Chapter 3

You've change everything in me!

CHAPTER 3

“Oh my God I’m late!” I shout. I hurriedly take a shower and wear my uniform.

“Soojungie, Jinri is waiting for you pali. She’s waiting here for almost 15 minutes.” Unnie shout.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” I shout.

When I go downstair, I saw jinri smiling at me. “Good morning besty. You sleep so long huh? You’re dreaming of someone right?” She tease me.

“Yah Jinriyah, I’m just tired you know.” I’m tired thinking of him, after everything I discover about him? It’s impossible for me to love by him. It’s just a dream that will never come true.

When we arrived at the campus Jinri left me because she’s a member of Cultural Club and your exempted once you’re a member. I’m now in the gym sitting alone waiting for our PE teacher, looking at the students playing when the two familiar Apink members approach me. Gosh besty said their bully. Where are you now jinri?

“One of my friends told me that you’re with Minho yesterday. Who are you?” The girl with long hair said.

“Are you his girlfriend?” The girl with a shorter hair added. Daebak they’re really pretty.

“Anniyo, oppa is…” The longer hair cut my words.

“Yah don’t call him oppa.” She shout. How dare her to shout me like this.

“Don’t shout on me.” I stood up and ready to leave when the shorter hair girl grabs my arm.

“How dare…” She cut her words when someone release her hand on my arm. I look up at the person and saw Jongin oppa.

“What are you doing Eunji?” pointing at the girl with short hair.

“And you naeun?” looking at the girl with long hair.

“Nothing. I’m just asking her right girl?” She look at me with her fierce look. I’m afraid yes. I don’t know what to do so I just nodded.

“See? Don’t be so overacted jongin.” Naeun said.

“Then leave her alone.” He said with a harsh tone.

“Yah. Let’s go unnie.” Naeun grab Eunji’s hand and they leave. I sigh in a relief thanks to Jongin oppa.

“Thanks oppa.”

“Are you okay? Always call me when that bullies mess you okay?” He said with worried tone.

“Neh oppa. Gomawo.” I smile lightly.

“What sports you’re going to choose by the way?” He asked.

“Sports?” I asked.

“Yeah, everybody here have their sports to join.” He said while smiling.

I look around and saw minho oppa. I was happy seeing him smiling despite of his problems.

“That’s a high jump sport. You want that?” He asked. He didn’t know that I’m looking at Minho oppa.

I just nodded and in just a moment I realize what I’m saying.

“Ah no, no I mean…” I froze and I think my face blushed so I just say yes at the end.

“Yes I want to try that.” I said with my fake smile.

“Are you sure? A lot of girls here chose that sports because of Minho. I hope you’re not one of them.”

“Ofcourse not.” I immediately deny and fake a smile. I think I’m so obvious. I froze when he pinch my cheek.

“Yepuda.” He smile widely.

“Class let’s sit at the soccer field so you can chose your sports. Pali!” Ms. Song our PE teacher shout.

We run at the field and jongin oppa sit beside me. All students from 7th grade to 12th have the same PE teacher so I have 4hours time seeing Minho oppa every TTH. Some girls are looking at me. Maybe they’re envious because I’m with Jongin oppa. I saw Minho oppa from afar with his Shinee friends and GG group. He look so close with Yuri ssi. They look good together by the way. Minho oppa glance at my side and look at me. Did he look at me? I turn around and saw nothing because we sat at the last row. I smile and blush. 

“So guys you can choose your sport now. I already put the symbol of every sports, we have Basketball, High Jump, Volleyball, Hurdle and badminton. Choose one okay? Pali!”

Oh my god what to choose? Volleyball or badminton? I glance at the Volleyball line and saw Apink groups, Oh my I won’t go there for sure. Okay I’m going for badminton.

After almost 10 minutes finally the lines are complete.

“Okay so were going to start counting.” After Ms. Song counted all the participants she will pick two representatives from each group. I’m at the High Jump line because Jongin oppa grab my hand earlier, well he thought I really want to try it.

“In high jump, Mr. Choi you’re the representative. Choose from the girls you want to be partner.” All the girls raise their hand except me. He look at me and smile.

“Ms. Song, I’ll pick Jung Soojung.”

“Huh? Me?” I froze, everybody is looking at me. I feel like any moment they will kill me. Ottoke?

“Okay Ms. Jung, go in front.” I hurriedly walk in front.

“Why me?” I asked when I sat beside him.

“They all want to be my partner so I chose you. You didn’t raise your hand so I’m sure you don’t like me.” He said smiling.

“Huh?” what did he mean?

“I mean you don’t like me in a special way right?” He smile at me and I just nodded.

So he doesn’t want someone to like him in a special way? I need to hide my feelings then.

After the groupings and some important reminders Ms. Song dismissed us early. Jongin oppa approach me.

“How’s the feeling?” He said.

“Huh?”

“I mean chosen by the most popular guy in the campus.” Oh oh. Soojung pretend that you don’t like Minho in a special way so you can get close to him.

I bravely look at Jongin oppa’s eyes and smile. “It’s okay, nothing special though all girls want to kill me. I don’t care.”

“So you’re not happy?” He asked.

“I’m happy ofcourse.” I pose for a while and continue. “I’m the representative of High Jump why not right?”

I look at his eyes and he looks relief. He smile widely hearing everything I said.

“Well good to hear. I’m happy for you too. Let’s eat lunch? My treat.”  He said pleading.

“Haha okay.” I smile and stood up.

Other malicious eyes are looking at us while walking. I’m scared yeah but what to do? I need to be brave and I know my friends won’t let me hurt. Jongin oppa look at me and he signalled that it’s okay, I’m here. I smile at him and when we arrived at the cafeteria I saw Minho oppa with his group of friends. He look so busy reading a book while his friends are laughing. I look around and a lot of girls are looking at him. He is so damn hot while reading a book.

“Hey Ms. Jung, looking at Minho?” Jongin oppa tease.

“No oppa, I’m just curious why a lot of girls are looking at him that way, I mean yes he is the most popular guy here in the academy but it looks like it’s their first time seeing him here.” I explain and lied.

“Haha. Even I’m a guy. I admit that Minho is really handsome. Almost perfect like what they say. Let’s forget him. Let’s grab some foods.” He said.

We grab a lot of foods. Well the cafeteria is a buffet one so anything you want to eat is here. I’m so blessed.

We sat next to the Shinee’s table. Minho oppa look at me a few seconds and back of reading his book. He didn’t smile? Okay then.

While eating my food, I didn’t forget to always glance at him but he didn’t recognize it because he is busy reading. Shinee groups except him greeted me earlier. I discover that Jongin oppa is a good friend of Taemin ssi. I decided to set aside him and enjoy eating the best food here. Jongin oppa laugh at my eating style.

“Yah oppa, I’m not rich okay? So don’t expect me to eat like an elite people does, beside it’s so delicious.” I complained.

“Haha I didn’t say anything Ms. Jung, it’s cute anyway. It’s my first time seeing a slim girl like you eating like a dinosaur instead of eating like a bird.” He tease me.

“Haha, whatever Mr. Kim.” I continue to eat my food. Didn’t mind Jongin oppa.

After lunch I already go to my next class and finally my bestfriend is here. I tell her everything happened earlier and she tell me what happened to her earlier also. We listen and enjoy the subjects.

“Finally it’s 4 already. Besty, wait for me okay? I’m just going to meet Mr. Han again. Please!” She pleaded so I nodded.

I’m here at the bench waiting for her. “What to do?” I murmured and I remember yeah I need to take selfie. I look at my bag and didn’t saw my phone. “Oh my god I forgot it at the soccer field.” I hurriedly run to the gym.

“Anybody here?” I shout.

No answer, I decided to look at where I stay earlier. After a few minutes I saw it at the grass near the field. I was surprise seeing him. Is he crying? I approach him and hand him my handkerchief. He looks at me in disbelief.

“What are you doing here?” He said in a harsh tone.

“I’m sorry it’s just that…” He cut my words.

“Never mind. You can leave now.” He said while looking at the ground.

“Are you okay oppa?” I said in a worried tone. He looks at me and didn’t say any words.

“I’m sorry. Okay I’m leaving.” I hurriedly run back to the bench and saw jinri look so worried.

“Besty I’m sorry. I forgot my phone at the soccer field. Let’s go?” I said and she smile.

“It’s a relief. Okay let’s go.”

After Jinri drive me home. I already went upstairs. Unnie is not in the house yet so I’m not going to eat dinner. I’m so full.

I was thinking of him again. Why his crying? Is he crying because of his ex-girlfriend yoona? I decided to text Jinri to get Minho oppa’s number and without hesitation Jinri gave it to me. “Gosh, do I need to call him or text him? I’m so worried.” After 1 hour finally I chose to call him. I dialled his number. “It’s ringing.” My heart beats fast.

“Yoboseyo?” said in the other line.

“Is this Choi Minho?” I asked nervously.

“Yes. Who’s this please?” He said in a calm tone.

“It’s me soojung. Jung Soojung.”

“Oh soojung. Why? How did you get my number?” He said in a surprise tone.

“I got it from jinri. I was just worried.”

“Is it about earlier? Forget it okay?” He said in a calm tone.

“Okay then. I’m sorry to disturb you. Bye.” He ended the call without saying anything.

“So arrogant. Hmmmp!!” I murmured.