Silk Pyjamas.

My Life!

 

Silk Pyjamas.

The Ace Academy, short AA, was established in 1960 by Lee Yu Hwan, later the director of AA. Its focus lies on people growing their talent and giving them the chance to prove themselves in the competitive world outside. AA assures the health of all attendees and strong mental stability to survive physical attacks regarding their future careers. We're proud to be one of the top talent academies international. Rest assured we'll take care of whoever wished to seek further accomplishments.

 

I shut off my laptop. That sounded more like a session in the therapy yard than a talent academy. Why was I even surprised? It was obvious there were only mental person attending this academy. Freaky horse proved it. It was a mystery to me how my room mate could be friends with him and worse: have a crush on him. Why... why in the name of all things intelligent is someone attracted to a man who's lost his sense of reality and believes he's Prince Charming 2.0? It boggles my mind. And that never happened before. But I knew the reason.

Romance.

I shuddered. Romantic feelings weren't logic nor did they followed rational thoughts. That made everything complicated. Complications lead to misunderstandings, misunderstandings to arguments and arguments to disharmony. Fairy-tales were the best example. There was always one character who was envious of two others in love and hatches evil plans in order to ruin their romance, at any sacrifices. Meaning, if no romance existed the world would be embedded in harmony. Preach.

Existed a religious department here? Maybe I should become a preacher... You know for the sake of the world's harmony and people's lives. No? Fine then, wasn't into it anyway. Imagine all those intelligence deprived people trying to follow my more sophisticated choice of words. They would be hopelessly be lost and I'd walk out those worship services with a migraine. Nope, won't be happening. Except, they'd worship me... hehe.

Laughing to yourself gives others the impression you've lost it,” a voice I knew too well commented. I stopped my take over the world plans (I'm capable of it) and brought my attention to the slim male leaning in the door frame. “What are you doing here, Mr. Kim?” I asked in a bored tone. Jaejoong sighed. “Still mad?”

What do you think?”

The young man made a face. “I thought we settled it back in the plane.”

You thought wrong,” I stated and motioned for him to go. He didn't. Either he was too dumb to understand the easiest sign language or he was just plain obnoxious. Previous experience hinted to the second possibility. We stared at each other, none willing to back off. At some point I started squirming in my seat. Jaejoong had a piercing gaze. Mine was no match. Goodbye evil-from-the-pits-of-hell-glare. “What?” I groaned exasperated when I couldn't stand the silence any more – and his stare. The other smirked. “Victory,” he cheered and made a V sign. I couldn't believe it. How childish was this guy?

If you have nothing important to say leave,” I growled. “Or I make you.”

Jaejoong held up his hands. “Calm down. I just overheard two guys talking about you and one of them mentioning you looked pretty sick. He seemed worried. But as I see you're not that sick.”

And a newcomer called Guilt made his great entrance (it's totally valid it's written with a capital letter; I turned it in a name). Welcome to Choi Kyuhyun's emotions and feelings realm. Don't destroy anything and make sure to leave behind a certain balance. The owner does not wish for any unstableness in mental areas.

Don't look at me like that!” I exclaimed at Jaejoong's disapproving stare. “I had to safe myself. Do you know what might happened if I went with Ryeowook and Freaky Horse? I'd probably had to have be admitted in a mental hospital! Theatrical students are the worst.” I ended my lame excuse of an explanation with a huff.

Jaejoong snorted. “I better don't ask who's Freaky Horse. … Do you always give the people you meet strange nicknames?” he inquired.

Strange people deserve strange nicknames,” I pouted and crossed my arms. “And how else do you call a person if you don't know their name? It's a tool for self help.” Never mind I knew Siwon's name before I decided to call him Freaky Horse. Some things stayed unsaid.

My statement was met with a head shake. “My, my, you're truly something, Kyuhyun,” Jaejoong said and plopped down on my bed. None of my threats helped to remove him. “What nickname did you give me?”

What makes you so sure you have one?” I shot back. He gave me a pointed look. I rolled my eyes. “Fine,” I huffed. “It's pretty obvious: 'Mr. Perfect face'.” There was a choke I chose to ignore. I was above that. “Now I want to change it though, after I learned what an you are.” I glared at him and was immediately confused. “Why are you blushing?”

I'm not!” Jaejoong denied and buried his face in his hands. “Why Mr. Perfect face?” he whined. “It's embarrassing.”

Don't tell me you have a self-esteem complex?” I pressed. Jaejoong's head shot up. “Why should I?” he asked flabbergasted. “I'm perfectly fine with the way I look. And I'm not an .”

Forget I ask,” I mumbled. I sensed a breeze of narcissism in the air. Somehow the older male reminded me awfully well of Heechul. With the difference my best friend would have said why he should with a face like his.

So do you plan on acting sick the whole day?” Jaejoong prodded. “You do know today is the day you'll be informed about your time schedule? It's important, as well as the 'Prof brekkers'.”

The what?”

Jaejoong sighed. It seemed he had had the conversation often enough. “The professors gonna introduce themselves to new attendees taking their future lessons. That's why it is important to receive your schedule. So you know in which group you are.” He stood up from my bed. “The boys and girls in the plane aren't the only newbies,” he said and grabbed one of my science books. “Do they contain horoscopes?” he asked and threw me off. “What?”

Horoscopes.” He waved my poor baby in the air.

Hell no!” I exclaimed scandalized. “That's blasphemy! My knowledge is based on logic and validate facts not on spiritual maybes!”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “Calm down, Kyuleriker. It was just a question. No need to go up the roof.”

No need to give me an improper nickname!”

The raven haired hummed in reply. Arsehole. “What did you mean by we weren't then only newbies?” I pressed in an attempt to bring the conversation back on a my standards fitting level. The older male put my poor baby back. Sincere thanks to the universe. As you may have noticed I'm not religious. Therefore I prefer other phrases than Thank goodness or Praise/Thank God. Didn't wish to be called a blasphemer.

The academy selects people from all over the world,” Jaejoong started his lecture and made himself comfortable on my bed again. “One or two people are assigned for every continent. In your case it's Mr. Oh, a very kind man. Considering there are seven continents seven to fourteen people make sure to find new talents. Age doesn't matter by the way.” He stretched his arms and smiled satisfied when his joints sprung in their original position. He explained further, “Even though age isn't limited the headmaster stressed that the younger the better. The rawer your talent the better it can be moulded. We do have people who are above thirty but their percentage is less than one percent. Mr. Oh probably told you the average attendance at this academy is three to six years, right?” I nodded at his questioning gaze. “In most cases that's true. Leaving the academy in this time span means either you succeeded in the real world or you failed. In case of the second option you'll be mercilessly ex-matriculated and are on your own again.” I gaped at him. “You mean one's dropped like a hot potato?”

Jaejoong's eyes became hooded. “Ah,” he confirmed. “A friend of mine failed and had to start from scratch again. He was never the same again.”

I gulped. That didn't sound good. “Did he become insane?” I asked carefully. Jaejoong cocked his head to the side. “Why should he have become insane?” he asked. “If anything he was glad he could finally escape. The academy wasn't his style.” He shook his head. “Well, and chicken. Strange thing is he shoot commercials for chicken. Not my style, my .”

I blinked. Not sure what to feel. Was 'creeping out' the right word? Maybe. Or Jaejoong just decided soliloquising seemed attractive. Whatever. “What's he doing now, your chicken friend?”

Being a superstar in China,” came the amused reply. “Not everyone needs to attend the academy to succeed,” he added and stood up for good. “Come on, enough playing sick. You need informations. Isn't intelligence all about knowledge?”

Oh, shut up,” I groaned and followed a snickering Mr. Perfect face. And if I was honest, I liked his company. No matter how annoyed I acted. Maybe it was the reminder of Heechul that I let him close. Maybe I just didn't want to admit I felt lonely without my best friend by my side. That brought me to the question how he was doing with his girlfriend. Had they broken up? Did they go strong? I needed to call Heechul as soon as possible.

 

֎֍֎

 

To what do I owe the honour of this visit?”

My theory was right. Freaky horse belonged to the psychiatric ward, or in a fairy-tail. Wonder which one got the bad card there.

Beside me Ryeowook laughed. Ah, I forgot. Rule number two: Everything your crush says is funny. Delusional is a must. And before you ask, I present you rule number one: no matter how sweaty or sick your crush is they're handsome/pretty all the time. That's actually nice considering my bed hair every morning. If everybody fell for me I wouldn't have to bother with annoying bathroom walks early in the morning...

Why we were meeting up with psychiatric ward candidate number one? Ryeowook was set on showing me around. I realised no matter what excuse I'd try, in the end my room mate would drag me through the whole academy. As you my remember, I as well as the rest of the unfortunate Asian newbies got deported to this huge former castle refurbished in a mental hospital (it's an unofficial name but I'm set on making it the official instead of Ace Academy; me you can't fool).

The official reason was that after the 'prof brekker' (still get the giggles with the name) and time schedule meet&greet we were to inspect every corner of the academy. No joke, the blond woman from the welcome party demanded we should get familiar with the different departments as soon as possible. In case we'll ever need the help of one. I'd scoffed at that. Yeah sure, as if a writer could help someone who's a cook. What did he want to do? Write down the recipe? Even a toddler was able to do that – if it got the competences, of course. Apparently I was the only one who thought like that, and promptly brought me to my next theory: people attending this academy were very obedient. No one questioned the woman's words, as ridiculous as they were. In the small print I added there were also possibilities of common stupidity which would explain everyone's idiotic behaviour. And thanks to Blondie we were now trapped in the theatrical section of the arts department. I want to claim for compensation for personal suffering. You can't possibly expect me to come out this psychological attack not scarred for life!

We're here for the orientation,” Henry piped up. He belonged to the pitiful group as well. Every Asian if I'm exact. Blondie seemed to believe it's better if people from the same continent stay together. “For better communication,” she explained. I shook my head at her ignorance. What does the world look like? A big monogamy or what? Even on the same continent nations had different languages. I judged her hard. She was definitely the stereotype of a blonde.

An action to my left caught my attention. Freaky Horse had jumped down from the stage he was practising with his female partner a sad scene. That or both had terrible constipation. “Do ye desire a guidance?” he asked in a deep voice that made me cringe. The male part of our group shuffled uncomfortable. They were alienated. What surprise. Not.

On the other hand Siwon had caused adoration by the females. Gosh, I'd never figure out why girls were attracted by weird behaving good-looking guys. A mystery cleared only for the female population on earth.

Is here someone who got assigned to the arts department?” Freaky Horse asked, voice and wordings suddenly normal. To my own surprise it was creeping me out more. My mother always nagged I can't be satisfied. Well, knowledge don't grows on trees. Curiosity feeds the informations we have. Satisfaction lead to ignorance. Ignorance lead to actions without due consideration. Examples: war, medical fail, innocent deaths. You get the grasp.

Five? That's great!” He sounded earnestly happy. Or he was just a great actor. Freaky Horse was after all studying theatrical performances. “And you, Kyuhyun?” I snapped out my own world when I heard him address me. Why the hell? I felt daggers thrown at me from the girls. The guys took a few cautious steps back. Great, now I was a threatening disease cause Freaky Horse knew me – or rather my name. He knew about me.

Dunno,” I mumbled and hear a girly snicker. I didn't bother with it. Probably one brainless species of blonde. Maybe a relative of Blondie?

Siwon looked concerned. “Are you not feeling well?”

Stop talking to me, I thought. Then I feel better. It seemed he heard me cause he turned to all of us. “As you can see, this is a stage room,” he explained and gestured lazily around. Coincidentally a lamp on the ceiling shone on him just then and sharpened his features. There was a dreamily sigh or two. I bet that was rehearsed. “We use it for self-practice therefore it's relative small,” Freaky Horse continued. “The one the professors use are huge to give the right atmosphere. It's important to feel the atmosphere. If you can't do that you won't be able to pull off the role you've been given. It's essential you give yourself the character. We call it 'with reckless abandon', short WRA. Just in case you get confused.” He winked and I swore a girl fainted. Call her dramatic. Must be an attendee in theatrical performance then. “As all students the theatrical performer live in a dorm close by. There's a dorm for every department though some share. Mutual benefit, as the professors call it.”

Uhm, sir?” someone called hesitantly. Henry again. His cheeks reddened when Siwon's eyes landed on him. “What do you mean with 'mutual benefit'?”

A older boy, mid-twenties I guessed, imitated him, clearly making fun of Henry. Amber whirled around and glared menacingly at him. The young man's face turned into a tomato. Serves him right!

Siwon cleared his throat. “I'm not sure if Ms Bernadotte explained it at the meet&greet meeting-” Blondie's name was Ms Bernadotte?! Oh my gosh, what a laughing stock. ”-but the departments help each other out. For example a singer is stuck with the task of writing lyrics. A writer can help by formulating some phrases. The same goes for a cook and a science student. For the right use of ingredients a cook can ask a science student for some infos. Perfect harmony,” Siwon ended and earned claps from the girls. We (me and the other males) rolled our eyes. That was Blondie meant. Sorry, I just can't take her name seriously. No wonder she couldn't explain it. There were too many variables to connect she didn't have the capabilities for.

If you have any more question don't be afraid to ask,” Freaky Horse smiled, followed by another round of swoons. Okay, cut it out, girls. ”For our new additions, please be here tomorrow at seven sharp. Tardiness isn't welcomed here.” With that he excused himself. Today must be my lucky day. Leaving the stage room in loud chatters we made our way to the next destination; the science department. That had to be fascinating.

I'm in the science department, by the way. Just wanted to mention it in case you got curious and couldn't stand your nescience. See how science is embedded in nescience? That's fate in the most logical way possible. Cause Cho Kyuhyun does not, I repeat, does not believe in something or someone leading one's life. I'm my own master. And the only coincidence I allow is the mathematical one. So you shall not to be surprised I am where I am. Hm, sounds like some lyrics. And no, I'm not interested in being a singer/songwriter. No matter how many song references I have made maybe.

 

֎֍֎

 

The orientation in the science department was amazing. I was intrigued by all the modern instruments, be it IR microscope or UV ones in biology, seldom substances you can't get at the usual market in chemistry or the exact measuring instruments in physic. It was paradise for every science freak. And no, not every single guy with thick glasses and no friends is interested in science or has a talent for it. I'm the best example. Handsome, witty, no glasses and friends. What more can a guy wish for? No wonder so many were envious of me back at my old school. Not to the degree of me being bullied – Shim jerk definitely wasn't envious of my intelligence. Why? Because he's way too primitive to even know what that meant. He belonged to the category of pitiful people trying to get some by assaulting their interest. Very developed.

Tell me what's so amazing about this,” Amber grumbled and looked around the labour in disgust. I found out she wasn't interested in science in a bit. “My talent lies in dancing,” she'd said. No further questions. I spared myself the frustration of trying to show her the way to paradise. She's stubborn. Her brother, Henry, on the other side looked at everything in pure amazement. He was easily impressible by things he didn't know. I had fun explaining all the different instrument to him and their use despite the fact he was part of the arts department also. Amber told me he was kind of a musical genius. From what I heard he had the magic touch for classical instruments as well as dancing. Speak of many talents. Maybe that's why I liked him. And Amber. She was talented as well and cool. She didn't freak out nor did she make a scene.

Like sister, like brother. Positive sibling love. My sister and I were the best example of negative sibling love. We had total different interests, couldn't stop the insults and bickering and dreaded every second we were forced to spend together. And yet we'd save the other if in desperate straits. Sibling love. Simple as that, yet so complicated to explain.

Anyway, Henry and Amber were worth of investing time in. that's why I decided to befriend them. Power lies in connections, too. As Heechul would say, “Come, come. That won't hurt him.”

On our way back to the Wide Hall we walked paths here and there, passing almost every department. The Wide Hall was the centre of the whole complex here. And as the proverb goes: all roads lead to Rome. It was crazy. I calculated the distance from the dorm I lived in to the science department – they were on the opposite sides – and came to the result I had to walk for 26 minutes and 12 seconds! Ridiculous. I never was a friend of early wake ups. Wasn't good for my health. And my skin. Blame Heechul. He really, really, really paid much attention to his body health. In my defence, at some point it scrubbed off on me.

You really look ugly with a frown on your face,” Amber stated and hit the back of my head. I yelped in pain. ”What was that for?” I complained and rubbed the hurting spot in an attempt to soothe it. Forget the statement hits at the back of your head increase one's intelligence. It brought pain, only pain. No sudden light bulb.

You confronted me with your ugliness,” Amber shrugged her shoulders and marched forward. I glared at her occiput. “Girls look better with long hair!” I shouted and got nothing but a hand wave as a reply.

She ain't that bothered by her tomboy style,” Henry helpfully provided. Or rather unnecessarily. I got that from her reaction. Damn her! “Are insults part of her wonderful personality?” I asked dryly. Henry looked embarrassed. “My sister somehow has this tick. She insults those she likes – as friends. You know, the more she likes one the more she gets violent with words.”

I stared at him open-mouthed.

It's the same with One Touch,” a new voice cut in. I wasn't that surprised to find Jaejoong grinning at us. I heard a high pitched 'meep' beside me and saw Henry gaping at the young man. Was I mistaken or was there a hint of red gracing his cheeks? Well, Mr. Perfect Face surely was an eye-catcher. But still... And how the hell do his eyes get so huge? They were bigger than Jaejoong's! And his were natural big. Speaking of him I glared at the newcomer. “What the hell are you doing here?” I growled. As you may have noticed, I wasn't in the greatest mood. I wasn't ugly, dammit!

Jaejoong jutted out his lower lip. Was that an attempt to be a cute puppy? “I thought we settled our differences?” he pouted.

Your act doesn't deceive me,” I responded and crossed my arms. “And what makes you so sure I care about anything regarding you?”

The older male smirked. “You wouldn't bother talking to me if you didn't.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “Don't try to outsmart me,” I snapped and earned a chuckle in return. Great retort, Kyuhyun, I thought sarcastically. Exactly what you didn't intend.

Well, I'll see you around,” Jaejoong said and went his way. That's when something came to my mind. “Hey!” I called after him. Mr. Perfect Face walked backwards. “What did you mean by One Touch?” He sent my a sly grin. I knew exactly what that look meant. Heechul wears that way too often. 'Hang out with me and I'll tell you'. I showed him the middle finger and Jaejoong continued on. “ing blackmail,” I muttered darkly and covered them with insults just for the flow. Deep in my slanging match – it was evil Kyu against pure Kyu -I felt a tuck at my sleeve. I looked down at Henry. Amazement filled his eyes. “You're able to stand up against him,” he whispered. The tone he used irked me. “And he lets you. You're amazing.” Oh, forget it. His tone was aiding – for my deflated ego. You must understand, after the horrendous clash with Shim jerk, the traumatic meetings with Freaky Horse and Mr. Perfect Face's sudden appearances I haven't had much time to tend to my wounded self-esteem. Therefore I'm allowed to gloat in another person's admiration. I didn't command it. It was all on free will. We live currently in a democratic country. You can express yourself freely. And if Henry sees me as some kind of hero (maybe I can raise my status to being seen as a God some day) who am I to deny him his freedom of mind?

Well, I am amazing so it's not that hard,” I laughed arrogantly. It clicks, always. Henry nodded in agreement. I guessed he'd agree to everything in his current state. I doubted he got half of what I was saying. “Let's go. Your sister must be waiting already.”

That brought him out his bubble of I-found-my-hero. “Noona!” he exclaimed and sprinted in the direction Amber disappeared minutes ago. Sister complex?

I trotted behind him though much less fast and with more composure. Needed to set an impression. I did not wish to be marked as the guy who runs like a message boy. In the end I'd end like one. I grimaced. What a horrifying image! As you can already figure out I counted down all possibilities that could lead to my downgrading before anything started. Lucky me was interrupted by Blondie. Seriously, she should change her name. I mean, Ms Bernadotte? No wonder she was single. It's as laughable as being called Alfred at our age or knight-in-shining-armor. Wait, Freaky Horse would like it, definitely. Theatrics, just saying.

When I reached the Wide Hall – I'm still set on changing its name – my eyes automatically searched for Ryeowook. You see, he promised to fetch me after the orientation was over. And I was itching on getting away. My group, except Henry and Amber, had made me suffer to no end. I hoped I'd never have to bother with them again. It was an affront to my existence. And dignity.

Oh, and I found out the Wide Hall was used for dining as well. Long tables were placed in parallel rows and in front of the stage the buffet was set up. Attendees of all ages and shapes mingled in the hall. The chatters filled the air and made it buzz. Holy , I was catapulted in a beehive.

Kyuhyun!” someone shouted over the noises and I caught my room mate waving excitedly from across the room. I smiled and made my way over. My smiled faltered though when I detected Freaky Horse beside him. Did they come in a package? I got my suspicions. “How did the rest of the orientation go?” Ryeowook asked curiously. He'd stayed behind after the theatrical performance visit. Something about having some stuff to do. Sure.

Not bad.” I shrugged my shoulders and snatched a slice of an apple from his plate. He protested but it was already in my mouth. “I enjoyed the time in the science department. All those wonderful instruments.” My eyes sparkled, at least that's what Ryeowook told me. Can't possibly see my own eyes, right? I don't carry a mirror with me all the time. I should soon find out an acquaintance did. “I didn't spare the other departments much attention though,” I added and stole another one of the apple pieces. This time my room mate hit my shin. “Get your own plate,” he said annoyed. “There's plenty over there.” He gestured to the buffet.

But then I need to walk,” I whined unconsciously. Ryeowook and Freaky Horse gave me odd looks. “What?”

Not to offend you or anything but...” my room mate started and picked an apple slice.

... don't ever do that again,” Siwon ended and patted my room mate's head assuringly. I gave them my seldom appearing clueless stare.

In other words, you're creeping them out,” Amber translated and plopped down beside me, a bowl full of cereals and a happy Henry in tow. He sat down on my right. “Here, I got you scrambled eggs,” he beamed. I couldn't help but reply his smile. He was too cute. Squishy squirrel.

Amber scrutinised me. “What did you do to Henry?” she demanded.

I frowned. “What makes you think I did anything?” I was just slightly offended.

You didn't make him your towel boy, did you?” she prodded and leaned closer. Automatically I leaned back. “No need to get so close,” I chided and pushed her. “I'm innocent. Henry and I just happen to be on the same wavelength, right?” I fished for support from the younger boy. To my relief he nodded enthusiastically at his sister. “Kyuhyun gege is amazing,” he stated.

Gege?” Ryeowook and I repeated. Apparently, both of us had no clue what that suffix meant.

It's the Chinese equivalent to the Korean 'hyung',” Freaky Horse explained and glanced at the siblings. “You're from China?” he asked. Amber grinned. “We lived there ten years and then moved to Korea.”

Siwon extended a hand. And more I can't describe cause he switched to what I guessed what Chinese. I judged it from Amber's surprised reaction and Henry's sudden outburst. I watched in fascination how fast his mouth moved compared to when he spoke in Korean. At least now I'd found out the reason why both of them had an accent. They were Chinese, who'd have guessed.

My room mate and I exchanged helpless looks while the other three people of our group happily talked in another tongue. Should I start learning Chinese? But then, it might be too much at once. After all, I had to begin with this country's language first. Not to mention getting used to this whole talent academy concept. Oh, and trying to avoid another incident with Shim jerk. I had my dose for the year. In the end I decided to eat my diner quietly. My room mate asked somewhere in the middle if I felt unwell again but I denied it. Playing pretend more energy than actually being sick.

The orientation was exhausting,” I mumbled and stifled a yawn. I couldn't believe it went the whole afternoon. I thought about the huge place and decided scratch that, it was plausible. “I wouldn't be surprised if I lose weight without working out,” I joked. Ryeowook laughed. “You do actually.” I raised an eyebrow. “I was quite chubby when I first came here,” he revealed. “Unlucky me had to cross the whole campus just to get to my classes. No workout needed, I promise you that.”

You weren't that bad,” Siwon cut in. Seemed they'd stopped their foreign language conversation. “You looked cute.” Cue, a blush. My room mate was so easy to read.”I wasn't,” Ryeowook denied and devoured the rest of his apple. Someone got a passion for them.

Henry yawned loudly, not bothering to cover his mouth. He rubbed his eyes and mumbled something in Chinese. Or was it English? Amber caught her brother's tiredness as a hint to leave. “It was nice meeting you,” she addressed Freaky Horse. He smiled charmingly and bowed. Overdoing it much. “The pleasure's all mine, milady,” he said and I groaned. He started again. And here I hoped he'd stopped his archaic speaking. Amber only looked at him quizzically and pulled her brother up. “See you around, good night,” she bid goodbye. We waved after them. “We should go, too,” Ryeowook suggested and followed Amber's example. “Don't overwork yourself,” he said to Freaky Horse and hugged him. “Sleep tight.” Freaky Horse grinned. “You two,too.”

We nodded and made our way back to the dorm. Now that I admitted my exhaustion our room seemed miles away. The 26 minutes and 12 seconds seemed endless, an eternity. I almost passed out at the front door. I fell down on the sheets with a happy squeal and relaxed my muscles. “You're not going to shower?” Ryeowook asked incredulously. I gave him a thumb up. “I showered three days ago. Still four days left,” I informed him. He gasped in shock. “You shower once a week?” he shrieked. I gave no reply. Speaking was energy draining. “I dare you to stink all over the place,” my room mate threatened me before he grabbed his things for his shower. “I'm back in fifteen minutes.” With that he left the room and me by myself.

It was suddenly quiet. That was when I realised I would sleep with another person in the same room. Of course, I knew this would happening but the past nights Ryeowook slept at home – that's what he told me. Didn't care if that was true or not. Something in his eyes had made me not believe his explanation. But we weren't that close to talk about those private things yet.

Now, we would share the same air and I wondered if the other had some bad sleeping habits; snoring – like my dad, sleepwalking – like Heechul, eating – whoever did that, whatever. Just to get to know there lurked something else behind the cheerful face. Something horrible. Believe me, if you saw what I've seen you would want every bad sleeping habit in exchange for the torture my eyes had to experience.

It was when Ryeowook returned from his shower and changed into his night wear that I wished I've shared a room with either a snorer or a sleepwalker. Anything but this.

It had to be a bad joke.

What the hell is that?” I yelled in horror. My room mate turned around questioningly.

What?”

That!” I pointed at the clothes he wore. He gave me strange look. “Pyjamas. Don't tell me you don't know them in Korea.”

Of course we do,” I scoffed. How stupid does this guy think I am? My intelligence passed his in length I bet. “I mean the fabric.”

Oh? Silk, why?”

Exactly, silk. What are you, an old man?” I looked at his sleep wear in disgust. Never in my life would I wear something horrendous like that. Over my dead body. “No sane guy wears something ugly as that.”

Ryeowook in some air. “I like it.”

There must be something wrong with your retina,” I stated and shuddered. It wasn't only the fabric, the colour was just as awful. What was that, aubergine-coloured?! Even old grannies picked more stylish colours!

It's not like I force you to wear them,” my room mate sulked and flopped on his bead. Seconds later he pretended to sleep. I rolled my eyes at his childishness. A ratty room mate, that figures. And it was all because of that damn Shim Changmin and those ugly silk pyjamas! Gosh, what have I done wrong, huh?