Chapter Thirteen

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

It was Thursday. The next day Ari and I were going to the BEATWIN concert! I was thankful that I had work all day because it got my mind off of things.

 

  The wedding was quickly speeding towards us as the weekend drew near. The ceremony had been planned for Sunday.

 

Sunhyeok had helped me practice some of the ancient phrases that I had to repeat. It was rather hard; a forgotten language that I had never even heard of from before the dawn of time.

 

  Throwing myself into the workload, I was able to distract myself long enough for the day to go by rather quickly. By the time 5 o’clock rolled around, I was ready to go home and take a nice long bubble bath.

 

  Ari had to leave early that day because her mom had called and said her grandma was in the hospital, so Jackson, the part time help, filled in for her.

 

  I had just gotten back to my apartment when she sent me a text saying, Halmeoni fell and hit her head but she is doing better now. She will go home in a couple days. See you tomorrow!

 

  I’m glad she’s ok…

 

  “Who’s ok?”

 

  I whirled around. Jungha was sitting on my sofa.

 

  “What are you doing in here... all by yourself...with all the lights off?” I looked around confused, as I flipped the lights on and raised an eyebrow at him.

 

  He stood up and walked over to where I was standing. “I was waiting for my girl to get home from work.”

 

  I smiled and gave him a hug. His arms wrapped around me tightly. After a moment I realized he wasn’t letting me go.

 

  “Um...Jungha?”

 

  He grunted.

 

  “I can’t move...Can you let me go?”

 

  “Ani.”

 

  “Waeeee…?” I whinned.

 

  “Because.”

 

  “..........” I grumbled. “That’s not a reason.”

 

  “Because I missed you.” His deep voice whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

 

  “I missed you too, Jungha.” A blushing smile spread across my face.

 

  After a few minutes, he reluctantly let me escape.

 

  “My feet are killing me. I need a bubble bath.” I complained as I plopped my purse down on the kitchen counter.

 

  Jungha grabbed my hand and led me down the hall to the bathroom. I watched him curiously as he turned the hot water on and added some bath salts, checking the temperature of the water with his hand before standing up to face me.

 

  “I’m going to go make you some hot tea. Get undressed and take a bath. I will be back to rub your shoulders.” He spoke seriously.

 

  I stood there gaping. He was so thoughtful!

 

...But a small part of me was cautious that all this was just a ruse to have skinship and nervousness was setting in.

 

  “Don’t worry. I won’t try anything.” He promised with a smile. “...Not unless you want me to.”

 

  Blushing, I nodded and started ing my shirt as I watched Jungha exit the bathroom heading for the kitchen. I got undressed as quickly as I could and stepped into the tub overflowing with bubbles before he came back.

 

  All my tensed up muscles started to relax the minute I sank into the hot water. Surrounded by bubbles up to my chin, I sighed, resting my head on the edge of the tub.

 

  A few minutes later, Jungha appeared with some Camomile tea. He handed me the cup and sat on the edge of the tub behind me. I felt his fingers gently pulling my hair up out of my face into a loose bun.

 

  I sat up, sipping the steaming drink. His hands landed on my shoulders, pausing there for a moment. I bit my lip, waiting... A million thoughts raced through my head. I was so nervous.

 

  “Relax.” I heard him say.

 

  His fingers started to work the knots out of the aching muscles in my back and shoulders. He could have made a living off being a massage therapist. His hands were like magic.

 

  He chuckled. “Thanks for the compliment.”

 

  I cringed with a laugh. I will never get used to them being able to hear everything I think.

 

  “Jungha?” My finger was nonchalantly playing with a bubble.

 

  “Mwo?”

 

  “Kamsahamnida.”

 

  “Wae?”

 

  “You could have cheapened the moment, but you are being really decent and wonderful right now. Thank you.”

 

  He was silent.

 

  I turned to look back at him.

 

  He looked down at me with pain in his eyes. “I’m really trying hard.”

 

  He looked so sad and pained; I felt bad for him.

 

  “Jungha? Can you hand me a towel?”

 

  He nodded, reaching up in the cabinet to get one.

 

  “I’ll be out in a minute. Can you wait for me in the living room?”

 

  “Ne.” He left, shutting the bathroom door behind him.

 

  I was feeling so many things at this moment. His kindness had gotten to me. The water drained from the bathtub as I stood in front of the mirror contemplating, staring back at my reflection. Quickly I dried off, slipping into my bathrobe.

 

  When I stepped into the living room, I found Jungha sitting on the couch again. He reminded me of a sad little boy someone had put in time out. I laughed at the mental image.

 

  He looked up at me with a frown. “Why are you laughing?”

 

  I sat down next to him. “Because you are so cute.” I smiled, looping my arm through his and leaning my head on his shoulder.

 

  It was quiet. I wish I could hear what he is thinking.

 

  “You don’t want to know what I’m thinking.”

 

  I looked up at him, confused.

 

  Staring at me with dark eyes, he said, “I’m thinking… I want you.” His gaze fell on my lips.

 

  Slowly I leaned forward, closing the distance between us. As our lips touched, he pulled me to him with urgency, holding me hostage while he ravaged my mouth. His hands tangled into my hair; the loose bun falling into a mess of curls around my shoulders. He pulled away breathless.

 

  “It’s really hard not to take you right now.” The pain in his voice was evident.

 

  “But you can’t...not until the Officiation…”

 

  To make the bond complete, angels weren’t allowed to do anything before the ceremony, otherwise it would make the bond invalid and it could never be fulfilled with that human.

 

  With a steady gaze, he stared back at me; his eyes dark with need. “Ne. But after the ceremony… there’s no escaping me.”