Chapter 23

I Hate You Park Chanyeol [On Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Chanyeol P.O.V.}

Behind the pillar with Tao, I return my focus to Kira and D.O. just in time to see her reach out her hand, lift his chin up and smile into his face.

Before I know what is happening, I am moving out from behind the pillar, but luckily Tao is quicker than me and he is able to grab me and turn me back around. We return to the relative safety of the pillar, but we have attracted Kai’s attention.

He is staring at us with an odd expression on his face. It is a mixture of guilt, embarrassment, anger and something I can’t quite name. He looks back at Kira and D.O. with an almost desperate look in his eyes, then he turns away and leaves.

“Tao, do you know what is going on with Kai?” I ask.

“No clue,” Tao says happily. “Then again, I rarely know what’s going on with him. The only things I understand when it comes to Kai are: puppies are good, and he likes chicken.”

I roll my eyes. “Tao, you really need to pay more attention to the rest of the group.”

“They need to pay attention to me,” Tao says arrogantly.

I sigh, deciding to give up for now, turning back to the table that we were watching, only to find it empty. I move from behind the pillar and scan the area, and spot the two people walking arm in arm toward the stairs. I grab Tao and we hurry after the pair.

I watch them walking in front of us and I feel jealousy gripping my gut. I want Kira to hold onto my arm like that. I want her to lean up to me and smile when I say something to her. I want her to rest her head on my arm while we walk together. I want to be the one that she’s walking with. But she is with D.O. She’s doing all these things with him.

When we get to the parking lot, Tao says, “Do we really have to keep following them? I doubt that even your legs could keep up with the speed of a car.”

“Ani, you’re right. We can’t keep following them. Let’s just go back to the dorms. We have something scheduled later anyway.” I grumble.

“Oh no! You said you’d take me shopping, so shopping you will take me!” Tao grabs my arm and drags me back into the mall with an evil grin on his face.

He spends the next two hours torturing me by looking at clothes and forcing me to try them on. I don’t know the exact amount of money Tao spends but I’m guessing that Suho is going to ban him from the use of his credit card in the future, at least, I’m praying that he will.

When we finally get back to the dorm, we barely have time to drop off the bags of clothes before we have to leave again.

Our schedule today is a talk show. We sing one of our songs, answer some questions and generally interact with each other for the camera. It goes pretty well, but the other guys are the ones that are carrying the show. I don’t contribute much.

I know I had spent the whole day in a bad mood. I wasn’t reacting the way I usually would and I know the others noticed it. I’m grateful that they did their best to cover for me. I just couldn’t seem to shake how I was feeling after what I had seen earlier at the mall with Tao.

After we finished the talk show, we pile into the van to go back to the dorm. The other guys are talking amongst themselves about certain things that had been said during the show.

“Chanie, are you okay? You’ve been acting weird all day,” Baekhyun remarks; concerned.

“I’m fine,” I lie.

“Yeah, you’ve been really quiet,” Says D.O.

“You didn’t l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter