Chapter Twenty-One

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

The next day, as I was getting ready for work, I was searching around for my socks.

 

"Yoonhoo? Have you seen my socks?" I rummaged through every drawer frantically.

 

"Ani. Are they in the wash?"

 

"No."

 

I stopped short at my underwear drawer. Things were out of place.

 

Jungha....

 

 What?

 

Where are my socks?

 

  Haven't seen them.

 

Are you sure about that? Because my red lingerie is missing as well.

 

Silence.

 

I looked at Yoonhoo. He raised an eyebrow and shrugged.

 

I don't want to know.... I took my clothes and walked into the bathroom.

 

While getting dressed, I discovered a strange marking on the underside of my arm. It was three black wings in a fan formation, joined together at their base.

 

  I peered at it curiously, scratching at my skin. It wasn’t coming off. It was deep beneath the surface, resembling a tattoo.

 

  It’s the angel mark. Yoonhoo broke into my thoughts.

 

 He appeared a second later, standing in the bathroom doorway with a cup of coffee in his hand. Handing me the mug, he continued to explain. “During each stage of Officiation, each angel leaves their mark on the mate. At the end, when all the steps are complete, the mark becomes whole and the mate becomes immortal.”

 

  I stared back at him. He frowned with worry, for a moment not being able to feel exactly what I was thinking.

 

  I really do get to be with you forever? Hope suddenly poured into my thoughts like a dam breaking.

 

  A happy smile broke out on his face. He pulled me into a tight hug. Ne. Forever.

 

  Happiness. Sheer joy washed over me. Never growing old or outliving friends and family didn’t cross my mind at that moment. All I felt was love and I didn’t care.

 

  “I’m glad you’re happy.” Yoonhoo whispered in my ear, kissing the tender skin just below it.

 

  He suddenly got serious. “I have a question.”

 

  “Ne?” I waited.

 

  “Do you love me?” He grinned.

 

  I burst out laughing, playfully pushing him away. Dork.

 

  But you love me.

 

--------

 

  Ari was waiting impatiently for me. I could tell she was fangirling over something by the way she jumped up and down and letting out embarrassing giggles. I cocked an amused eyebrow at her as I walked through the café’s entrance and headed behind the counter. She bounced along behind me as I tied my apron and started wiping down tables.

 

 “Yoonjae asked me to go with him to a fashion premiere!” The girl couldn’t hold her excitement in any longer. “I have to dress up fancy! Will you go with me to pick out a dress?” She asked hopefully.

 

 I grinned. “Of course! What are best friends for?”

 

 “What’s your schedule like? I’m off on Thursday.”

 

 “I’m off on Thursday, too! The new hires are starting this week.” I finished wiping and threw the dirty towel in the box to be washed at the end of the day.

 

  “New hires? What happened to Jackson?” She asked curiously.

 

  Hearing his name sent shivers up my spine. I frowned and looked down at the floor, trying to calm my heart. “He decided to go back to school full time.” I lied. The haunting image of Jackson’s lifeless eyes staring back at me made my breathing constrict.

 

  Breathe. You are safe. We will always protect you. Sunhyeok spoke calmly, trying to talk me out of the panic attack threatening to send me into a hysterics.

 

  I took a deep breath and looked up to meet Ari’s gaze, putting my mask back on with a smile. “So yes, I can go with you Thursday! What time?”

 

 She smiled happily. “We can go around lunch time and stop by that new Japanese sushi place by the mall!”

 

  “Good idea!” I turned away to busy myself in the kitchen, knowing the smile I put on for Ari’s sake did not reach my eyes. I passed the shiny silver surface of the fridge in the kitchen and caught a glimpse of my reflection. Terrified eyes stared back at me. I almost didn’t recognize myself.

 

  Jackson or whatever the vessel’s name was did go back to school. He is living his life like normal.

 

  This information surprised me. But I thought you killed him.

 

  We sent the demon back to hell. The vessel survived. We left him at the hospital for his minor injuries. He has no recollection of being possessed.

 

  Wow. Ok, I’m glad. I could breathe again. The fear in my heart lifted.

 

--------

 

  When I got home from work, the energetic maknae was waiting for me. He bounded over to my side and hugged me passionately.

 

 “Youngjo hyung was going to go next, but he let me have his spot because I couldn’t wait any longer.”

 

  Wow, that was nice of him…

 

  He pulled me into a constricting bear hug and spun me around the room.

 

  I need air…

 

  “Oh, mianhae… I forgot. I just get so excited when I’m with you!”

 

  Choking on air, I let out a giggle. His cuteness was adorable.

 

  He pulled back and looked at me. “You think I’m cute?” A mischievous glint appeared in his eye; borderline scary. “I am cute. But I can be just as y as my hyungs.” His soft eyes darkened and he bit his bottom lip, making my insides turn to mush. He pulled me into a passionate kiss, stealing my oxygen and every thought out of my head, pushing me backwards until my legs hit the edge of something. With a hand on my lower back, Seongho dipped me backwards until I was laying on the couch.

 

  Smiling down at me, his hands came to rest on my waist; the weight of his body pinning me down. He didn’t waste any time, and soon my whole body was craving his touches. His hot kisses ghosted over my skin, lighting small fires in their wake. His tongue danced and drew circles wherever he could reach.

 

  Bite her lip. She likes that. I heard Jungha’s voice in my head.

 

  AISH!! Are they watching us? I blushed a deep red, frantically looking around the room.

 

  “No, but they can sure feel us.” Seongho giggled.

 

  As if I couldn’t become any more embarrassed than I already was.

 

  The maknae decided to give his hyung’s advice a try. He nipped at my lips with growing confidence, pulling them between his teeth. The sensation made me purr and I forgot all about my red face. I fidgeted anxiously; the pressure knotting in my stomach was too much to handle.

 

  He smirked. “So impatient.”

 

  I felt as though I was on a speeding train with no way of stopping or even slowing down. All that was left was to face head on whatever was in front of me. Kissing him back with force, I let the sensations drown me. If I never breathed again, I didn’t care.

 

  Glancing down at the marking on my arm, I watched as a fourth wing magically appeared in the cluster. I didn’t feel it appear at all. All I was aware of was the love, the passion, the energy flowing within me.

 

  Thank you.

 

  I looked up at him. Wae?

 

  You chose to stay with us. He smiled and kissed me on the forehead. All I want is to be with you forever.