Meeting OfThe Divas.

My Life!

 

Meeting Of The Divas.

It's interesting how sudden the behaviour of people change the second they get a sniff of rumours running wild. As you may expected – or not – it was Jaejoong's doing. I didn't think anything much changed after the deal with Jiyoung. I found out he was indeed a fluffy puppy and pretty sweet in private. I may warn you though when it's work-related. The theory the music genius was schizophrenic solidified every moment I spent time with him. It was seldom; Jaejoong explained we should meet up the necessary amount so people wouldn't get suspicious wondering if it was all an act but not too much either cause it could spark envy and cause more harm than protection in the end. The more I thought about it the more I'd like to insist on calling Ace Academy a mental asylum. The people here were a little over-sensitive.

You should stop trying to find faults in the system,” a familiar deep voice said and seconds later I felt a warm body rest beside me. I didn't bother turning my head. There was only one person who'd come to the swimming bath in the evening. Beside, I was a little upset. The whole day had been hell. While I enjoyed the knowledge I won't be bothered by Satsuki-without-the-chan and her kind I realised being acquainted with G-Dragon meant to live a lonely life. People avoided me and there whispers followed me like a curse. I felt like an outcast. In my complaint you won't read the jerk's name here. To make it clear, I have no intention of mentioning that person if it's avoidable. Apart from that, he's male and therefore a little bit different-driven (yeah, I'm talking about his libido).Apropos, Park Yoochun, that prick, had bothered me every minute I got free time. I swear I was close on murdering that damn uncle of mine. Was he trying to make up for the eight years we haven't seen each other? If that was his reason I'm so gonna give him a hard time. Nobody ignores me for years and then act like everything's love, peace and harmony. No way, Choi Kyuhyun wasn't that easy.

That was why I was by the swimming pool, hiding from the erted nuisance and work off the accumulated stress. To me it came to no surprise Junho appeared later and swam with me in silent consent. When we both felt exhausted and scrambled out the pool to rest on the cool tiles I filled him in what was bothering me.

So your friend asked you to be a substitute or else the theatrical performance section is in trouble?” Junho asked and leaned back against the cold tiled wall so his hair fell into his eyes. As usual we met up at the swimming bath with the exception that Junho wasn't clad in swimming trunks. When I'd asked he mumbled something about a hurting shoulder and overly worried members. I let it slide. “Being helpful ain't that much of a big deal, is it?”

For a while only the sound of our legs dabbling in the water was heard. When the silence stretched on I decided to speak. “It's not like I don't wanna help him and Freaky Horse.”

Ah, Prince Charming 2.0?”

I nodded. In our first meetings Junho realised pretty soon I gave people random (not in my point of view) nicknames and easily detected who I referred to. He was overly amused about Ripped Monster and commented he looked forward to nicknames for his following members. Who was I to deny one's happiness, especially when it lied in my powers?

It's just... I don't sing.

Junho gave me a look while he drank from a battle of water. “Tell that someone who didn't hear you in the shower.”

I saw an opportunity to change the topic. “You know,” I said and splashed some water on the tiles. “I'm still wondering how you'd known it was me. It couldn't be that you set up cameras in the bathroom?”

Junho spluttered, looking indignant. “I'm not a stalker!” he exclaimed. Hm, still suspicious. ”Really?” I didn't let it go. It was fun to see him riled up. “I'm not a bad catch, you know.”

Junho scrunched up his face. “Sometimes you're way too self-confident,” he stated and shook his head. “By the way, you're not my type. I wouldn't bat an eyelash even if you were to dance in front of me.”

I grinned. “Should I try it then? Nothing goes over a good challenge.”

Don't embarrass yourself,” Junho answered coolly. I stuck out my tongue. “You're no fun.”

It is not for nothing that I people gave me the nickname 'Emperor',” my swimming partner revealed.

This time it was me to spit out water I intended to drink. The urge to laugh out loud was strong but Junho's expression stopped me from doing so. He looked embarrassed, hurt and at the same time proud. “You don't like it?” I asked carefully.

