Chapter 27

I Hate You Park Chanyeol [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Kira P.O.V.}

With D.O. carrying the cake, I follow him into the dining room. When the cake is placed in front of Chanyeol, I can see that he is impressed. His smile is immediate and nearly splits his face in half.

Suho, being the leader he is, conducts us all in singing the Happy Birthday song; a capella and in perfect harmony.

Chanyeol claps loudly after our rendition and thanks us all.

“Yah, make a wish before the candles melt!” I say with a chuckle.

Chanyeol bends his head and closes his eyes as if praying. When he opens them again, he looks at me for a moment then turns and blows out the candles.

We all clap and Sehun teases Chanyeol about being an old man now.

“Yah! I’m not old!” Chanyeol shouts.

I chuckle. “I called Chen that earlier today!”

“I’m not old either!” Chen whines.

“Sure, Chen.” I wink at Sehun.

“Wae!” Complains Chen in his usual three syllable manner.

I just laugh when I hear it. “I think I need to record you saying that, Chen. I’ll use it as my ringtone or something.”

“Wae?” Chen says utterly undone by the teasing, causing me to hold my stomach and giggle.

D.O. begins to cut the cake and dole out pieces to the members, starting of course, with the birthday boy, Chanyeol.

Chanyeol takes his first bite and he moans.

I look at him worriedly and ask, “Is everything okay? It doesn’t taste weird, right?”

“Ani, it tastes like heaven,” Chanyeol closes his eyes and he slowly chews.

The other guys start eating their cake and they also make noises similar to Chanyeol.

“Yah, Kira!” Baekhyun says in a mock angry voice. “If you could bake like this, why have you never done it before now? You’ve known us for four months already! We’ve missed out on so much! You obviously don’t like us.” He puts on a super pout.

“Baek, put away the aegyo,” I say, smiling and waving my hand in a dismissive manner. “I’ve already told you that it doesn’t work on me.”

Chanyeol turns to me, puts his elbow on the table, rests his chin on his hand and in a very charming, deep voice says, “Why have you never baked for us before? Don’t you like us?” He then pouts a little and blinks his eyes at me adorably.

For a moment, I’m speechless. How can this giant of a man be so damned cute? With every movement of his eyelashes batting up and down, I can feel the butterflies in my stomach rumbling happily. His pouting lips in front of me are practically begging me to kiss them.

“Kira, are you okay?” D.O. asks from across the table.

I swallow hard, blink a few times and shake my head. I take a final look at Chanyeol’s face before turning to D.O. and see understanding in his eyes.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. How did we do on the cake?” I ask him, nodding to him and thanking him with my eyes for bringing me out of my infatuated stupor.

“We did great! You should make all the birthday cakes from now on. Okay?” D.O. says with a wink.

“Will there be a flour war with each cake?” I grin.

“Of course! It wouldn’t be the same without one,” D.O. says.

“Okay! I’m in,” I say.

“Only if I can help,” Chimes in Chanyeol. “I want to see you in action.”

“You want to be careful with this one,” Says D.O. chuckling. “She’s lethal with flour.”

Chanyeol says, “I look forward to seeing the damage she can do.”   

“You’ll scare Tao by the time I’m done with you,” I proclaim. “You’ll be white as a ghost.”

“I don’t think you can reach high enough for that, but it’ll be fun watching you try,” Chanyeol smirks.

“Yah! Just because I’m tiny doesn’t mean I’m not fierce,” I say sticking out my chin a little to try to look intimidating.

“I think that now would be a good time for gifts,” Says Suho eyeing the mock confrontation between Chanyeol and me. “Before these two come to blows.”

“Like I could really harm this pretty face?” I say putting my hands on either side of Chanyeol’s face and squishing his cheeks together.

All the guys laugh and point, making Chanyeol say through pouting lips, “Kira, let this go!”

Except that with the placement of my hands, it sounds like: “Kiwa, wet dis go!”

His words only make us all laugh harder. Then I hear a clicking sound from behind me and I turn to see that Baekhyun has his phone out and he took a picture of Chanyeol’s squished up face.

I let Chanyeol go and he gets up and reaches for Baekhyun trying to take away his phone.

“Yah! Baek! Give that here!” Chanyeol yells and starts chasing Baekhyun around the table while the rest of us laugh.

D.O., Suho and I calm down f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter