Like I Would.

My Life!

Like I Would.

You may think that after I showed that jerk I'm not just a dog who barks loud he'd back off. You thought wrong. If anything it got worse. Every time I let my guard down he sneaked up behind me and dared to pull a stunt. Of course, smart me got special measure to go against his approaches but the more I fought the more he attacked. He reminded me of an always beaten up puppy which returned to its owner nevertheless.

When I complained more than once how horrible my life became my best friend had nothing else to say than “well, you're like the bone to a dog” and shrugged his shoulders after that. End of the discussion. I was so shocked about his comparison there was nothing in my brain to talk back. A bone? Since when was I a dead object, huh?! And white? I was nicely tanned,damn it.

But after weeks of ual harassments exhaustion kicked in. I dreaded every school day with passion and rejoiced at school free days. Almost the complete opposite to my former attitude. And no, I won't change into a delinquent.

My parents didn't comment on my sudden mood changes and left me to my own business. I was smart so there was no reason to bother. As long as my marks remained the same they continued on. They were the kind who didn't took much interest in their child's life apart from school related issues aka exams, students and teachers. If a new school year started they'd ask if my class got a new addition, who the teachers were and how they taught, if I understood everything, and when I've answered all their question they returned to their work.

My parents love me, don't get me wrong. They were just not the type to spoil their descendants rotten. Or go on trips to strengthen family bonds. I was quite happy with their disinterest in my personal life. It gave some good benefits: I didn't need to explain my current mood nor my clothes. I didn't have to report every single detail on what happened while I was in school, gossip included. And the best, I didn't need to bother with awkward conversations about potential lovers. Yes, I was lucky I could do as I wished – with some rules tagging along. Children needed rules.

Strangely, today my parents must've swapped with someone else's father and mother. When I stepped into the kitchen my mother baked some pancakes – my favourite breakfast – and sent me a cheerful good morning. That was bizarre already. Normally, she would sit at the table, scrolling through lists over lists on her tablet and taking notes before she left for work. She looked up after my silence and frowned. “Honey, you're okay?” she asked.

Bizarre number two.

My mum never asks in the morning how I was doing. Only if I stayed in my room cause of sickness. Suspicion rose inside me. Something was going on. Either they wanted me to do them a favour or something bad had happened. I prayed it wasn't the latter.

I'm fine,” I replied. “Are you?”

My mother sent me a funny look. “Why shouldn't I?” she said and laughed awkwardly. I shrugged my shoulders, not in the mood to argue. In forced consensus I sat at the table and spit the first pancake. I haven't swallowed two bites when the next surprise awaited me in from of my father. Normally at this time he was already on his way to work. “You've got a free day?” I asked and continued to eat when my father answered in the negative. He's a workaholic. Only over his dead body he'd take free days or holidays. Stupid question.

The shirt doesn't compliment you, son,” my father said and made me successfully stop in my actions. “Pastel tones aren't your style.”

Where's your dark blue sweater you always wear?” my mother added. She still had her back turned towards me. I stared at the back of her head. “Mum, I haven't worn it in years. Ignore the fact it's children's seize.”

My father cleared his throat while an awkward atmosphere lied over the kitchen. “Okay, what's going on?” I asked, tired of finding the answer to this riddle. My parents never once bothered about my clothes before. My mother's failed comment indicated their disinterest in their child's fashion. Something's fishy. And I'd find the truth.

My parents exchanged glances. When do they do that? Gosh, am I in a film or what? Today was unusual as hell. “You know what, forget it,” I mumbled. “I need to go anyway. Else Heechul's turns all y. See you tonight.”

I left the house in high speed. Note: running down the stairs can endanger your mobility. Please be careful if you're not a stuntman or woman – I'm not one for discrimination. My sister made sure I've learned from a young age to see everything in an emancipated view. Kudos to her. She doesn't need to know I prefer more feminine women who don't run but walk slowly and expect the man to open the door. Old-line, yeah, yeah. My grandpa rubbed off on me. He was a gentleman of the old school. Treating a lady with the highest respect, seeing them as gems, an enrichment to one's life. I'm not going to those extremes but I do carry some traits. Not that you need to know. Else I'll lose my money in the nearest bar for paying all the drinks. My allowance isn't that much.

My thoughts drifted back to reality when I caught sight of Heechul waiting by the school gates. No, not waiting. He was with someone, clearly enjoying himself if the way he smiled and kept close to his partner was anything to go by. Must be his newest flirt, I thought and inspected the dark haired girl in the pastel-coloured flowery dress complimenting her taint. She was slim though her curves were hard to find. Oh, well, Heechul preferred personality and face over the body proportions. So it wasn't a surprise to come face-to-face with a beauty when I neared them. Almond shaped eyes, lashes accentuated with little make-up, a small nose and a clear shaped mouth with its lower lip fuller than the upper one – like most people had them – and a defined face shape. Yep, Heechul got himself quite a catch again. I raised my eyebrow and my friend winked at me before he pulled the girl closer and whispered something in her ear. She blushed which complimented her even more – how was that possible? I always looked like a red tomato – and peered up at my flirtatious childhood friend with adoration but also some resistance. Ah, this time a hard-to-get-girl, huh? Patiently and considerate I waited for them to finish their goodbyes. “You'd outdo yourself again,” I commented when the girl vanished around the corner, the wind playing with her long hair. Heechul grinned. “Only the best for the best,” he answered and whistled. Great, he was in a good mood. I already saw my nerve strings thin. When I was upset or not well and Heechul hyper I aged a few years. In a normal state he was a handful but when I wasn't at my best? Lost game. I prayed I wouldn't lose it today. Didn't need psychic embarrassment aside my physical appearance taking advantage of by this damn transfer student! Speaking of him he walked down the school yard to the entrance, sunglasses piqued on his nose and clothes set in the school's rules. I did wonder how he managed to make it look casual and not stuck up like it was the case for the majority of the students. Must be cause of those poser sunglasses.

Just then our eyes met and immediately I flinched at the predatory smile he sent me. Shivers went down my spine. Sweat pearls appeared on my forehead. With each day my reaction towards the transfer student became worse. It scared me to hell. Maybe not scared, furious sounds btetter. Thankfully, Heechul was with me. He grabbed my arm, oblivious to my current state and dragged me inside while talking about his new girlfriend, her intelligence, wit and beauty. Wow, this time he was smitten as hell. I just hoped the girl did him good. From what I saw she wasn't malicious, rather shy. Possibly loveable. Time will tell.

Spit it. What was that earlier?”

We sat on the rooftop, Heecul lying comfortable on the ground and enjoying the sun grazing his skin. I glanced at him before I focussed back on my science book. There was an interesting article about the Himalayan orogenesis. “Don't know whatcha mean,” I lied. Of course, I did. My best friend referred to my outburst in second period were I was paired up with the misery of my life. While I was determined to work hard on the exercises that damn jerk found it funny to make advances at me – again. For your imagination I shall list it: groping my thigh, pinching my cheek, breathing close to my ear, whispering dirty words. It turned to a point I was short on exploding. In a last-minute rescue I sprinted out the classroom and to the rooftop where Heechul tracked me down, one of my beloved babies in tow; said science book.

Choi Kyuhyun!”

I pursed my lips and stayed stubborn. As much as I despised an upset Heechul I refused to admit the new king in our classroom has this affect on me. I rather die.

I've got an upset stomach, that's all,” I mumbled and thumbed over a page. I could almost see my friend's eyes turn small with suspicion. He was way too sharp.

You may be smart in class, Kyu, but you're stupid in life.”

My head snapped up. “What's that supposed to mean?” I clenched through grit teeth. I hated when my intelligence was being questioned. Heechul should know better. But when I saw the smirk on his face I wanted to punch myself. Got fooled. “Listen, that guy annoys me, okay? I can't stand him. And the girls ongoing rhapsodies get on my nerves.”

That guy has a name, y'know?” Heechul teased and pinched my nose. “My little Kim Kyu.”

One day I'm gonna murder you and bury your leftovers at a rubbish dump,” I promised darkly.

Heechul laughed. “Love you, too.”

I scowled to try and hide my smile. Leave it to this weird person to bring back my good mood in the weirdest way possible.

 

֎֍֎

 

The orphanage I went to twice a week was located near my after school activities. Before you ask – I'm in a swimming team, though not for competition. I just enjoyed the water. It calmed one's mind. I definitely needed that after the exhausting school day I had. Heechul's not so helpful advice I should ignore the jerk and his not wished-for supply of said jerk's name – Shim Changmin, what name was that, huh? - plus the plain teachers' lessons and a certain person's name I won't mention ever bothering me with stares and brief touches drained all my energy. So when I participated in some random swim competition I felt revived and got the strength to visit the little rascals I was fond of. Just the thought of those imps swarming around my feet and squealing made me giddy. Therefore I skipped towards the location in a good mood. I cheerfully greeted the watchman at the gate and was immediately attacked by two three year old boys clinging to my legs. “Kyukyu!” they squeaked and stared up at me with bid sparkling eyes. Did something better exist in the world than being welcomed by a happy child?

Hey, there, my little cheeky devils.” It was a nickname I gave them cause they were up to no good all the time. Well, they didn't harm anyone so no one did anything against them. Once or twice they got a reprimand not to overdo it.

Ah, Kyuhyun, you're back,” the voice of an old woman, the head of this orphanage, greeted me warmly. I smiled at her. “I'm sorry I'm late, Mrs Oh.”

The old lady waved it off. “Don't worry. We're thankful for your engagement and patience with the kids.” She turned to the two boys acting like baby koalas and clapped her hands. “It's time for bed, boys. The others are already under their sheets.”

We go if Kyu reads us a good night story,” one of the two demanded and clutched tighter to my jeans. I chuckled at the defiant look on his face. His future as a business man seemed settled.

Mrs Oh sighed. She exchanged looks with me. I shrugged my shoulders. “I don't mind. As long as you're ready for bed, meaning having brushed your teeth and wearing your pyjamas.”

Faster than light the two cheeky little devils ran down the hallway to where the bedrooms were located, their shouting and laughter following them.

My, my. I should hire you, Kyuhyun. They listen so well to you,” Mrs Oh joked and led me to her bureau. It was small and stuffed with the strangest things but I felt comfortable here. It reminded me of my own grandparents' home. The thought made me sad. It was a long time since the last time I saw them. Accurately, the day I moved back into my parents' house after reconciliation. Yep, we had a time things escalated more often than not in a fist fight with my father and psychic battles with my mum. Not a nice era. Luckily it didn't last long. For that timespan my grandparents took me in and made sure I wasn't lacking anything, especially food. As you can imagine I turned quite chubby. Well, those days lied behind me. Thanks for puberty.

A deep sigh brought me back. Mrs Oh held a pile of documents in her hands, eyes dull and slightly desperate. “Something the matter?” I prodded carefully.

The old lady shook his head. “I don't wanna pester you with odds and sods. Now is an important for you.”

Mrs Oh, please,” I interjected. “You and the rascals are dear to me. If something's wrong with the orphanage I want to know.”

She smiled. “Stubborn as always, eh? It's about some renovations we need. Damming the walls so it won't be too cold in the winter or too warm in the summer and the air conditioners won't have to be used so often, the roof needs to be slate, waters dripping in the attic, and other things we can't afford to do. The money's short and we can't expect any financial support from the borough.” A tired look cast over her face. “I fear for the kids. I don't want them to get hurt or sick.”

I nodded, understanding her problem. The question was how to solve it? I wasn't a roof tiler nor a bricklayer. I was of no use. “I'll think of something,” I comforted her despite my lack of ideas. “Just concentrate on the kids' well-being. That's most important.”

Mrs Oh's lips twitched. “Sure, you aren't a father misplaced in a boy's body?” she teased and I flushed. She hit a spot. I'd never told anyone one of my wished were to become a great father. Of course, after I finished successful school and university and got a well-paid job. Using intelligence required high-levelled concentration after all. Therefore it was only natural it'll be acknowledged with a great paycheck. “I go read the devils' their story,” I mumbled and stood up to leave. Mrs Oh accompanied me to the door. “You don't need to report when you leave,” she said. “I mark your attendance down as usual. You've got y trust. You're part of our family.”

Her words warmed my heart and I was at a loss for words. In the end I managed a small thank you. Mrs Oh patted my head. “No need to thank me, young boy. If anyone I should be grateful. You give the children some happiness. Because of you they'll turn into joyful adults, I'm sure.”

I wasn't used to sincere words like these. I could only nod and excuse myself with a deep bow before I head to the boys' room. Along the way I noticed cracks in the wall I haven't seen before. My heart grew heavy at the thought what it meant for the orphanage. Many didn't got good critics and the critical view in society was surely justified for some. Mistreated children, bullying, hits and one meal a day. I got angry just thinking about it. But this orphanage was completely different. It cared for its habitants, made sure they ate well and were warm at night. It couldn't shut down.

I turned my thoughts into more happy ones when I reached my location. The little cheeky devils along their room mates were already waiting, stuck tightly in their beds. Only their eyes could be seen. Eyes full of anticipation.

What do you wanna hear?” I asked in a sing-sang voice. Yu, one of the two troublemakers, let his right arm appear from under his sheets and piped, “An adventure with a cool hero.”

I rolled my eyes. The same as always. Well, lucky me, I've prepared myself for their foreseeable demand. “Let's see...” I acted all clueless. It entertained them. “What story should I retell... That? Or this? Ah, yes, I got it.” I grinned at them and rubbed my hands. “Once upon a time there was a brave young soul living a life full of hurdles. Those hurdles, consisting of brainless people, jerks, clingy girls, cheeky little devils and the worst bamboo cane the young brave soul ever met.”

Bamboo cane?” Yu repeated confused. I held up a hand. “No inferences, please. As I said, the worst bamboo cane the young brave soul ever met. One sunny day after the young brave soul managed to go through brainless peoples' talk and escaped clingy girls he was on his way to meet the cheeky little devils-” “That's us!” Yu and Lu interjected and got a knock with my fist on their heads. “Anyway, he was on his way when he collided with something: the worst bamboo cane on earth. Said cane bothered the young brave and innocent soul to the core and ignored the young brave and innocent soul's requests to make himself scarce. And whatever the young brave, innocent and bothered soul tried the worst annoying bamboo cane stick to him. In the end the cheeky little devils came to the young brave, innocent and bothered soul's rescue and banished the worst, annoying and evil bamboo cane from this world. From this day on the young brave, innocent and freed soul was once again able to live his formidable life to the fullest. End.”

Satisfied with the ending I smiled around me. The children who'd looked confused at the beginning were now making victory noises and shouting “we banished the evil anti-hero!”

Now is time to sleep,” I stopped their wild activities. “Be good kids and close your eyes. Else you won't get another story the next time I'll come.”

We can tell us ourselves some,” Lu said cheekily.

Instead I'll make you work in the garden. I saw some weeds that definitely need to be removed.”

Within two seconds it was quiet and every child had their eyes closed. Grinning I got up and groaned when the blood returned in my feet. There were a few giggles. “Kyukyu's an old man~”

Weeds!” I shouted.

Silence.

Fulfilled with the good deeds I've done today I left the room and walked back the way I came from. Under the door of Mrs Oh's bureau shone light through. She must still be busy, I thought and did as she requested. I left without reporting. When I got home my parents as well as my sister were nowhere seen. A post-it on the refrigerator told me their location. A fancy restaurant. Great. Whatever, I preferred my alone time. Especially after my parents' strange behaviour. There was something wrong. My curiosity wanted to be sated, but a little part of me was afraid. Afraid of what the source of this weirdness could be. Not wanting to continue to think about possibilities, one worse than the other, I buried my head in my pillow and waited for sleep to take over. Something I could always depend on.

 

֎֍֎

 

The next morning proceeded the same as yesterday. My father was still there and my mother stood in the kitchen making breakfast – no pancakes today, I noted. Without a comment I let myself slide in a chair and grabbed a smeared bread, finishing it slowly. I was aware of the fact that my gaze burnt into my mother's skull but I would be damned if I asked again and get a stupid answer in return. Once was enough. Especially when I thought about the waiting lesson in which I had to pair up with the jerk who's name I won't mention. Just the mental image made my stomach churn uncomfortable. Now I regretted to have eaten the bread. It threatened to come out on the wrong end. For a short moment I thought about acting sick, headache or something. Though I threw those ideas away when my big sister came into view, still in their pyjamas. That meant only one thing: she had a free day. Under no circumstances did I wish to spent my free time with her if there was an opportunity to spent my day intelligent.

I'm leaving for school,” I announced and ignored the small plastic bag I knew consisted of food. Somehow the thought of it made me sick. To my dismay the discomfort went on in class. Heechul threw a paper on my desk asking if everything was alright. I replied with a strained smile. When lunch came around I considered going to the nurse office. There had to be something wrong with me. To my surprise I felt much better after we received the news the transfer student would miss the next lesson. Only then did I notice he hadn't had made advances yet. I dared to hope he may have given up. That sent me into euphoria. No more predatory smiles, no unasked touches, no dirty words. No more dreading school days.

Of course I was naïve to think that way. It was short past three o'clock, most of the students preparing for after-school activities or to go home. I went unsuspecting down the halls to the teachers' lounge. There were a few questions for a module I considered taking next year. Out of nowhere a hand grabbed my arm and jerked me in a empty classroom. Shocked I didn't resist and let the stranger do as he pleased. My shock soon turned into fear though when I laid eyes on the person.

No,” I managed to say and backed away.

The transfer student smirked in victory and took two steps forward for every step I took backwards. “Nah, my little puppy, don't tell me you're scared.” He clicked with his tongue playfully.

Stay away!” I raised my voice, finding strength in the danger of this situation. No one was around, no one to stop, to prevent. I gulped. I had to fight for myself, physical. “I'm serious, stay put or I'll call a teacher.”

Good luck with that,” the jerk smirked. “I'd be surprised if anyone hears your screams for help.” he stepped closer and closed his right hand around my wrist. “You don't know how long I waited for this moment to come,” he whispered close to my ear.”To see you carefree, without that damn bith as your bodyguard. I just had to use this chance.” He my ear shell. My heart beat furiously in its cage. I fished for words to throw back at him but the sea was fished-out. Resigned I closed my eyes when his hands roamed over my body. Feelings of fear I never knew haunted me.

I was shivering at the strange touches. The need to scream for help was big but my throat was dry. The need to run was strong but my body was paralysed. I wanted to make the other stop but I was powerless against him. After all, nobody went against Shim Changmin, the exchange student. Teachers and students alike were far too intrigued by the way he carried himself. The confidence some wished to possess. The implicitness he demonstrated to show he belonged to another class. The arrogance complimenting his good looks. No, who in his right mind would oppose Shim Changmin?

I couldn't. Shame on me. Even though I wished when two fingers pinched my s. I clenched my eyes shut. Maybe everything would vanish then? That was considered ual assault, wasn't it? I never agreed to these activities, never will. I wasn't someone's object for pleasure!

And just when I thought the nightmare would reach one of its darkest moments a voice saved me. A voice I never heard before. The school was big. None expects me to differentiate a thousand or so students here. “Shim Changmin!” The furious words cut the air in half. Called boy flinched as if he'd been whipped. “Get off him right now!”

I used Changmin's state of shock to kick him off and scramble few metres away. I wasn't safe yet but I didn't trust my legs to work. And I put my hopes in my rescuer to prevent any further escalations. I had no time to wonder who the person was that had managed to make Changmin freeze in his actions for a few seconds, precious time for me to get away a little, as I got swapped up my feet and pressed against a firm body. I knew who it was. I'd felt the other over me minutes ago. Not fast enough. Damn.

What you're gonna do, huh?” I heard the exchange student ask. His tone was mocking and even though he didn't address someone in particular I was sure it wasn't me who was meant. That much my nerve cells still worked.

Changmin...” Now the stranger's voice was low, warning. I squirmed in the other's arms. The feel of nausea grew and I wanted to run. Escape this horrible afternoon. “Let him go. He clearly doesn't want your attention.”

Changmin snorted, his grip tightened. “Even the most resistant give in at one point,” he declared. His hot breath caressed my ear and made me shudder – in the worst way possible. The world started to spin and my stomach clenched uncomfortable. The sick feeling I had in the morning returned full force and made me unwanted dizzy. Clear your mind, I thought, but it was no use.

Giving in and are too different things. And the boy doesn't look convinced in a bit,” the immediate reply came. “Father won't be amused.”

I felt my captor stiffen and wondered if the almighty Shim Changmin was scared of his own father. His next words though shattered those musings. “He's too busy with his new business and ing that little Swedish to care about my behaviour.”

He may but I'm sure your leader isn't. And you know I won't hesitate to tell him if you dare to that kid. And she's Norwegian, by the way.”

I was shoved to the side as if the other had burnt himself. I stumbled a few steps and almost hit a table but a pale hand prevented the clash and instead I landed on top of another person's body. The human cushion groaned as the air was pressed out two lungs.

Sorry,” I apologised and got up to give the other needed space.

It's okay,” my saviour waved it off and leaned on his elbows. “You aren't hurt, are you?”

I shook my head and took the time to examine the very welcome interrupter. The first thing that came to my mind was celebrity. I mean, have you seen him? Ah, stupid question, of course not. It accumulated quite a lot... Anyway, that person definitely had to be in the entertainment industry. No one lives a normal life with a face like the one he owns. Though that theory lead to the question why he was in my school. This plain, in the middle of the countryside located school. Hidden camera maybe? Version 2.0. in which ordinary citizens got pranked by well-known people? And why does he know Changmin?

I gasped. Could it be... the transfer student aka the most horrible bastard living on earth belonged to the VIPs? Oh my god, my life couldn't get any worse. What if some bad lawyer with ten back up plans and uncountable money for some corruption manners appears and brings some nonsense charge against me? I would be doomed.

A loud bang behind made me jump. I turned around to see a furious Changmin staring at the newcomer, a fist against the lockers. “Why the are you here?” he growled. I gulped. Gosh, why was that jerk so scary suddenly? He wasn't the weeks he tried to get in my pants. Yes, I'm intelligent enough to realise it wouldn't have been just touching, thank you.

My saviour looked up and fleetly glanced toward me. “Do you mind leaving us alone for a moment?” he asked, a strange look in his eyes. Okay, now I was worried. And confused. You know this feeling when two people you don't know know each other and are sworn nemesis? That's what happened right here in this classroom. At least my brain cells concluded that and since I'm a smart boy I trust their judgement. Oh, and he had big eyes for a guy. Maybe a model for contact lenses?

Like I would stay for two billions,” I mumbled and rushed out. Though I chanced a last glance at the unknown guy who'd gotten up and dusted his pants off. He gestured to the door and I bet it was something related to me. The feeling to be stared at made me leave the floor in a hurry. Shall they solve whatever business they had. I've got enough for the day. A relaxing evening with pizza and my best friend sounded good.

I pulled my phone out my pocket and dialled Heechul's number. I needed distraction. Fast. “Chul? Yeah, got some free time? Great. Eight, my house? Bring some pizza. ...Yeah, you'll get the money back – cheapskate. What? No, I didn't say anything.. see ya later.”

Cheerfully I skipped outside. Pizza, Heechul and a lazy night. At least my day would end good. Couldn't complain. And no need to feel guilty. The guy who saved me seemed capable of defending himself. After all, Changmin backed off when he told him to do so. Yep, no need to bother. And tried to ignore the strange feeling I had when I saw t Changmin's look the moment he laid eyes on the newcomer: shock, anger, resentment.

Mixed together an explosive danger.

 

Meanwhile in the classroom the two men Kyuhyun left were nose to nose, the fighting aura between them heavy.

Just because father has a soft spot for you doesn't mean you can command me around, brother,” Changmin hissed, his grip around the other man's chin tightening. A bit longer and it would leave a bruise. “I tolerate your meddling just so far. I prefer if you leave my business alone.”

People aren't business,” Jaejoong replied calmly, not bothered in a bit by Changmin's violence. He was used to it. “They have feelings, Changmin-ah. And feelings can be a strong weapon if wished. You put yourself in danger if you keep this attitude up.”

The tall exchange student snorted. “Are you trying to tell me you care? The ruthless Kim Jaejoong cares for his little brother? How amusing. The train has left. I'm not the kid thirsty for your attention anymore.”

Jaejoong's face stayed stoic. “You don't need to remind me. You showed me that very clear by our last meeting.”

Changmin's provoking snarl turned into a cruel smile. His hand glided down his brother's neck and pulled down the collar to reveal red marks that would fade very slowly. He made sure of that. With almost tender care he touched the former bruised skin. “I indeed proved my point,” he mumbled. Jaejoong slapped his hand away, fury in his eyes. The first emotion he showed after their collision. Though, Changmin thought, it wasn't willingly. That little event was his sore spot, would always crack the perfect mask the older man had created. And it brought nothing but malicious joy to Changmin. Because this was something he had control over. It gave him way to control his father's favourite, not the other way around. If only just a little. It didn't matter. He didn't need more. It gave him enough satisfaction.

Don't go too far,” Jaejoong warned, his voice not giving away the emotional turmoil Changmin was sure he'd evoked. “At one point barking dogs turn quiet. Then you should be careful.” He left, leaving nothing behind than a frail scent of vanilla. Changmin hated vanilla. It carried a fake sweetness.

__________

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll probably edit it later on when I've got time. For now this has to do. Leave a comment on your thoughts <3. And thanks again for the subs, I appreciate them lots <3.