Chapter Ten

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

The next day, I was to return to work.

 

  When I walked in the front door, Ari exclaimed happily, “Long time no see! We were afraid you had left us for good!”

 

  “Aniyo! I’m feeling much better!” I grinned.

 

  She paused and narrowed her eyes. “You do look better… you’re practically glowing…” She raised an eyebrow inquisitively. “What happened to you last week?”

 

  Boy nothing gets past her.

 

  “I had the flu.” I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

 

 She eyed me again and turned back to writing out the menu of the day. “Mmhm.” Apparently she didn’t believe me.

 

  The boss came out of his office and greeted me.

 

  “Mianhaeyo! I will do my very best this time!” I rushed to apologize.

 

  “I hope so.” He gave me a stern look, then smiled. “Welcome back.”

 

   It was like I had never left.

 

   While I was at work all day, the guys were supposedly finalizing things for the ceremony.

 

   The ceremony…. I started grinning like a pabo.

 

  “Yah! What are you smirking at over here all by yourself?” Ari came up behind me as I was wiping off tables.

 

   “Ah. Ani… I’m just glad to be back!” I faltered.

 

   She crossed her arms and stared at me. “Spill it.”

 

   “Bwa?” I played dumb.

 

   “Out with it! You’re dating, aren’t you?!” She poked me in the ribs, trying to pry out information.

 

   I started giggled from the ticklish pokes. “Ani! Aniyo! Stop!”

 

  “What’s his name?” She prodded.

 

   I froze. This wasn’t going as well as I had planned. My brain scrambled to make up something, anything.

 

   “George.”

 

   Jinjja? That’s what you come up with?

 

  Ari stopped poking me and studied me in confusion. “George?” She almost cringed. “What kind of a name is George?”

 

   “He’s my….new hamster! I got one while I was sick to keep me company! He makes me laugh!” I was rambling.

 

   “A hamster? Aw, I love hamsters!!! Can I come over and see him?” She jumped up and down happily. “George the hamster.” She giggled.

 

  “Sure.” I chuckled awkwardly. “We better get back to work.”

 

  Reaching in my pocket, I quickly texted my boys.

 

  Quick. Go get me a hamster and name it George.

 

  A few seconds later came the reply.

 

  A hamster? Why do you want a hamster?

 

  Long story...

 

  I replied before hurrying back to the front desk to fill an order.

 

--------

 

  After work, I rushed home dying to see my boys faces again. I missed them so much.

 

  They were gathered around the kitchen table, hovered over the hamster cage, trying to teach it tricks.

 

  “Want to explain to us why you suddenly wanted this creature?” Sunhyeok nodded towards the animal.

 

  I rolled my eyes. “I told Ari the reason I was so happy was because I got a hamster named George last week to keep me company.”

 

  “Great. We have become hamsters now.” Jungha joked sarcastically.

 

  “You told me I couldn’t tell her!” I defended.

 

  “You were happy today?” Yoonhoo teased. “Is that because of us?” His grin got bigger.

 

  “Maybe.” I blushed, turning away towards the hamster cage. “He is cute though!”

 

  I laughed because the hamster was trying it’s hardest to reach the top of the wheel but kept falling back down.

 

  Seongho pouted, crossing his arms. “I’m way cuter than that hamster.”

 

   “Yes you are.” I reached over and pinched his cheek.

 

  He grinned big and tackled me in a bear hug, smothering me in kisses.

 

  “Yah! YAH!” I was laughing, trying to get free of his hold. “Down boy!”

 

  The maknae made the cutest pouty face I’ve ever seen. He looked just like a puppy whose toy was taken away. I ended up in a fit of giggles.

 

  Just then, the doorbell rang.

 

  Everyone froze.

 

  “Who’s that?”

 

  “It’s not me. I’m already here.” Jungha shrugged.

 

  “Are you expecting someone?” Sunhyeok was concerned.

 

  I shook my head, confused.

 

  “Yah! It’s me Ari! I know you’re in there! I heard you giggling!”

 

  OMO! I mouthed.

 

  Shooing the guys away, I fixed my appearance and tried to act normal.

 

  With a smile plastered on my face, I answered the door. “Hi Ari!”

 

  “You forgot I was coming, didn’t you?” She tsked. “You said I could come meet your new love interest after work.”

 

  For a second I thought she knew my secret. My eyes bugged out at her choice of words, but I regained composure and followed her to the kitchen table.

 

   “So this is George.” Ari’s voice raised an octave. “Hiya cutie! Boy you are fluffy! Is he fat or fluffy?” She turned to me.

 

  “Probably both.” I laughed.

 

  “Can I feed him?” She asked hopefully.

 

  Nodding, I handed her the box of carrot sticks out of the fridge. She offered one to the hamster through the cage, who immediately snatched it out of her hand, eating it within several seconds.

 

  “Jinjja! He is a fatty!” She laughed.

 

  My eyes suddenly spotted guy shoes by the front door, I quietly kicked them behind the potted plant before my friend got a chance to see them.

 

“Hey, do you mind if I use your toilet?”

 

 I shrugged. “Go ahead. It’s down at the hall.”

 

  As soon as she was out of sight, I exhaled the strained breath I was harboring.

 

  Just then, Ari screamed.

 

  My heart froze in fear. I raced down the hall, only to find her standing in front of my computer, staring at my BEATWIN shrine.

 

  “I knew it! I knew you were a fangirl too!” Her eyes twinkled. “They’re the best, right?”

 

  I let out a chuckle and nodded. “Yes. They really are the best.”