Chapter 18

I Hate You Park Chanyeol [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Chanyeol P.O.V.}

“Baek, this is not a good idea,” I warn for the umpteenth time as we walk down the hallway to Kira’s apartment.

“Yah, Chanyeol. You’ve got to live a little!” Baekhyun says doing a quick dance step. “We haven’t seen Kira in a month!”

“Still. We should have at least called her before dropping by like this,” I say.

“Trust me, she’ll love seeing us!” Baekhyun says with an evil grin.

“Somehow I doubt that.” I deadpan.

“She might not want to see you, but I know that she’ll want to see me.” Baekhyun gloats. “She’ll probably hug me the moment that she opens the door.”

We stop in front of her door and Baekhyun pauses to comb his hair with his fingers. I just roll my eyes and knock. From inside we hear a small crash and loud laughter, which makes us look at each other in confusion. Then we hear another crashing sound closer to the door followed by a few curses and more laughter. When the door finally starts to open, both of us are a little worried.

The door slowly opens and Kira peeks her head to the side. Her hair is in a messy top bun with tendrils escaping it falling across her pretty face. She has black frames perched crookedly on her button nose. The instant she sees us standing in the hallway, her eyes widen, she emits a high pitched squeak and slams the door.

I chuckle and share a look with Baek. “She’ll hug you right away when she sees you, huh?”

“She was just surprised by how handsome I am today,” He says with a pout, picking off some non-existent lint from his shoulder.

“Right,” I say with a grin, knocking on the door for the second time.

We hear scrambling inside the apartment and muffled voices. Finally, the door opens and a stunning Korean woman that we’ve never met says calmly, and mildly triumphantly, “Why don’t you come in?”

Baek grins and says, “Alright.” He checks her out on his way by and she does the same. I follow, nodding to her as I pass. “Where’s Kira?” I ask looking around.

“I think she’s hiding in her room,” The woman says smiling at us warmly. “I’m Hae Shin; Kira’s best friend.”

“Former best friend!” We hear a shout from the bedroom.

Baekhyun laughs, “She really is my favorite.” Then he turns to Hae Shin and bows, saying, “I’m Baekhyun. If you’re a friend of Kira’s, then you, automatically, are a friend of mine, as she loves me.”

“Well, since you’re already here, I suppose I’ll be your friend.” Hae Shin says.

“Pardon him, please. I told him to leave his ego at home but he is constantly bringing it with him everywhere. I’m Chanyeol.” I bow in greeting.

“Ne, I know who you are,” She says with a smirk before she bows.

“Wait. So, you know Chanyeol, but you don’t know me?” Says Baekhyun incredulously.

“Ne. Obviously, some people aren’t popular enough to be known by someone as truly spectacular as myself.” Hae Shin remarks while examining the fingernails of her right hand.

Baek blinks for several moments, then gains his composure and replies, “Perhaps it’s that my popularity is out of your reach. It’s been known to happen. Don’t feel too bad about it.”

“Okay!” I say trying to calm the storm before it becomes a full on fest. “Hae Shin, we actually came over because we’re going to the club tonight and we wanted to bring Kira with us. It would be great if you came too.”

“Oh! That would be so much fun!” Hae Shin exclaims. “Let me just get Kira ready and we’ll come with you!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter