Pace.

My Life!

Pace.

I need to talk to you.”

Yunho froze. The conversation he had with some friends from his dance classes as well as with two of the official members of his group died out immediately. Their eyes turned to the tall yet smaller than him male with the cold and distant aura Yunho knew belied the other's true character. He told himself to get a hang on it and focussed his attention on the newcomer. “Yes?”

Alone.”

The soft spoken word sent all kinds of shivers down his spine. From pleasant anticipation to sheer agitation. Yunho glanced around the hall to see many if not all attendants look in their direction; unashamed openly or bashful out of the corners of their eyes. Great. That wasn't what he needed and he cursed Jaejoong for coming up at him in public. Couldn't he hold him off in some corner or a less crowded place? Why the hall? Or was that intentional? To make sure he couldn't run away?

Can it wait? I'm kinda busy.”

No, it can't.” The brisk tone had any other person catch a tartar already but Jaejoong was, well, Jaejoong. Different in any imaginable way. And nobody need to know about their issues. He liked to let private things stay private. With a sigh he excused himself from the others who sent the raven haired boy wry looks before turning back to their conversation. Yunho led them to a more secluded area around the main building at this time of the day. He made sure no one was close by and pushed Jaejoong in an abandoned class room. That got him a raised eyebrow and a snort, else the other male left the action uncommented. Thankfully.

Judged by the paintings glued on the walls and a lack of tables and chairs this room belonged to the arts department. At a last measure Yunho locked the door and then turned around to come face-to-face with the pea under his mattress. The pea that bestowed some restless sleep and guilt-tripped dreams upon him every now and then.

I want you to place Kyuhyun in your group,” Jaejoong said directly, eyes fierce. At least he didn't beat around the bush, Yunho thought humorously. It took him a few seconds to process the words though. “What?” he finally choked. “You're kidding, aren't you?”

Do I look like I'm kidding?” Jaejoong answered and Yunho thought no, he didn't. Rather the opposite with his arms crossed and that stubborn glint in his eyes he knew too well. “Kidding or not, you walk on me just to tell me to take in some random kid I don't know?”

He isn't some random kid!” came the heated reply followed by a jaw tightening. The judging look made the taller loose his cool. “He can be the president's son for all I care!” Yunho snapped. The raven was the only one capable to rile him up in a short time span. “You know the procedure, Jaejoong. He catches my attention and I offer him a place. I don't remember your Kyuhyun doing so.” The last sentence was on purpose, to get back at the other. And it worked if the way anger flared in those dark eyes was anything to go by. “He isn't my Kyuhyun! Can you stop being so childish? All he needs is a safe place!” Jaejoong threw his arms in the air. ”Why can't you give him that safety, you mule?”

Yunho pinched the bridge of his nose. Why was he leading this conversation again? “I'm not a Samaritan. And the group isn't some charity project. I won't take someone in who has no talent.”

If you'd watched the musical you'd know he's talented,” Jaejoong shot back, looking close to exploding. But all of a sudden he deflated. “Yunho, I'm begging you. I can't keep Kyuhyun safe from Changmin all the time. You're the only one who's able to hold him on bay, keep him on check. Please.” There was real desperation in his voice and Yunho wondered why the other went so far for a boy who had been living here for only a few months at most. What made that newcomer so special? To his own chagrin he felt the yellow monster's head rise. He was past that stage, wasn't he?

You're his brother.”

Jaejoong's shoulders slumped forward. “You know very well I've lost my power over him a long time ago,” he said reluctant, eyes dull. The fierceness had vanished. ”You're his only chance. Just this time, please. For old times' sake.”

Yunho sighed. He would regret it, he was sure of that. But a begging Jaejoong was something he couldn't resist, no matter how hard he tried. And he wasn't keen on being confronted with the rest of his weakness the person in front of him knew very well. Better than the back of his hand. But the last phrase strengthened his resolve. For old time's sake. He snorted. ”You almost had me there,” he confessed and gave his opponent an appreciative nod. “But I won't be fooled that easily. My answer is no. Look for another idiot to play babysitter for your brat. I'm out.”

