Chapter Sixteen

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

That night after the concert, as I finally crawled into bed, I remembered the signed album. Straining over the edge of my bed to reach my purse, I pulled it out to examine it.

 

  The autographs were scrawled all across the cover. I smiled at the cute little heart Sunhyeok drew next to his name and the happy smiley face beside Seongho’s. Peering down at the bottom where Jungha had signed; the message he gave me read,

 

  Stay true to your heart! You’ll always be my girl.

 

  Touched so much I felt a teardrop trickle down my cheek. What did I ever do to deserve their love?

 

  The boys were busy until early in the morning, plus I knew they were exhausted, so I told them we would hang out the next day.

 

  I fell asleep listening to their album on repeat.

 

----------

 

  Saturday morning sunshine filtered in through the blinds of my bedroom window. I yawned and stretched happily, untangling the headphone cord from around my arm.

 

  My nose twitched. I smell coffee.

 

  With a smile, I crept out of bed and pulled my robe over my bare shoulders; stepping out into the hall headed for the kitchen.

 

  The gang was sitting around my breakfast table, drinking coffee and chatting quietly.

 

  “Good morning.” I said groggily.

 

  “Good morning, Beautiful! Would you like some coffee?” Sunhyeok asked, standing up to get me some.

 

  “Ne, gomawo.” I couldn’t help it as another yawn escaped.

 

  Noticing the clock over the fridge showed 9 AM, I sat down beside Yoonhoo and commented, “What are you guys doing here so early? I figured you would want sleep in after such a long night.”

 

  “We wanted to see our girl!” Seongho cheerfully ruffled my already messed up bedhead.

 

  I readily accepted the steaming cup of French vanilla coffee that Sunhyeok offered me, holding it up to my nose and letting the sweet caffeinated fumes stir me from my grogginess.

 

  “We don’t need much sleep, remember?” Youngjo said with a chuckle.

 

  “Plus we wanted to talk… like, what was that?! You sneaky little thing! We had no idea you were coming to our concert!” Seongho exclaimed, his excitement filling up the entire apartment and sending George into a frenzy.

 

  I grinned and stood up and walked over to the fridge, retrieving the carrot sticks and calming the rodent down with some breakfast. “You can thank Ari for that. She got tickets for my birthday.”

 

  Pulling my finger back with a cringe when George got too frisky with his food, I took a sip of my coffee and sat back down at the table.

 

  “So...what did you think?”

 

  I blinked. “Of?”

 

  “Of our new moves!” Seongho wiggled his eyebrows. “You know, I choreographed it myself!”

 

  I played up having to think for a minute. “It’s was ok.” I shrugged, sipping my coffee with a nonchalant air.

 

  The boys eyed me suspiciously.

 

  “Liar. You were a total fangirl last night. I saw you drooling in the front row!” Yoonhoo exclaimed with a teasing smirk.

 

  I bit my lip trying to hide my smile and then confessed. “I have never seen anything ier.”

 

  Grinning from ear to ear, the guys cheered, jumping up and down around my kitchen; body slamming each other.

 

  I cringed. Shaking my head, I put a hand to my temple. “It’s too early for all that.”

 

  Sunhyeok appeared beside me. “Are you ready for tomorrow?” His eyes sparkled with excitement.

 

  Yes! I looked up at him and responded mentally.

 

  He grinned.

 

  “Where is the ceremony going to take place?” I asked, downing the last of the strong brew in my cup and putting the empty dish inside the dishwasher.

 

  “Bukhansan Mountain.”

 

  My eyes grew wide. I turned around and stared at them. “Bukhansan Mountain?”

 

  They all nodded with a grin.

 

  “Jinjja??? That place is gorgeous!”

 

  “It’s also the closest place to Heaven.” Sunhyeok smiled.

 

  I was daydreaming of my wedding when Youngjo leaned in and whispered, “You’re going to be late for your shift.”

 

  I blinked. “Omo!”

 

  Disappearing down the hall, I heard my boys chuckling and talking amongst themselves. I jumped in the shower, got dressed, and did my makeup all in a span of 15 minutes; a world record for me.

 

  Jungha stopped me as I passed the kitchen, giving me a kiss. “Have a nice day at work, Jagi.”

 

  Seongho rushed over and shoved Jungha out of the way, crushing me in a debilitating hug. “Yes, have a good day!”

 

  He was about to give me a kiss, when Yoonhoo put a hand up between my face and his. Yoonhoo smirked at me, removing his hand and wiping Seongho’s lip print onto his jeans. “Work hard. Hwaiting!” He encouraged.

 

  I felt an arm around my shoulder and looked up to find the leader standing there beside me, pulling me into his side. “You pabos are making her late.” He kissed me on the cheek. “Have a good day.” He whispered in my ear.

 

  I couldn’t hold back my smile. “Youngjo?” I asked, grabbing my purse and keys. “Can you drop me off at work?”

 

  He nodded with a grin, sticking his tongue out at the rest of the boys and following me out the door.

 

  Youngjo dropped me off with a sweet goodbye kiss and I hurried into work with 2 minutes to spare. The boss gave me the look. You know the one.

 

  I bowed profusely and scurried behind the counter, tying my apron in a rush.

 

  It was Ari’s day off so our coworker Jackson came to fill in. He had already written out the menu for the day and filled the cookie displays.

 

  “Mianhaeyo...Sorry I am late.” I apologized, bowing and hurrying behind the counter to get the cash register ready.

 

  “Slow poke, you better be glad I covered for you. The boss was about to give your schedule to someone else.” Jackson warned me.

 

  “Jinjja?” I cringed, glancing over in the direction of the office door.

 

  “Yea so you better make it up to me.” He ruffled my hair and grinned.

 

  Jackson was a part timer at the café while he was in training at a music company. He would jokingly scribble his signature on napkins to give to me, saying I’d better frame them because he’ll be famous one day. The boy is completely full of himself. He loves to play the dorky clown that makes everyone laugh.

 

  Sometimes though, I see him over in the corner wiping tables or making coffee and his expression is so serious. It makes me wonder what’s behind his mask.

 

  Like today, for instance, I was ringing up a customer and he was filling their order, concentrating way too hard on making a cappuccino. He almost looked angry.

 

  I asked, “Everything ok, Jackson?”

 

  Seeming mentally preoccupied, he nodded with a hum, putting the finishing touches on the panda face he was painting in the foam. But as soon as Jackson turned around to give the drink to the customer, he was all smiles again.

 

  After lunch, I went in the kitchen to get some more cookies for the display and my cell phone buzzed in my pocket.

 

  Can’t wait to see you tonight after you get home from work! <3

  signed, your angels

 

  The text brought a happy smile to my face.

 

  “What are you grinning about?” Jackson came through the kitchen door to get more napkins.

 

  “Oh nothing...just got a text from a friend.”

 

  “Your boyfriend?” He eyed me.

 

  The question startled me. “Um, yea…”

 

  “Thought so.” He smirked and walked out with the napkins, leaving me in a daze of confusion.

 

  “Am I that easy to read?” I asked quietly when I returned to the front counter.

 

  He quirked an eyebrow at me. “Yup.”

 

  “Don’t tell Ari… it’s sort of a secret.”

 

  He shrugged. “Arasso. I won't say a word.”

 

  “Gomawo.”

 

A toothy grin flashed across his handsome face and he ran a hand through his bleach blonde hair. “Now you owe me double.”

 

   I rolled my eyes. “What do you want, Jackson?”

 

   “How about some ramen after work? I’m starving!” He patted his stomach and whined, making me laugh.

 

   “Arasso. Ramen it is. Here, have a cookie.” I picked up a cookie off the display rack and it at him.

 

---------

 

  After we clocked out for the day, we put on our jackets and headed out the door, down the street to the quick mart for some oh-so-healthy ramen.

 

  I paid for the containers and we heated them up in the microwave. As I sat at the counter next to him, blowing on the rising steam from my meal, I pondered quietly. It seemed to me like an unfair trade for him basically saving my job.

 

  “Are you sure this is enough? I mean, after all, you did cover for me at work.”

 

  “Well, now that you mention it…” He took a bite of his noodles.

 

  “What?”

 

  Jackson slurped up some of the noodles and lifted the cup to his lips, drinking down the hot liquid. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, he set the empty cup down and turned to look at me.

 

  “A date.”

 

 I blinked. “What?”

 

 “I want you to go on a date with me.” He was totally serious.

 

  “I told you I have a boyfriend…”

 

  “You can’t say no. You owe me.”

 

  I was starting to get nervous. My hands were feeling clammy and uncomfortable.

 

  “I can’t…”

 

  Was it just me or did I just see anger flash across his face?

 

  “One date.” He quirked an eyebrow.

 

  Frustrated, I sighed and rubbed my temples. “I really can’t.”

 

  I’m getting married tomorrow.

 

  Jackson shoved away from the counter, almost knocking over the stool in the process, and grabbed me tightly by the wrist, dragging me out into the cold night air.

 

  “I know.” He dragged me by the arm down the sidewalk lit up by streetlamps.

 

  My heart froze.

 

  “What?”

 

  “I know you’re getting married tomorrow!” He shouted angrily.

 

  I stared at him in shock. I thought that in my head… How did he know?

 

  “Because I can hear you.” He rolled his eyes, pulling his phone out of his back pocket and dialing someone, never letting go of my wrist.

 

  “It’s time.” Was all he said into the phone.

 

  My heart was beating a mile a minute. I felt a cold sweat break out on my forehead, making me shiver in the evening chill. He kept pulling me down the dark streets.

 

  “Where are you taking me?” I winced in pain from his uncomfortably steel grip.

 

  “On our date.” His voice didn’t sound at all like the friendly dorky comedian I worked with.

 

  My legs were getting exhausted, desperately trying to keep up with his long stride, and my mind swirled with unanswered questions.

 

  He screeched to a halt and spun around to face me. “Shut up!” He growled.

 

  Pulling me into a dark alley, he pushed me up against the cold jagged brick wall and slammed a hand up next to my head, blocking me in with no chance of escape. His striking face was an inch away from mine; his dark menacing gaze boring into my soul.

 

  Suddenly, I heard wolf whistles bouncing off the walls in the dark alley.

 

  Jackson grinned. “Welcome, boys.”

 

  A dangerous looking gang of guys appeared behind him with smirks on their faces.

 

  Help…. My mind squeaked out.

 

  Never taking his eyes off me, he pulled away from the wall, and crossed his arms with a smirk. “Go on. Call your boyfriends for help.”