Chapter 29

I Hate You Park Chanyeol [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Kira P.O.V.}

A couple of days later I get a phone call from D.O. while I’m lazing around my apartment watching Hyun Bin switch bodies with Ha Ji Won in Secret Garden for the umpteenth time.

“Kira, do you have some time later?” D.O. asks.

“I think I do. What’s up?” I ask.

“Well, I was hoping I could talk to you about something,” D.O. says sounding a little frantic.

“Of course, do you want me to stop by the dorm?” I ask.

“Ani!” D.O. says quickly. “Could I come over later?”

“Sure. That would be fine,” I say intrigued by his reaction.

“I’ll see you, then,” D.O. says and hangs up the phone.

I send him a quick text with my address so that he’ll be able to get here with no trouble, to which he replies with a ‘Thanks.’

After the phone call with D.O., I spend a little while cleaning my apartment. Straightening things and organizing my mess of a desk and coffee table where all the ‘magic’ of editing gets done.

Then, I go to the market for groceries. Purchasing food for the week, soju, and enough tea to last a month, I am pleased. When I get home, I put everything in their proper places and I’m just putting away the last of the food when I hear a knock on my apartment door.

“Coming,” I call.

I quickly go to the front door and open it to reveal a haggard looking D.O. I usher him inside and over to the couch in the living room.

“D.O. what’s going on? You look awful,” I say, my eyes roaming his pale face.

He sighs and takes a deep breath. “It’s Kai,” He says after a long moment. “I can’t believe I’m actually saying this out loud.”

I can see that his cheeks are turning a dark shade of pink. I take his hand and give it a squeeze.

“D.O., it’s okay. You don’t have to tell me anything if you don’t want to,” I say trying to comfort him. “You know that anything you do tell me, I’ll keep it safe for you.”

“I know. That’s why I want to tell you. It’s been eating me up inside. I need to tell someone. You’re the only person I can trust with this,” D.O. says squeezing my hand in return and smiling a little.

I return the smile but remain silent, giving him time to gather his thoughts and let out what’s bothering him.

“We’ve been working on a new song. It’s great and I enjoy singing it. But the choreography is really causing problems for me.” He pauses to take a breath. “Kai’s part in it is so… y that I almost have trouble breathing sometimes.”

D.O. lowers his head into his hands and talks through his fingers. “I haven’t been sleeping very well the past couple of days because every time I close my eyes the image of him dancing plays out in my mind. I can’t sleep when I’m feeling so by just the thought of him. Oh god, I can’t believe I just said that.”

“D.O. it’s okay to have feelings for someone,” I say soothingly.

D.O. lifts his head and looks at me with desolate eyes. “The only problem is that the person I have feelings for can never have feelings for me.”

I smile at him and say, “I don’t think that’s necessarily true.”

“What do you mean?”

“You remember how I said that Kai hates me?” I ask and D.O. nods his head. “Well, I actually think that Kai likes you. He just might not know how to tell you. Or he might thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter