Chapter Eleven

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

  That evening after Ari had gone home, the boys reappeared.

 

  “Are you ready for the big day?” Yoonhoo asked happily.

 

  I looked at him blankly.

 

  “You’re not backing out now, are you?” His happy smile fell in disappointment.

 

  “Aniyo. But when exactly is the big day?”

 

  “Whenever you are ready.” Jungha stated.

 

  Too much decision making on my part.

 

  “Can you guys just pick a date?” I asked hopefully.

 

  “Sure! How about now?” Seongho exclaimed.

 

  Suddenly nervous, I fidgeted on the couch.

 

  Sunhyeok spoke. “Don’t worry. We will give you time to get ready.” Then he explained. “Mate ceremonies are very prestigious. There are lots of rituals. But nothing you can’t handle. We will be right there beside you."

 

  “What will I have to do?” I asked in curiousity, nervous that I might make a mistake. This was a whole new world to me.

 

  “At an angelic wedding, we drink in sequence from the Holy Grail, and recite some ancient phrases. When we tell you to, you will repeat after us. It’s that simple.”

 

  “The Holy Grail? JINJJA??” I was shocked.

 

  “Yes. The real Holy Grail….and no you may not sell it on Ebay.”

 

  “I wasn’t even thinking….” I stammered.

 

  “Good. Keep it that way.” Sunhyeok was firm. He smiled, melting the tension.

 

  “So when do you want to have the ceremony?” Seongho asked hopefully, giving me his puppy dog pout.

 

  I knew if I procrastinated I might never choose a date. Checking the calendar app on my phone, I made a decision. “How about you give me one week?”

 

  “Fair enough. This was a big decision. You deserve to be the most comfortable through all this.” Youngjo came to sit beside me on the couch.

 

  Being so near him again, there were butterflies, but a warm safe feeling also surrounded me.

 

  Considering I had just been on first dates with them, it might seem irrational to get married after one week. But this is not a normal situation. I was quickly finding that I could not spend more than a few hours away from them. My body would go into panic mode, almost as if the bond we were creating was a life force all on its own. I couldn’t live without them.

 

  “How about we watch a movie?” Yoonhoo suggested.

 

  “Sure!” Everybody agreed.

 

  I was snuggled next to Youngjo on the couch. Jungha asked if he could take the spot on the other side. With a nod, I was sandwiched between them.

 

  Yoonhoo turned the movie on and sat down on the floor at my feet right next to Seongho, who was already leaning his head on my leg.

 

  Sunhyeok came back from the kitchen with popcorn for everyone and took a seat next to Youngjo.

 

  I smiled happily. I knew I had made the right decision. This was exactly where I was supposed to be.

 

  Then a random giggle escaped me.

 

  The boys turned to look at me. “What’s funny?”

 

  “Oh nothing...just had a funny thought. It’s like I have angels sitting in my shoulders.” I looked at Youngjo. “If you’re the good one…” Then I turned to Jungha. “I guess that makes you the bad one?”

 

  He pouted and shrugged with a laugh. “I’ve been called worse.” He put his arm around me and leaned in close to my ear. “I’ll be whatever you want me to be.”

 

  My face burned as I fidgeted in my seat. Jungha’s deep caveman laugh tickled my heartstrings. Youngjo chuckled and pulled me closer to his side.

 

Resting his chin on my knee, Seongho looked up at me from his spot on the floor and smiled happily. Yoonhoo was hugging my other leg, engrossed in the movie.

 

  I laid my head down on Youngjo’s shoulder. I was surrounded by love. If I died right now, I’d die happy.

 

  I felt the sensation of a hand in my hair. Peering over at Jungha, I glanced down. His hand was holding mine...

 

  So who’s hand is in my hair? I contemplated, running through the list of possibilities.

 

  ...Sunhyeok.

 

   I heard him chuckle. He was running his long fingers through my curls in a very hypnotic manor. It was putting me to sleep.

 

  Next thing I knew, I woke up being carried to my bedroom. "Aw did I miss the movie?" I pouted.

 

  Youngjo placed my head on the pillow and pulled the covers up around me, kissing me on the forehead. “It's ok. Good night, neh sarang. Sweet dreams.”

 

  I grabbed his hand before he could leave. “Stay with me until I fall asleep?”

 

  He nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed, still holding onto my hand; he began tracing circles on it.

 

  My eyelids felt heavy. It wasn’t long before the dream world took me. It was filled with happy memories of BEATWIN.

 

--------

 

  The next morning, I woke up bright and early, fully rested. I had to be at work at 7 am to help with the baking.

 

  “Morning Ari.” I said happily when I got to work, coming through the kitchen door and putting my apron on.

 

  “Morning Sunshine! You sure are chipper. Was George making you giggle again?” Ari laughed as she got the dough out of the fridge.

 

  I suddenly remembered Jungha’s outburst about being compared to my hamster. Another giggling fit ensued.

 

  Ari looked at me like I had two heads. “Nobody’s hamster is that funny.”

 

  “You have no idea.” I chuckled and proceeded to help her with the morning chores.

 

  “Can I come over again to play with him?” She asked hopefully.

 

  “Sure. Just let me know when.”

 

  “Omo! I ALMOST FORGOT!” Ari just about screamed in my ear.

 

   I winced at the sudden shriek. “What?”

 

  She wiped her hand on her apron and pulled tickets out of her pocket. “I got you a surprise!” She was grinning like a cheshire cat. “I got us tickets to see BEATWIN in concert on Friday!!!!”

 

  I dropped my spatula in shock.

 

  She was practically jumping up and down now.

 

  I would kill to see my boys in concert again. I hadn’t seen them perform since that night in the club.

 

  Memories flooded my mind. Longing flooded my heart.

 

  ...But to see them with Ari there… it would be so difficult to act like I didn’t know them at all.

 

  ...Then again…

 

  A sneaky (probably creepy) smile crept across my face.

 

  I could let the fangirl loose… no one would ever know.

 

  Turning towards my friend, I grinned and thanked her enthusiastically. “That is the best gift ever! I can’t wait!”