Eye Smile.

My Life!

 

Eye Smile.

Ryeowook?”

My room mate looked up from his desk, legs sweeping back and forth. I found it amusing how he was quiet and still outside but couldn't stay still the moment he was behind closed doors. “What did you mean when you said I hang out with the person that jerk can't stand the most?” The question had bothered me the whole day. Like a mantra you couldn't escape.

Ryeowook stopped his movements and laid the paper he was reading down. “Ah, right. I haven't filled you in about that. Shim Changmin aka the biggest arsehole on earth who deserves never ending beatings preferable done by me or hired boxers hates Kim Jaejoong. And vice versa – I think.”

You think?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “Everyone knows BA - cause biggest arsehole takes too much time - can't stand Kim Jaejoong. He shows it with every action, word and behaviour. You just need to mutter the other's name and you feel the hatred ooze out his pores. Kinda scary if you ask me.”

That was an information hard to dig in. back in my old school I had this ominous feeling the two of them didn't get along. But to the point of hate? In what mess have I been dragged into? Now I understood Ryeowook's rage yesterday night. I would be worried sick, too, if I'd been in his shoes. “And Jaejoong?” I enquired.

My friend pushed himself from his chair and jumped on his bed. Homework seemed forgotten. “That's the mystery here,” he revealed, excitement filling his eyes. Hit the jackpot, huh? “When BA shouts, snarls or attacks him he doesn't pay him back the same. He just replies in a calm manner, almost like a parent to their child. No one is really sure what he feels towards Changmin, or thinks in general.” Ryeowook puffed out his cheeks. “He's unapproachable. Whenever I dare look in his direction I get the chills. His eyes bear this really cold glare. That's why I'm surprised you hang out with him. How did you do that?” suddenly my vision was filled with a curious face way too close for my liking. “Tell me how you managed to break the Ice Prince's walls!”

Ice Prince ...?

I howled with laughter, unintentionally scaring my friend off. He retreated back to the far end of his bed, a queer look on his face. It was obvious he was weirded out by my actions. Not that I cared. My room mate's description of Jaejoong was just hilarious. Ice prince. Just the thought set me into another fit of giggles. Goodness, images of the crazy raven haired perched up on a throne, servants covering to his feet flooded through my mind. No, I just couldn't take that serious.

Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook called carefully and successfully stopped my laughter. “What's so funny?” Or not. I just uttered the words “Ice Prince” and was back to laughing my off. If this continued on I wouldn't survive the day. That had to be prevented, especially because there was an interesting science project tomorrow I didn't wish to miss. Control, Cho Kyuhyun. Find your self-control.

Fine, don't tell me!” Ryeowook snapped, clearly annoyed by my outburst. That sobered me uo quickly. One thing I learned early was an upset room mate wasn't healthy for your own condition.

Sorry, Bangs,” I apologised and meant it. Ryeowook was a good friend and I didn't want him to see sad or down because of anyone. Speaking of anyone... “What happened between you and Freaky Horse?” I prodded, remembering the dishevelled appearance my room mate presented when he stepped in our shared space. Naughty Kyu came to the conclusion something steamy must've happened. I saw Ryeowook stiffen, the tension rolling in waves from his body. Oh my, were they at it so wild? I waited and waited, the heavy silence grating on my nerves. The happy atmosphere had left non trace. Finally, my friend's shoulder sagged and he left out a defeated sigh. “We fought,” Ryeowook mumbled.

You did what?” I questioned. Goodbye naughtiness.

Ryeowook rubbed his temples. “We had an argument and it escalated.”

Are you trying to hoax me?” I narrowed my eyes. My room mate frowned. “Why should I?”

Cause you're saying you went against a beefcake and the result was only tattered clothes?!”

Not to insult him or anything but have you seen Ryeowook's built? He was slim, short and he didn't work out. Compare him to Siwon whose muscles flexed by every move he did (Flex~ time to impress~, me and my catchy tunes) it was ludicrous to even think Ryeowook had a chance. And here said boy shall throw me off once again.

We do it all the time. I'm always victorious.”

That statement sent me flying off my bed. Okay, that made absolutely no sense at all. Ryeowook peered down at me. “You're okay?” he asked.

Are you?” I shot back, not believing a single word coming from his mouth. It was ridiculous, as ridiculous as Garfield dieting on lasagne. Let's face it, it won't happen. Ever. “You're pride is hurt, I understand. But you don't need to lie about the results.”

Now it was Ryeowook's turn to laugh loudly. I stared at him incredulously. I can't stand it when people ignore what I'm saying or make fun of it. My brain is all about logic, damn it! I can't be wrong.

You think Siwon wins just because he's bigger than me?” Ryeowook prodded, interrupted here and there by a fit of giggles. “Technique, Kyuhyun, technique. You, as the brain among us, should know a fighter doesn't need strength alone. Technique, speed; those factors play a role, too. I'm faster than Siwon and instead of strength I picked up some techniques. It works quite well for me,” he explained, eyes twinkling with pride.

I thought it over. Made sense, wouldn't veto that. My hand shot up. “Another question.”

Shoot.”

Who tops in bed?”

 

֎֍֎

 

Oh, come one, Bangs. Why are you embarrassed? It's totally normal to have a life,” I consoled my room mate on our way to the Wide Hall. His face was red as a tomato. But contrary to your presumptions it wasn't out of shame. My little friend was just a bit shy to reveal secrets regarding his ual preference in positions. Ryeowook tries to interfere by shouting he's angry. Right, who'd believe that. Have I mentioned he's a great actor as well? Siwon must rub off on him. Freaky Horse had talent. Won't tell him though. I fear he'll gets too conceited. I'm worried for his mental state. Hands up who believes this amazing excuse.

What's wrong with you insinuating a non-existent ual relationship between Siwon and me?” Ryeowook huffed and stomped down the floor. You see, my room mate expresses his anger/embarrassment/whatever else stirs your blood through body actions aka stomping down stairs, kicking doors open and plop down chairs instead of gliding elegant in them. Very cute, I know. Oh, and the most important: he cooks. Means I get to eat lots of tasty food without having to worry someone else snatches it away or that it's already disgustingly soft -ain't a old grandpa yet.

Lucky me.

What else is there supposed to be?” I replied and skipped happily beside him. Ryeowook gave me an incredulous look. “Friendship?!”

I made a face. “Nah, that's what we have, my lovely Wookie. Siwon and you on the other hand...”

Can you stop?” he groaned and almost ran a little boy over. Still, my room mate bowed and apologised though the little boy seemed much too scared to accept the apology and moved in the speed of light. Maybe sports department.

I can,” I revealed with a snicker and added gloatingly, “if you admit I'm right.”

I swear his teeth were reduced to the half of their length so hard he bit down. “Should I mention Changmin then?” Ryeowook snapped. “How would you feel if someone always indicates there's something going on between the two of you?”

My happy mood died off. Now I started to get pissed off. “That's completely different!” I exclaimed. “Changmin and I have no relationship whatsoever. He's deluded and I resent him.”

Sure. Maybe it's a method to keep people distracted? Maybe you have the hots for each other and just try to hide it,” Ryeowook continued, obviously enjoying reversed sides. Just you wait, damn cook. “So?” he turned to me, a smirk playing around his lips. “Tell me, what do you feel for Changmin?”

I stopped dead in my tracks. You may think it's because of the sudden attack. I mean, feelings? Even a rock would feel more for that jerk than me. And renownedly a rock feels nothing, absolutely nothing. So dear ladies and gentlemen, explain to me where exactly do I harbour anything close to affection or even a positive thought at all towards Shim freaking Changmin? Apropos, I froze in place because the subject of our discussion aka me tasting my own medicine walked towards us, cell phone attached to his ear, clearly deep in thought and rather disturbed by whatever was said on the other line. That explained why he didn't act up when we came in his vision.

Ryeowook glanced at me before grabbing my wrist and directing me to the staircase in an attempt to get away before the jerk realised who he'd crossed paths with. Sadly, fortune wasn't on our side. Our timing . Just when I thought we could sneak past him he snapped his phone shut and became aware of us. The air was out my lungs when our eyes met and the usual vomit threatening smirk appeared on his lips. If not for Ryeowook I'd stayed like a deer in headlights right there, not able to tear my eyes away. I never could. It was as if the bastard's pupils were black holes, giving me no chance of escape.

Lunch is waiting, Kyuhyun,” Ryeowook reminded me and with an icy glare to Unity's visual (Amber updated me about that, of course with a murderous glint in her eyes) he pulled me away from the warlock (also one of Amber's creations). I knew there was something we would get along with: our unified hatred for Shim jerk Changmin aka the warlock. Had a nice ring to it. And was more creative than jerk or bastard.

When we passed him I saw him reach out for me. But my room mate was faster and only caused our hands to brush. Not that it wasn't enough to produce shivers and make me feel like I was teleported to Antarctica. “See you,” Changmin taunted and I run off, Ryeowook squeaking in surprise by my sudden storm off. I definitely acted like a prey running away from its predator. I hated it but I couldn't change it – yet. I was determined to gain a backbone when it came to warlock's evil words and menacing aura.

Thanks,” I mumbled after lunch. We were on our way back from the Wide Hall. I was truly grateful to Ryeowook, my problem was I wasn't good in expressing it. Mostly because I didn't want to give people the vibe of being a reed in the wind; someone who was easily influenced by others' actions and words.

My room mate patted my shoulder. “You're welcome. Next time let me punch him in the face.”

Does that lie in your capabilities?” I teased and earned me a smack. Ouch, there hid some strength.

How often do I have to tell you I win against Siwon?” Ryeowook huffed, clearly annoyed by my lack of physical trust in him. “Should I demonstrate it to you?” And before I knew what happened I found myself on the ground, Ryeowook sitting triumphantly on my stomach. “Pretty easy,” he stated. Did some kind of arrogance swing in his voice? Snickers around us made me realise where my embarrassing defeat took place. In swift motions I pushed my haughty room mate off me and jumped on my feet. Acting like I didn't care I dusted myself off and cleared my throat. “I'm bored,” I declared in order to change the topic. No more Kyu fool please.

How about visiting the sports ground?” Ryeowook suggested. I didn't bother replying. Slowly I got the hand of the way my friend spoke. When he threw in a suggestion it was meant as an order and likewise. Truly Ryeowook was strange. This seemed to be a phenomenon; Heechul, Ryeowook, Jaejoong, they're all a little bit crazy in their head.

Let me guess: the sports ground belong to the sport department and one day all of those talented athletes become famous at the age of twenty-five and annoy the hell out of me cause they earn more money in one month than I in ten years.”

Ryeowook's eyes turned wide. “How did you know? You're a psychic, Kyuhyun.” I rolled my eyes. Sure I am if using your brain belongs to one of the passing categories. Why was I friends with Ryeowook again?

Who's psychic?” a quirky voice interjected. Blazing fast my mood increased by the sight of cute Henry skipping down the floor. I felt a smile forming on my lips. Ah, my worshipper. Come to me.

Me,” I said and revelled in Henry's sparkling adoration.”For real?” he questioned. I nodded. Don't try to lecture me about morals. Everyone needs an ego booster. This cute little chipmunk here just happens to be mine. You're just jealous you don't have one.

Show me, show me,” Henry demanded in a childish like manner. Who was I to resist?

The arts department has its own filming set,” I randomly put in, not expecting both Ryeowook's and Henry's flabbergasted expression. “You're really psychic, hyung!” Henry exclaimed. Now it was my turn to be dumbfounded. For real? It was just a joke. How could an academy have its own Hollywood, Bollywood, whatever? This mental hospital was crazy, in all areas. Time for a change of topic. “How about a swimming pool? Does it exist?”

Ryeowook frowned, a sign he was deep in thoughts. “I'm not sure. I never saw one. But then, the are is vast so it's possible. I haven't explored the whole academy. I stopped near the forest. It looks impenetrable.” He shuddered. Don't tell me he was scared of some trees. I almost snorted at that ridiculous conclusion.

Beside me Henry started to jump up and down in excitement. “How about we explore the forest? I saw a map and the border isn't marked by any natural bounds.”

I shared a look with Ryeowook who looked kind of pale. “I don't mind,” I shrugged and ruffled Henry's hair. “But it'll be only us.”

Henry's face fell.”Why?”

Ryeowook has some things to do. Wasn't there a paper you had to finish?” I asked my room mate. He blinked in surprise and was quiet a few seconds before he caught up. “Ah, yes, yes!” he stammered. “I'm very sorry, Henry.”

My worshipper shook his head. “It's alright. Studies are important.”

I couldn't resist but coo about his adorable serious expression. Gosh, why couldn't I have a little brother like him? Exchange for my big evil sister.

I clapped my hands to gain their attention. “Okay, let's get started. See you later Ryeowook.” I bid him goodbye. He smiled and waved after us.

Near the entrance I crashed with someone and fell on my mighty . Poor coccyx. Seconds later I felt something hot on my chest. I hissed at the sudden heat. Dang, that hurts. “Oh, I'm so sorry,” someone said in a panicking voice. “Did I hurt you? You aren't hurt, are you? I didn't mean to spill my tea on you.” Ah, that was the source of this uncomfortable warmth. “It's okay,” I waved it off. It was. It didn't really hurt much and I wasn't intend on making a scene, especially in the Wide Hall where everybody's gathered. I felt too much eyes on me already. Too much eyes never meant any good. Too many eyes equals too much attraction equals possibility of bumping into Shim Changmin gets higher. Nope, not interested after the close-to-no-escape situation a while ago.

Let me help you up,” the stranger offered and I took the outstretched hand. He pulled me up with a force I wasn't expecting and almost crashed in him again. “You're really okay?” he asked, worry clear in his voice and finally I looked in his face.

Small eyes.

The guy had small eyes. He reminded me of a classmate back in my old school, Sunggyu. Everyone had made fun of his eye size. I was close to pulling a joke (I mean it's literally waving a stick telling me to do it) when I took in this guy's built. Maybe not. Though he was shorter – not by much – he definitely had muscles I lacked. Well, I wasn't Ryeowook-style but you'd get it if you saw the small-eyes dude. I bet he could land a punch just fine if he wanted to. My body was dear to me so I shall stay respectful. And I mention again I was brought up with manners. Later on though I would pull jokes. But that was in the future and apparently human beings aren't able to do that, despite Henry's and Ryeowook's belief I was psychic. Not that I wasn't flattered. Who wouldn't be?

The guy's – who kinda ruined my cool exit – eyes widened (very comical sight) when he became aware of the tea stain on my shirt. “I ruined your shirt,” he stated and sounded even more sorry. “Here, let me give you mine.”

What?

Shocked I watched him as he crossed his arms in order to pull of his shirt. He didn't intend on stripping here, did he? There were people around. Have some discretion! It would make me look like some sort of bully! I opened my mouth to voice out my protest when someone beat me to it. “Junho!”

The one who spilt tea on me stopped in his movements to look behind him. “What?” he asked in a deadpan voice. Wow, completely different from before. Who made him change his behaviour onehundredandeighty degrees? Hell, why was I even surprised? It seemed to be common practice to be a little bipolar. I do have yet to meet a bipolar professor. High percentage I find one in the theatrical performance section.

The newcomer was so kind as to come into my vision. I regretted it. If I thought Small-eyes, who's name seemed to be Junho, was built it was nothing compared to the monster striding towards us. That guy was ripped. I didn't need a microscope to see the muscles moving under the tight white shirt. Damn, was today bodybuilder day? The newcomer didn't spare me a glance – it's okay, I'm not hurt or anything (haven't you heard about manners?!). Instead he focussed on Small-eyes. Don't I come up with the greatest nicknames? I'm free to be the greatest~

What are you doing?” Ripped monster asked. “The guys are waiting. Practice is starting soon.”

There was a flash of annoyance on Junho's face. “I got it, I'm coming. No need to nag.” He turned to me.” I'm sorry. I'll replace your shirt.”

As I said, no worry,” I waved him off, slowly getting annoyed. It was just a freaking stain. It could inspire me to be creative. Oh, I always wanted to try colourise clothes. Now I've gotten the chance. I sent Junho a bright smile which caught him and ripped monster off-guard. “Thanks a lot! Now I can fulfil my dream.” With that I skipped away, arms swinging around and catching Henry by chance who'd walked ahead not noticing my disappearance due to excitement. Thanks to my superior hearing I did catch ripped monster's comment: “You meet too many weirdos.”

Guys, I ain't a weirdo. If I was I'd enjoy my stay in this mental hospital; second home and all. But I do not. Conclusion: I'm not weird nor crazy, just unique. Emphasis on unique. For the less educated among you, it means to stand out, while weird people are mentally crooked due to their head hitting the ground when they were young. See? Two different categories. My, my, I should give that guy a lecture in proper use of verbs slash adjectives in descriptions. He clearly belonged to the category of students who haven't been attentive in school.

 

__________

In case you wonder why it appears to be cut - the chapter ain't completely finsihed. But I didn't want you to wait any lionger so I decided to update this part. There'll be a little addition. I apologise for the loss of ChangKyu (their interactions will increase soon). It's just the story outline has to be laid, so yeah...