Unexpectedly there was silence. No uproar or protest, no more begging or pleading. Only a sigh. A very long sigh. As if the smaller male carried the weight of the whole world on his shoulders. “Fine, you leave me no other choice. Have a nice day.”

And that he had. Or so Yunho thought.

Hey, Yunho!” one of his friends called when he stepped in the cafeteria and scanned the tables for someone he knew. The moment they locked eyes Yunho's gut told him there was something wrong. Very wrong. Jay was never one to hide his feelings and there was a ridiculous wide Cheshire grin plastered on his face. As the leader of a bunch of pranksters (Jason and Junsu) and making fun of others (Changmin) Yunho figured out fast that the current source of Jay's amusement must be him. Question was, why?

What's up,” he replied when he approached, purposefully nonchalantly, and plopped opposite of Jay. Said boy was easy to read when it came to these kind of things. He could only bear so long to stay silent about the topic that made him cackle. “So,” Jay drawled, leaning over the table and shoving his head in the Yunho's face. “You never told us you're that funny when you ain't conscious of yourself.”

Yunho cocked his head to the side, of course after he planted a hand on Jay's disturbingly close face and pushing him back. “What do you mean?” he inquired, worry and curiosity mixed together.

Let's say your... cute sleeping habits,” Jay taunted and Yunho felt his stomach drop. Oh, please no. only his family knew about his condition. He had made sure no one else got wind off this embarrassing side. It'd be the aim of too many jokes. He cleared his throats and gestured for the Cheshire to hand the stack of photos over. All to willingly the other obliged and watched him with anticipation, every cell of his body b with excitement. Schooling his expression in its usual calmness he turned the pictures around and froze. Photographs over photographs of him sleeping in various position, some looking so uncomfortable Yunho wondered how he managed to sleep at all. But that wasn't the problem. No, he had no problem with people seeing him on a bench, in a park, in a plane or wherever he decided it was nice to sleep. No, the problem was his face, or rather a lack of keeping it. Mouth fallen wide open and eyes half-open, he looked disturbingly like a dead body.

Some skills you have there,” Kangin remarked, smirk evident in his voice and face. Yunho stared him down till the other retreated, mumbling something about “taking a chill-pill”.

Where did you get those?” he asked and forced himself to blend out any disturbance in his tone. Show no weakness.

Jay shrugged. “I found them in my locker after my martial arts practice. I must say I wasn't expecting this at all. Now I see you in a whole different light.” And he returned to his Cheshire persona. Yunho clenched his teeth. Damn, whoever shot and revealed those photos. “Have you shown them anyone else?” he inquired, a little anxious about the answer his dear friend would give him. Jay waved it off. “Nah, only our circle. Though I can spread them if you wish,” he teased. “Some PR for your upcoming dance competition. You were overshadowed by the theatrical performance section at the festival, weren't you?”

Shut it,” Jason cut in who had stayed silent at the corner. Jay turned to him and switched to English. While Yunho was capable of understanding the content of their not so friendly conversation he preferred to tune them out. Jay's last comment didn't sit well with him. It was the truth, no use denying it. The whole team was shocked to find themselves not in the top two ranks. While they weren't that bothered about getting first place – other departments deserved some praise as well – it irked them to find another arts department section taking place two. Yunho hadn't watched the performance, simply because there was no time but Changmin complained about Siwon being an and that the musical wasn't that good. “The only thing worth mentioning is my puppy in a costume. I would've liked to him on stage if it weren't for the damn clash.” Yunho skilfully overheard the second sentence. He reprimanded the younger often enough and had been in no mood that day. He was aware of Changmin's tendency to play around and take whoever he decided was worth his time. While he didn't appreciate that behaviour he wasn't exactly in a position to lecture him. His past wasn't all rainbows and unicorns as well. Not to mention a certain someone had ghosted in his head over the past few days and refused to leave, especially after the conversation they had.

Say,” Junsu piqued up after slurping down his noodles. “What did Jaejoong hyung want from you?” Immediately, the whole table fell silent. It was an unwritten rule not to mention the raven haired in Yunho's presence. Expectant and dreadful faces turned to Yunho who felt cornered by Junsu's piercing gaze. The other was the only one who challenged Yunho in everything that existed and wasn't afraid to voice his opinion. Unity's leader appreciated it a lot, just not today.

Nothing,” he replied and busied himself with a bowl of a western style soup in an attempt to shut Junsu up. Sadly, said man was stubborn when he wanted to know something. “Nothing?” he repeated and pushed the bowl out of Yunho's reach. “You can fool many but not me, hyung.” He searched for the agitated male's gaze and hold it. “We both know Jaejoong doesn't do half-assed things so you better speak up. I grow tired of pretending to hate him and act like I don't know him. So I will mention his name as often as I like till you tell me.”

Yunho narrowed his eyes. “Is that a threat?” he inquired, fist balled under the table. He couldn't believe Junsu would charge recklessly at him with the others around. Said bunch looked slightly taken aback. Yunho wasn't surprised. They never experience an out of character Junsu. For them he was the typical bubbly person who isn't downed by anything.

Oh, please, you know better,” Junsu answered and grabbed the bottle of water Yunho thought about guzzling down. Damn, his team member knew him too well. “Those photos? I doubt you're clueless who revealed them. And placed them in Jay's locker. There's one person in this school who'd seen you this privately and around who you let your guard down. So, why is Jaejoong hyung upset?”

Yunho cursed Junsu for his unneeded perception. He may play dumb most of the time but behind that head of his lied an intelligent man. It looked like him to figure out the culprit behind Yunho's embarrassment. Not that Yunho didn't have a feeling. Jaejoong's last words were indicator enough.

Wait, you're telling me he was the one who did that?” Jay confirmed and whistled. “That guy got some guts after everything.”

Eat your porridge,” Yunho ordered. He didn't wish to hear his friend badmouth the raven haired. Things were bad enough as they were.

Porridge won't solve anything,” Junsu remarked and finally handed him the much needed water bottle. “Just solve whatever problem you two have again. You really don't wanna Changmin hear about this, do you?”

Yunho swallowed. “I hate it when you're right.”

Junsu grinned. “That's my job, leader-sshi.”

 

֎֍֎

 

Anxious I stepped into the bureau of my guidance counsellor. 'My' being relative if the fact that person was appointed to more than one person is considered. To be honest, I had no clue there existed one. Add the fact I wasn't sure why I was called here. Did I do something bad? I couldn't come up with something right on the spot that could leave a negative impression. At least it didn't seem unusual to be called out of class to attend an appointment with said counsellor. With the academy being a mental asylum it never crossed my mind there was something normal like a counsellor. That belief got shaken up again when I was invited in after I politely knocked at the thick wooden door and caught sight of the elder man sitting on a comfortably looking sofa. It might had months past since my arrival here and I might have met more people than I could count but never would I forget the person who brought me here. “Mr. Oh?!” I exclaimed flabbergasted. The elder smiled warmly. “Nice to see you again, Choi Kyuhyun,” he greeted and gestured to the armchair opposite from him. Mutely I followed his prompt. The second my hit the cushions though words tumbled out of my mouth. “What are you doing here? I mean, are you my counsellor?” Cause as much as I remember Jaejoong told me Mr. Oh belonged to those who recruited talents around the world and he was assigned to the Asian continent.

“You seem surprised,” Mr. Oh commented, a light twinkle brightening up his eyes. “How come?”

I squirmed. I was clearly the reason for the other's amusement and I wasn't keen on being teased. “Well, aren't you a crimper of some sort and travel around Asia?”

Mr. Oh raised an eyebrow. “I heard through the grapevines you titled Ace Academy as a mental hospital. Now it's a military camp? You have a fertile imagination, Kyuhyun.”

My cheeks heated up. I was definitely humiliated. Maybe Mr. Oh wasn't as nice as he acted. Said man continued, “Not that I don't agree with you” which caused a quirk of eyebrows on my side. Was that a trap? To lure me in safety and then attack? Was Mr. Oh trying to find out my thoughts on this mental hospital so he could report it to the headmaster later on. Was he instructed to keep tabs on me?

“Kyuhyun,” Mr. Oh drew my attention and shattered my assumptions with his next words. “I heard about your engagement with orphans. Down town is a little orphanage and I wondered if you had time to help out?”

That definitely was surprising. I told no one about my social engagement. Suspicion grew. Was this the trap? Was the orphanage the cheese to get the mouse out its hole? Don't mind the comparison. Mice were smart so it's only natural to use them as a metaphor. “Where's the catch?” I asked carefully. Mr. Oh chuckled. “There's none. Except you see those little monsters who need some life experience being a threat to your mental abilities.”

I narrowed my eyes. Was that a jib to my intelligence? If it was I wouldn't stay quiet. I didn't allow any negative remarks when it came to my brain. And no, Heechul ain't right with the fact that I'm sensitive if someone calls me stupid. It just happened that I have a healthy amount of self-defence, thank you. “But what I've heard about your time in the orphanage in your home town you've got a knack for kids. So I'm not worried you won't do well. And you came with high recommendations.”

Now that was creepy. Did some file about me exist I had no clue about? “I'm slightly confused and much weirded out,” I confessed. “Why do you know so much? I've never mentioned anywhere what I did. And the only people who do are the kids and Mrs. Oh. But she wouldn't blabber.”

Mr. Oh grinned. “Then you don't know my wife very well. She loves to talk about you. So much that one day I grew curious about you and decided to examine you myself.”

I blinked, one time, two times, three times. And then proceed to speak. It was a complete fail cause no non-sense sentence stumbled out. Mr. Oh was kind enough to give me some time to transcript his words and create a reply to them. “Wife?” I finally managed to spit out. “Mrs. Oh is your wife?”

The world is small, ain't it?”

Wow,” I breathed out, totally thrown off-guard. “Wow.”

Mr. Oh handed me an envelope. Curiously I opened it and brought a picture to light. “I'm very thankful you helped my wife with managing the orphanage,” the elder said. He gestured to the photograph in my hands. “She requested for me to give you this by the time I see you again. As a reminder that there are people who haven't forgotten you and that you have another family who'll wait for you.”

I felt my eyes become wet at the sweet gift. There in the photo stood Mrs. Oh with her orphans in front of the orphanage, the kids grinning from ear to ear. My cheeky little devils hold a placate with messy handwriting I recognised as Yu's.

We love you, Ryukyu.

There were some strange doodles I was sure came from Lu. That boy got some talent in drawing. My heart swelled at their blinding smiles and ached at the realisation that a long time would pass till I'd be able to see them again. Maybe then they'd be all grown up.

Thank you,” I whispered and clutch the precious treasure close to my chest. Mr. Oh nodded. “You're welcome. And regarding the offer, how about you think about it and notify me when you decided?”

I agreed to his suggestion. With that our meeting ended and I was dismissed. I was almost out the door when Mr. Oh called me back. He looked softly at me. “If you ever have the need, you can come to me, okay? And if you wish I'll keep you update about your cheeky little devils.” He winked playfully and I cracked a smile. “Your wife really is a blabbermouth,” I said fondly and left, happy with the new arrangement. I couldn't believe Mr. Oh went to that length to make me feel better. One day I'd definitely pay him back. That's the least I could do. And Mrs. Oh as well.

My happiness didn't last long. When did it though? I was back in my room, Ryeowook out for some classes. I remembered him stressing about a new recipe he wasn't confident about and feared would be made fun of. Seriously, I've tried his dishes and they were good. Didn't know what his problem was. Well, my room mate lived by the saying good isn't enough. Speak about making your life harder than it is already.

A knock on the door warned me a second before a thunderstorm in form of my best friend entered my sacred space. I stared wide-eyed at Heechul. My cognitive skills were on full alert when I took in his appearance. “What the happened to your face?” I screeched.

He shrugged. “Had a little fight,” he replied and carefully felt his lip. At the pain I was sure he must felt Heechul grimaced. “Damn, that ,” he muttered. I shook my head and automatically reached in my closet for a fresh cloth. Only white ones. Damn, soon one will be pink. I've wasted too many white cloths over the years. “Who on earth would start a fight with you anyway?” I wondered while I hold the white lint-free cloth under hot water. “No wait, why the hell did you let it go so far?”

He pissed me off,” Heechul explained and plopped on my bed. Wow, that explained a lot, not. I raised an eyebrow. My best friend wouldn't be my best friend if he didn't understand my mimic, so he added, “You have to consider that you stopped us the last time. It's only natural that we needed to settle it.”

I blinked at him. The explanation registered only slowly. When they did the words spluttered out of my mouth. “You fought with Jaejoong?!” I yelled, not bothered in a bit by the fact my voice must be heard on the whole floor. Heechul gave me a deadpan look. “Who else would I swipe a punch with? My appearance is way too precious to be ruined.”

Tell me again how you were a gangster when all you do is worry about your looks?” I mused not expecting an answer. It was more rhetorically anyway.

When you're good enough no need to worry to be hit.”

I nodded only to be set off again. “Holy, how bad did you JJ beat up? He's still alive, is he?” I remembered the threat from last time. Heechul could (by a lack of control) be more dangerous than initially thought. Now my best friend looked offended. “My dear Kim Kyu, haven't I told you I never killed anyone? I don't intend to start now.”

Sorry,” I apologised but added quickly, “how can you fight with the knowledge you'd be superior? That's not fair. Especially when Jaejoong never had a fight against a professional.”

Heechul stayed quiet. There was a look in his eyes I couldn't decipher. “Heechul!” I called to bring him out of dreamland. “Did something else happened?”

That gave me difficulties,” my best friend sighed.

Difficulties?” I repeated.p

My best friend pointed to his split lip and the bruises. “Do you think I let someone touch me on purpose? I had a hard time, yknow?”

Wait, are you telling me he could keep up?” I gasped at him, totally thrown off. As far as I knew Heechul was good, like really good at fist fights. The times he lost could be counted on a hand.

Stay away from him,” Heechul said with a hostility I never heard before in his voice. “He smells bad business. I knew there was a reason why I always have arguments with him.”

You mean quarrels.”

Shut up. trust my instincts. They're never wrong.”

That's what he said.”

Do you want to wake up tomorrow peaceful or in a wet bed?”

You wouldn't.”

You know I would.”

you, Heechul,” I hissed and flipped him off. “Why is everyone telling me to stay away from Jaejoong? It's not even funny anymore.”

Everyone?”

Ryeowook. In the beginning he wasn't very amused I hang out with Jaejoong. Something about being suicidal cause the jerk hates Jaejoong the most. Reason unknown.”

Wait, Shim Changmin doesn't like DBST?” Heechul questioned, eyes wide. At my nod he groaned. “I can't believe I share a same trait with that guy.”

I shrugged. “What's done is done. It's not like you'll be infected with some disease or something.” My best friend narrowed his eyes on me. “You, Cho Kyuhyun, have no empathy at all.”

I learn from the best.”

We're both ed up, aren't we?” Heechul said humourlessly and sprawled himself on my bed. I soon joined him and he automatically curled around me. I tangled our legs together and put my head on his shoulder. “Don't make me worry so much,” I murmured, fingers tracing random patterns on his shirt. At least it was a fresh one. I smiled when a memory from long ago made itself known. I had thrown fit at Heechul cause he dirtied my sheets after he'd returned from a fight, clothes stained with anything imaginable found on the street. After that my best friend had made sure to appear with a clean shirt before I treated his wounds, which were nothing most of the time.

Heechul tightened his grip. “Shouldn't I be the one worried about you?” he asked back, voice heavy. “You're the one surrounded by bad guys.”

I turned my head so I could look up at him. “I have you, don't I?”

Heechul pinched my nose. “When did you became so cheesy?” he teased, but the fondness was unmistakeable there. “When you became too cynical,” I retorted and moved so I sat on top of him. Heechul's face gave nothing away. “What happened in the time I left for Germany?” I questioned, tone leaning in a demand, yet open enough for leaving. My best friend reached for one of my hands and laced our fingers together. “What makes you think something happened?” he asked, vague. He pretended to play with my fingers. I sighed. The stubborn way, I see. “Your sudden arrival here, even though we both know your bank account walks on a thin line? The way you slip more often than not in street slang? Don't think I haven't noticed the more frequent cursing and taunting you mix in conversations. Last but not least you fought someone, on school grounds. You're never that reckless. The last time was over two years ago.”

Heechul stared up at me, eyes unreadable. Hard and cold, like the first time we met. I cradled his face between my hands. His skin was cold under my touch. “Don't;” I ordered, gaze locked on his eyes, coaxing him out of his cage. “We went through much worse together. Don't shut me out now. I won't allow it.”

Would you let it slide if I tell you my girlfriend broke up with me?” Heechul asked and removed my hands from his face. He never let go though so I relaxed. As long as he didn't shy away from physical affection I knew I got him.

Is that the only reason?”

Suddenly Heechul looked like he wanted to bolt. Bad for him I sat on top and hold my ground rather well. “I promise I'll tell you, just not yet?” He gazed up at me and reached up to pull me down. “Please, Kyuhyun,” he whispered desperately and immediately I knew what he meant, or rather wanted. I leaned down and pressed a kiss on his forehead. Heechul closed his eyes and breathed out a slow sigh. We stayed like that for a few moments, just us, revelling in the close bond we shared. I listened to my best friend's slow breathing, felt him calm down and waited till his aura felt peaceful. Only then I removed my lips and slid down a little so our foreheads touched. I searched in Heechul's eyes for any indication he was still in distress but found none. “Better?” I asked quietly. He smiled. “I love you.”

I love you, too,” I replied and was scared to the bone by no other than Kim Ryeowook who decided it intelligent to scream high pitched “oh my god!” after he entered seconds ago. Both Heechul and I turned to my noisy and currently shocked to the core room mate whose eyes were fixed on the hands on my hips and my overall position in general.

Y-you,” Ryeowook stammered and pointed at us. “Y-You two...”

Heechul and I shared a glance and my best friend smirked. “Busted,” he stated and I laughed.

 

֎֍֎

 

The rooftop was orphaned, except for the two persons standing opposite each other, shoulders hunched up to fight off the cool wind blowing around them. The taller male couldn't help but follow a few strands of raven hair dancing in the breeze. It had always mesmerised him and managed to bring him off-track. This time he forced himself to concentrate though, the matter at hand to aggravating to be dragged any longer.

I won't repeat myself, Jaejoong,” Yunho growled. “Stop this or I'll have to take drastic measures.”

What, you mean like that time you left and made me the laugh of the town?” Jaejoong replied bitterly. Yunho flinched. Guilt flashed in his eyes. “I'm sick of our ongoing bickering,” the other confessed. “We aren't children, are we? We're in our twenties,Yunho! I don't wanna play a children's game any longer.”

Yunho looked away. “You can't always get what you want. Though the saying worked really well for you over the years.”

Jaejoong stared at him, eyes hard. “This is what I hate about you. Talking about everything and nothing, yet make the other person feel bad. And the worst you take their burdens instead of taking care of yourself. Why can't you swallow your damn pride just once and tell me what you really want?” He kicked a lonely stone over the fence. It'd fall for a long time. “Why do you always hold back?”Jaejoong continued, his gaze accusing, challenging, confused, exasperated. “You deserve some praise as everyone else. Why doesn't that get in your thick scull? How often do I have to yell at you to make you understand? Humbleness isn't always great, you know... You're a good leader -”

Not good enough for you,” Yunho cut in and added quickly after a flash of something he didn't want to dwell on, “If I were a good leader I would have made sure you'd have stayed and hadn't watched you leave.”

You mean kicked out,” Jaejoong reminded him. There was no sharpness in his voice, only a gentle nudge. The other's jaw tightened and his eyes hardened. “You don't need to say something.” He was waved off before he could come up with a smart reply. “I'm over it. What was that was. Let bygones be bygones.”

Where does this maturity come from?”

Jaejoong shot him a dirty look. “I've grown up, too. That's why I won't get caught in an argument. Your presence here says you changed your mind, right?”

Yunho clenched his teeth and avoided the other's gaze. He didn't need to see the triumphant glint in them. Jaejoong chuckled. “So it worked.” Yunho sent him a warning glare. What was this so called grown up thing again? The raven haired hold his hands up in surrender. “Alright, I won't tease you with it. Just make sure Changmin won't hurt Kyuhyun, okay? They're in the same team now so it's unavoidable they spent time together. Not that it isn't what I want.”

I still don't understand what sense it makes to put Kyuhyun and Changmin together. Shouldn't they stay far away from each other?”

Jaejoong pursed his lips. “I want them to get along. I want them to solve their problems. Or rather I want Changmin to find peace. I believe Kyuhyun can help him with that if he's just close enough. I don't wanna see the same thing happen to him.”

Yunho gave a grunt of acknowledgement. He reached for the doorknob that lead them inside. Their steps was the only thing filling the silence between them. In the end Yunho decided to break it. He was sick of no communication. “You do know Kyuhyun won't be happy about this?”

Jaejoong didn't halt in his steps though he looked back fleetingly. “Of course he won't,” he admitted thoughtfully. “But there's no other way. Your fanclub won't leave him alone the second they get wind off Jinyoung being out the country. He can't fight on two fronts at the same time.

Well, mostly I wanna Changmin to stop hurting. I guess it's selfish but what can I do? I do get what I want,” he mumbled, so quietly Yunho was certain he wasn't supposed to here it. That was why he kept quiet. They may had parted but he still knew the man to some part. When they reached the ground floor Jaejoong turned to him, expression determined. “Keep both safe, will you?”

Yunho nodded. What else could he do when those eyes looked at him pleadingly? His long-time companion smiled at him with gratitude. “Well … see you I guess...,” he replied abashed, turning shy now that he fulfilled his intention.

Yeah...” They stared at each other for quite a while, the awkwardness heavy between them. Nobody exactly knowing what to say. It was a long time they both had been alone and talked. On one side it was strange and uncomfortable, on the other it was quite relieving. In the end it was the bell which saved them further embarrassment. They nodded stiffly and with words of having to attend class they went different ways, hesitant and with a look back here and there until the other was out of sight.

Everything had its pace.

 

__________________

Got some HeeKyu and YunJae action for the lack of ChangKyu. I apologize for that but now there'll be more and more considering the new set changes for Kyuhyun. Poor boy, having to readjust once again. Everyone ing with his life as they please. And maybe you finally get a gist of the relationship between Yunho and Jajeoong. Ain't the past exciting? Not to mention Heechul's. That guy has some secrets. At least the 'Jinyoung away' problem will be solved. Oh, and Kyuhyun's engagement with orphanages will be important for later on. Need something else to shake him up a little. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.