He shrugged. “I'm not sure. It sounds cool, strong. Gives the vibe of something majestic. On the other hand...” he hesitated. I nudged him in the side. “But what?”

It gives me the impression people don't know what to think of me. An emperor is untouchable, ain't he? He isn't close to people. When I first heard it I was like ah, that's how people see me. No fun, distant, not worth thinking over.'”

I hit him on his head. He let out a pained sound. “What was that for?”

For belittling yourself,” I said and crossed my arms. “Why do you only see the negative side? You're amazing, you've got talent and have the best eye smile I've ever seen.”

Junho's eyes turned red. “Do you wanna become a counsellor or what? You're cheesy,” he whined and hid his face in his arms. I clicked my tongue in disapproval. “You're own fault. Stop talking about your weaknesses, focus on your strengths instead. It's that attitude of yours your people – I guess fans – don't gush over you that much. Your insecurities transfer themselves on them.”

Were you a child star?”

Huh?”

You're advice,” Junho attempted to explain,”it reflects experience. An ordinary person couldn't understand someone who's in the spotlight. Even though I wouldn't really call us stars. We're just a performance group who's known here and there.”

I'm just your normal genius played and tricked by life,” I made clear. No need to mention I got that from Jaejoong. “I have no intentions of becoming an artist.”

Is that why you're reluctant to help out?”

I became quiet, thinking about it. True, standing on stage meant catching attention. I was certain there were a few people who were keen on finding talents to recruit. Standing on stage meant exposing myself to them. And there was nothing more I hated than revealing parts of myself I didn't want strangers to see. “Maybe. It's something I've never done before. Maybe I'm a little scared.”

Every new start is scary,” Junho said and leaned his head back against the wall. “And changing old habits is hard.” He closed his eyes. “Sometimes I really hate myself for my stupidity.”

You're starting again?” I growled and flicked his forehead. “I told you to stop.”

He snapped his eyes open. An angry spark flashed in them. “It's easier said than done!” he almost yelled. “I'm tired of hearing the same phrase over and over again. How I'm talented, that everything needs time, that I need a little bit patience. What do they know, huh? It's always the wrong people telling me those things. Is that supposed to make me feel better?” To my shock his eyes glistened. He wrapped his arms around his knees. “I don't wanna hear it anymore,” Junho confessed, voice barely a whisper. “Do you know what's funny? When I think I escaped those horrendous words my members continue where others left off. They mean well, hell, I know they do. But it hurts, more than anything. Cause they're my family. Them saying those words means I cause them pain. And I don't wanna hurt them. I hurt them by being the weak me, yet I can't find the strength to turn myself around. Someone told me to just leave if I'm like that. I was on the brink on just doing that. But when I made my mind up Taecyeon told me those damn cheesy words like I'm his joy on hard days. And then one after another the rest of my members told me similar words. It was their truth. So what am I supposed to do? I'm selfish. I can't leave cause it'll hurt them and I'm scared what'll happen if they're not there with me, but I give them grief by staying as well.”

I didn't voice out that his voice had broken somewhere in his rant or that wet dots that weren't cause by water dripped from his face. I didn't voice out his desperation, wasn't it tangible. Instead, I stretched out my arms and hugged him tight. Though I didn't have self-esteem issues in general I could comprehend where he was coming from. Wasn't I the same when it came to relationships? Always hiding, cornered. Too scared to do something. “I'm sorry,” I whispered. ”I'm here. You can cry in front of me.” Cause I knew he couldn't in his team. Cause he didn't want to worry them more than necessary. We were more similar than I expected. Junho's body shook and I felt wetness on my chest. “We two surely are stupid,” I mumbled and tightened my grip. Junho's quiet tears attested to my statement. “We'll work it out. Somehow.” I leaned my face on his shoulder as he cried. His sadness caught me as well and a lump formed in my throat. I clenched my eyes shut. No, I needed to give comfort, not receive it. So I just listened to the raw sobs and let myself be lulled to sleep by them.

I groaned when a bright light hid my sensitive eyes. I looked up and saw a tall figure hovering over us. I shook Junho but he grunted only and continued to sleep. Note: recently my lap turned into a pillow. What was with people sleeping on me? Ryeowook had used me as his substitute bed last night as well. He had one of his nightmares he still wasn't telling me about. It was frustrating.

“He won't wake up in a while,” the newcomer stated, amusement swinging in his voice. I squinted my eyes in an attempt to identify our saviour. Tall and well-built. Wow, that limited the possibilities really well. “Uhm...” I cleared my throat, “ who...?”

Taecyeon. Junho's group mate.” Ah, right, the tea accident. Oh wait, that was Chansung. Well, Taecyeon certainly had a similar built as Ripped Monster, so he'd be Hulk I guess. Yep, that sounded good. I watched him knee beside Junho. He frowned. “He cried?”

I blinked in surprise. How did he know? Was it that obvious? My eyes trailed over Junho's face. There wasn't any tear tracks. Taecyeon shrugged his shoulders. “He curls in a ball when he cried.” Okay, the soft look didn't match with his prominent facial features. Imagine Hulk gazing tenderly at you; oh the shivers. “How long were you locked in here?”

“Dunno. A few hours, I guess.”

Taecyeon hummed in response and handed me the battery torch. “I carry him, you lead the way.”

I nodded and got up. My knees buckled after sitting for so long. I put a hand on the wall to steady myself. Now I was envious of Junho. He's being carried while I had to suffer. Damn, why couldn't I sleep so deep? My gaze wandered over the two. I got the feeling there was something more than group mates between them. Who for 's sake knows one's sleeping habit when one cried? I had no clue how my sister slept and I spent more than half my life with her. And I couldn't even describe Heechul's habits. And he slept over more than I could count.

Man, I felt like I was caught up in a house full of lovebirds with a major low esteem mindset aka my-crush's-ain't-interested-in-me-cause-I'm-too-blind-to-see-how-amazing-I'm-myself. Maybe I should really start as a couple counsellor. ...Then again I think I might go crazy with other people's stupidity. I rather not. My sanity I hold dear.

“Why did he cry?” the guy behind me asked. I looked at him briefly, noting the frown on his face. Was it engraved or what?

“It's not my place to tell,” I replied. It was true. I was sure Junho wouldn't appreciate if I spilled his insecurities to someone else, be it one of his teammates. Taecyeon sighed. “I can guess. You don't need to say anything, okay?”

I didn't vocalise my consent. My eyes were focussed on the path in front of us. Even with the torch the darkness made it hard to see where we were going. Why was the pool so far off from the dorm? And behind a forest nonetheless. Damn those who drew the room layout. Behind me I heard Taecyeon curse subdued. “Got hit by a branch?” I questioned with light amusement and dodged a potential pain source. The other grunted. “Why the did the two of you have to come to the pool at night?”

I chuckled. “It's calm. During the day you get disturbed. In the late evening none comes there. We don't only swim.”

“You don't?” There was a strange undertone in the older man's voice. Suspicion? Jealousy? Worry? I couldn't really detect it. Whatever it was I wasn't keen on pushing. I stood no chance against the other. I was fit, yes, and had some muscle but compared to Taecyeon I looked like a whimp. … wow, can't believe I insulted myself right now. Junho's negativity must affected me also.

“We talk. About everything under the sun. It's relaxing to share one's thoughts with someone else.”

“Junho never mentioned a thing about it,” Taecyeon said sulkily. “Whenever we ask he says he's gonna swim. We never question it. He loves the water.” Ah, someone was fond of the sleeping sunshine.

“It's not like we're close,” I replied and cursed loudly when a tree branch scratched my cheek. I heard Taecyeon snicker behind me. “Karma bites your .”

“Oh, shut up,” I grumbled and moved forward. “We meet randomly, on coincidence. We haven't even exchanged numbers. It's not important. The pool is our sanctuary. Sometimes we don't see each other for days or weeks. So no need to worry.”

A hiss sounded behind me. Must've been attacked by another tree. “How far?”

I squinted my eyes. “Almost there. Hundred metres at max.”

I heard Taecyeon sigh in relief. Well, carrying another person must be hard, even for a muscleman like him. It didn't took long and we were out of the small forests. The path leading to the dorms shone brightly in different colours. I faintly recalled Ryeowook telling me the blue one lead to our. “Anyway, why should I worry?” Taecyeon pressed.

“That he talks with me about his problems and not you.”

There was sudden silence. I walked another few steps till I realised what I had said and why it was suddenly quiet. Crap. Inwardly hitting myself I turned and illuminated the two. Junho was still sleeping, cradled in the bigger man's arms and wore no sign of tree attacks. Said guy was covered with scratches but he didn't seem to notice them. His face was contorted in a mix of anger and disappointment as he looked down at his teammate. “Still only seeing insecurities?” he muttered quietly and I wasn't sure to whom the words were directed. Oh, well. Now it was out in the open. Can't turn back time. Might as well clear things up. Just when I opened my mouth Taecyeon hold a hand up.”Don't say anything. I know exactly what's bothering him. I just thought we had worked things out.” He sighed. “Seems our team needs another bonding session.” He sent me a grim look. “Thanks for being a friend for him.” The gratefulness made me uncomfortable. “It's not like I did anything”, I denied, remembering my loss of words when Junho asked for help. Taecyeon shook his head. “You did. Knowing Junho sooner or later he'd shut himself off and then it would've been harder to reach him. Thanks.”

I just nodded, embarrassment filling my cheeks. Never before was I grateful for the darkness surrounding us. Taecyeon took in a breath of air. “Well, it's goodbye now, I guess. We need to take that path.” He gestured to the green line. Yep, parting time. I started following the blue lights when something came to my mind. I stopped and turned to the retreating persons.

“Hey!” I called after them when he was already a good distance away. Taecyeon turned around. “Make sure the first thing I hear when Junho and I meet up again is 'I got more confident'.”

Taecyeon grinned. He reminded me of a cat. “Don't worry. We'll make sure Junho sees his own worth.”

With that we really parted for the night. Still, in my chest was an ache that couldn't be comforted. Would it really work if their team had a counselling session? I remember Junho's and my conversation. He didn't give the impression it helped the burden he felt, more like it intensified. I cursed. “What do I trouble? I don't understand a team's dynamic. They'll work it out. And if not I'm gonna be pushy till Small Eyes understands what I see.”

If anyone was outside and found it weird I was talking to myself I didn't give a damn. Soliloquies weren't dangerous if held in moderation. And with that advice I'll shall go to sleep. My looks didn't come from unnecessary staying up late.

 

֎֍֎

 

I'm sorry I gave you a hard time.”

Something nudged my elbow. I whirled around in shock at being addressed so suddenly. The result was the books I hold in my arms falling to the ground with gracious slow motion. Sadly, slow motion was still too fast for me to safe them from the hard impact they must've felt the second they reached the ground. “My poor babies!” I exclaimed and crouched down to inspect them. Hopefully none of them received permanent damage. I couldn't bear the thought of being the culprit who hurt the containers of century old knowledge.

A hand I was sure wasn't mine appeared in my field of vision. How I knew? First, as bitter as it was I didn't own beautiful long fingers like that I was sure would make any piano happy. It didn't mean mine were short and chubby just not that beautiful compared to that hand. Second, when I already have two hands, why should I have another one? Except, it slipped my mind there had been a failed gen transmission while I grew in my mother's belly. While it was possible but in my case utterly ridiculous the conclusion was obvious someone else kneed beside me, right? Hasn't there been someone addressing me? Like on cue the stranger apologized for surprising me. “I didn't know you were a little scared cat.”

Excuse me? Me and scared. Pff, please. I can watch horror films without a flinch. If that ain't bravery I don't know what is. I lifted my head to reprimand the stranger for his wrong and very rude assumption but the words stayed stuck in my throat. Okay, I didn't expect this person to appear. “You!” I shouted and earned myself a few displeased 'hushs' from the other habitants. I grimaced at them. Tsk, don't act like you're studying. I turned back to the guy who calmly placed one book on the other. At least he knew how to take care of them nicely. “Go away,” I ordered in a more down-toned voice. The other frowned. “Why?”

I gave him my best are-you-kidding-glare. “Why?” I repeated heatedly. “I tell you why. Your fangirls were nearly killing me last time. While I find it nice you apologize for their ridiculousness it doesn't change the fact that I don't – I repeat – do not wanna experience the hounding of my gracious self ever again. Do you understand?”

Aren't you a little too arrogant?”

I clicked my tongue. “Not arrogant, just a healthy amount of self-worth.”

My words received an amused chuckle. “It seems you always need to have the last word.”

True,” I agreed. “And therefore, please leave. I can already feel the stares of crazy girls on me and smell their intention of tearing me into pieces.”

Ain't that a little over-dramatic?” the not-so-much-stranger asked. I was short on pulling out my hair. Why does he have to question every statement leavding my mouth? They were supposed to make him leave and not stay. ”And do you always annoy people with your critic?” I shot back in order to make him shut up.

Usual it's met with goodwill.”

I groaned. “Forget it. It seems we talk at cross purposes. I accept your apology. Now you can go. That's what you came for, right?”

The stubborn mule – he got a new nickname, celebrate – put the last book on the tower and handed them to me. “That's true. And to check if you're alright.”

I raised an eyebrow. “I recall you calling me over-dramatic regarding your fanclub moments ago.”

He bit his lower lip. Somehow he reminded me of a child reprimanded by its parents. Was that really the charismatic leader of the top group in this academy? Or was that just a farce? I really couldn't detect “It doesn't change the fact that they over-reacted that day. So, you're alright? You could escape?”

Thanks to a friend, yeah. Else I'd be dead now,” I answered and reached for the books. “I don't know much about popularity and fans and how it all works but I do know that fans reflect their star. So does it mean you get jealous easily, too, Jung Yunho?”

Considering you know my name but I don't know yours don't you consider it rude asking me personal questions like that?”the Golden Boy questioned and stole my books and placed them on the wagon where they'd be transported to the archive. “Does that mean you haven't learnt any manners?”

Indignant about that footless accusation my eyes widened and I was ready to open my mouth when we were interrupted by fast foot steps and a slim figure almost bumping into me in an attempt to stop right in front of Yunho. “Hyung,” the newcomer gasped between heavy intakes of air. Seriously, hasn't he learnt it wasn't allowed to be loud in a library? And when he was gonna tell someone something important preparation is the A and O. “Bad news. Junsu and Jihun got in an accident and are on their way to the hospital.”

I've never seen a person react so fast. Seconds before he stood an arm reach away and during the blink of an eye I saw the running figure of Jung Yunho leaving the holy place of knowledge with curious gazes following him.

Accident, huh,” I mumbled and pushed the wagon to the back in a storeroom where someone else would take of the rest. “Sounds pretty bad.”

Deep in thoughts I left my part-time workplace, ignoring the stinky eye the person on the front desk gave me. Her own fault for volunteering during a wonderful day like this. Apropos, should I go outside to take in some rays of sun? They were rare these days and I needed something to warm my skin. Now I missed Heechul. He'd had hugged me already and told me one of his ridiculous the-sister-of-a-cousin-from-a-middle-school-classmate's-best-friend-who-he-was-ancquainted-with- blind date stories. Who comes up with those relations? Snickering to myself I bumped into someone on my way out. Having a strange deja-vu I half-expected Junho standing there with a wet shirt soaked with hot tea. That would be funny as hell – for me.

Only, there was another newcomer.

An unexpected newcomer.

Heechul?!” I shrieked more than I exclaimed and stared in disbelief at the person in front of me.

