled.

   He smiled. “We will give you some space now. You’ve been through a lot.” He motioned for the others.

   Then it hit me. The loneliness I felt after I woke up from my dream and thought I would never see them again.

   Quietly, I sat on the couch looking down at my hands. “Please…” I whispered. “Please don’t leave.”

   Sunhyeok sat down next to me, lifting my chin to meet his gaze. “We won't leave. That’s a promise.”

   “Get some rest. We will be here when you wake up.” He picked me up off the couch and carried me towards my bedroom.

   I felt a light kiss on my forehead as my weary eyes slid shut from exhaustion.

   “Good night, Jagiya.” Was the last thing I remember hearing.