Kim Kyu~” my best friend singsonged and stretched out his arms. “My most favourite person on earth, what are you doing here?”

What? Did I hear right? Suddenly a wave of anger hit me. “That's what I should ask you,” I replied in a pressed voice and avoided his tries to hug me. Now I didn't want his hug anymore. I was annoyed. How dare did he hide the fact he was coming here? He should've said something so I'd been able to greet him properly and not be thrown to the wolves like this! In our conversation days ago he didn't mention anything at all. And this definitely wasn't a stunt of more than a couple of days. Especially when he said he needed to collect money to buy a ticket. Heechul got no source I was aware off that hold that much money.

My best friend didn't notice my inner turmoil. He still had that uncomfortable wide smile on his face and mischievous glint in his eyes. Though it turned into iness after he comprehended my sentence. “Me?” he questioned and flipped his hair. “The director decided it'd be a waste if my talent as a MC isn't polished so he sent me here. Ain't that awesome. Now we're together again!”

I blinked, totally taken aback. My brain had shut off, simply astonished by the fact my best friend who was supposed to be in Korea and couldn't afford a ticket to Germany stood right in front of me, very much alive in all his glory and currently scrutinising me. “Yah, Kim Kyu, you listen to me?”he questioned and flicked me against the forehead. That brought me back out of my haze. “M-MC?” I stuttered. I'm sorry, but to more I wasn't capable.

Heechul let out the longest sigh I ever heard him emit. “Seriously, does this academy fry your brain or what? MC, Master of Ceremonies, the lead in talk shows. Whatever you wanna call it.” This time he managed to catch me in a bone crushing hug. “Fits me like a second skin, dontcha think?”

Whatever,” I grumbled and escaped his hold. Heechul rolled his eyes. “Salty today, aren't we?” he commented. The lightness that moments before accompanied his voice had vanished. “I expected you to be more happy about my arrival. Seems I'm not important anymore.”

I never said that,” I protested. “Don't try to make me feel guilty. You should've mentioned you were coming. You know I like to be prepared. It makes me feel like I'm not important.”

Immediately Heechul's expression softened. “Stupid boy,” he said and ruffled my hair. “You know you're my most important person on earth. Nothing will ever change that.”

Hug, now,” I ordered and stretched out my arms. Heechul shook his head. “Bossy as always.” Nevertheless he did as I wished and gave me the second bone crushing hug today. “I've missed you.”

I've missed you, too, you fool.”

 

֎֍֎

 

As I found out later on Heechul had threatened our old school director to reveal touchy secrets I had no clue my best friend hold against that idiot if he didn't arrange a scholarship for my loveliest diva at Ace Academy. How that worked he didn't want to tell; something about “business secret”. Oh, whatever. I wasn't interested much anyway. The past wasn't important, the present counted. My days surely brightened up with Heechul's presence. I felt like I got a part of my old life back, the wonderful part in the misery I've been thrown in by that jerk. Speaking of him, he'd been so kind as to leave me alone for a while now. Must be Jiyong's influence. Jaejoong didn't joke when he titled him one of the “Golden Boys”. One could really feel low beside them – if the self-esteem was non-existent. In my case... I belonged to the lucky people who appreciated themselves. Love yourself before you turn to others. As you may guessed it was one of Heechul's phrases I grew up with. Yeah, you could say my best friend shaped a part of my personality. Well, he's been by my side since young. It'd be strange if I hadn't been characterized in any sort. Ryeowook, who'd become acquainted with Heechul not long after his arrival commented on our good night talk my short temper definitely came from Heechul.

My room mate and friend truly was sharp.

Heechul on the other hand wasn't interested in displaying his wit, instead he was on the search of qualified people. With qualified people he meant those who fit his criteria. You know, the ones I mentioned way back when I introduced you to my life. Therefore it wasn't surprising we ran around the academy on my free day – note: my free day – just to be disappointed again and again (in Heechul's case) and for my annoyance to grow and grow. I had the whole day planned out. I lagged behind in my studies and had intended to catch up today. Sadly, I didn't calculate my convincing best friend in and ended up as his scout. He even asked me who was who – how the hell was I supposed to know every single attendees' name? I had no time to bother with it. And of course it didn't take long for Heechul to ask again.

Who's that?” he exclaimed and pointed in the direction of a slim figure talking to a middle aged man I recognized as my dance instructor N. I still wonder why he chose a letter. It sounded... childish. Well, must be a thing creative persons liked.

Which one?” I asked. Heechul was so horrible unspecific at times.

I literally heard the usually in his head occurring complaints assaulting my ears. “The guy, Kim Kyu,” Heechul said exasperatedly. “The raven haired one. Are you blind or what.” Just in that moment Heechul's person of interest turned and walked in our direction. My mood lifted. Seemed I finally found the one to let all of my best friend's categories explode. I waved at the newcomer and greeted him cheerfully when he entered hearing range. “Hey, I want you to meet someone,” I announced. The raven haired raised an eyebrow. I grinned. “Heechul, meet Kim Jaejoong, one of my friends here. Jaejoong, meet Kim Heechul, my best friend.”

Heechul and Jaejoong looked at each other. Okay, that's a lie. They seized each other up. I could hear the air crackling between them. No wonder none reached out their hand. I expected one of them to say something but they stayed stubbornly silent. After five minutes I got worried. What was the big deal? Did they plan murder?

Kim Heechul, huh?” Finally.

Jaejoong decided to break the ice. “I heard a lot about you from Kyuhyun.” What was with the emphasis? And what did he mean with 'a lot'? I mentioned Heechul a couple of times, but that was it. Okay, maybe (watch the word), maybe his name fell a little bit more than a couple of times. I mean, come on, it was Heechul! When you're friends with him there's not a day an episode doesn't happen.

Really?” Heechul replied, tone clipped. Oh oh, that meant nothing good. The moment he wasn't talkative any more hell awaited. “Well, it's a must considering we're best friends. Or maybe cause you people here are too boring to entertain him.”

What the hell? I stared at him in shock. Despite his strong character and sharp tongue Heechul was polite to strangers. His sudden aggressiveness and impoliteness threw me off-guard. And made me embarrassed. I mean, Jaejoong was a friend. How does it look if one of the closest persons to me behaves like a rude child? I didn't agree with this.

Jaejoong pursed his lips, totally unfazed. “Really?” he mimicked my best friend. “Sure you don't live in a delusional world?”

Okay, somehow this got out of hand. But before I could step between then Heechul flipped the raven off. “Then you don't mind me ignoring you, do you? Since I'm delusional.” And indeed he turned to me, all smiles, back to Jaejoong. I thought this was it. Oh boy, how I was wrong. I've forgotten how vicious Heechul could be. He proved it with his next words. ”He looks like he has DBST.”

I blinked. “What?”

Dead Body Skin Tone. Kyuhyun, haven't you been educated by internet slang?”

Jaejoong clenched his teeth. A menacing glint appeared in his eyes. “Be careful, newbie,” he growled. A shudder ran down my spine. That was the first time I heard his voice drop so low. He could get scary, too. “There are people who are a little sensitive. Watch out or you're fake curled hair looses all volume.”

Heechul gaped at the other's retreating figure. I sighed. Of course, Heechul had to insult Jaejoong and it backfired. It happened before when another guy let his criteria explode. “Why don't you just admit his looks impressed you?”

My friend sent me a dirty glare.”I do not find that sore sight for my eyes handsome in any sort.”

I rolled my eyes at his impossible behaviour. “If you say so. But I blame you if I hear any complaints – from both of you.”

Heechul was too caviar to the general to answer. Instead he hold his head high and marched in the direction of the arts department. Oh my, what storm did I provoke...?

 

 

_____________

I'm sorry for the long wait. I didn't plan to prolong the update for weeks. It just turned out like this, somehow. I hope the chapter makes up a bit for the wait. Soon, things start to get rollin'~