Good Day Turns Bad.

My Life!

Good Day Turns Bad.

Except the annoying tone of my alarm my morning begun great. I woke up in a great mood, got tasty pancakes as breakfast – think what you want it's the best you could get at nine ante meridiem (am for those who never heard of Latin) – a wonderful not rushed shower using my sister's expensive shampoo and a relaxed walk to school where I met up with my long-time friend Kim Heechul because stepping inside the school building alone is just not cool. And having no brains neither.

As always we updated each other about the stupid people we met or saw; in Heechul's case timid, indecisive, unfashionable creatures called humans and in mine those who're too idiotic to lead a simple logical life. Tragic, tragic. Then we proceeded in greeting classmates – connections were important – and after that rather exhausted procedure cause there were people who talked and talked and talked and you got bored, more bored and the worst: bored to the extent you wanna crawl back in your bed and sleep when the first class is your favourite. Not because of the subject or the teacher. Am I mainstream and dull, or what? It's because of the girls who still looked pleasant to the eyes thanks to their fresh make-up and styled hair. The longer the day the more horrible their looks got.

Acid attack on one's retina, as Heechul would phrase it. He always knew how to make the most insulting comments sound intelligent.

You've heard of the new student in our class?” Heechul asked when I found the most comfortable position in my chair. I mean, they're not exactly soft and definitely not health-promoting for my poor . Those with big ones were lucky. Poor me. Anyway, at the question I blinked. “Huh? New student?” Haven't heard anything of that sort. Though that could be the fault of the new documentary about black holes expanding in our universe that came out a few days ago. It was totally mesmerising. Worth to watch. Plus, you got bonus points in physics.

Heechul sighed dramatically as he always did when I wasn't informed in the important aspects of teenagers' lives.

Rumours say he comes from a renowned academy in Germany,” he revealed in a low voice. I raised an eyebrow. “Rumours or you?” I teased and Heechul hit the back of my head. I didn't complain. Hits increased one's intellectual capacity. “It's one and the same,” my friend chided and continued, “I haven't gotten his name yet but he's supposed to be in our class for this half year and then go back to Germany and end his education there.”

You're well-informed.”

Heechul waved a hand. “It's the basics of the basics. As longs as he meets my criteria he shouldn't bother my wonderful life in school and outside.”

I rolled my eyes. His criteria. There were a handful and if you wanted to associate with Kim Heechul you have to meet at least tow of them. For your sake and my boredom I'll list them:

1st: bobby-dazzler (scale set by Heechul himself)

2nd: intelligence + repartee (that's a given and no, knowing Latin isn't considered being intelligent)

3rd: fashionable (sometimes changed to fashionista if Heechul prefers someone else)

4th: backbone + deep character (poems and lyrics, just saying)

And the most important thing; you have to be to his liking. So no fake act or behaviour, else you get kicked in the . If you're a masochist, run away. Heechul knows the best non-torture to torture you. Just saying.

If he comes from another country is he able to communicate here?” I wondered and as expected my friend filled me in. “He speaks Korean, English, German and some other languages, phrases, whatever. There shouldn't be a problem, Kim Kyu.”

I hate that nickname.”

Fine, is chubby thing better?”

I narrowed my eyes.“You talked too much with my sister.”

Heechul clicked his tongue. ”To my defence, she talked, I listened. Can't help it when my ears function great.”

I ignored him and thought over the news I've received. A foreigner as a new student. What would he look like? I haven't seen one except some stars on posters and they aren't the best example for the ordinary citizen. My trail of thoughts were interrupted by the teacher and answered by the person following her.

Tall. The guy was ing tall. I came to the conclusion he'd must eaten too many growth-enhancing substances. Definitely. Damn, I had to make sure to never stand beside him or I look like a dwarf. What humiliation. There existed no dwarfs with intelligence. I'd be reduced to a normal human.

And he wasn't a foreigner. My disappointment was endless. Here I was looking forward to some new culture expansion in the little town I lived. But now, he had to belong to the same ethnicity! And don't come me with he lived in Germany, of course he comes from another culture. I'm aware of that, thank you very much. But he's Asian, Korean to be exact when he announced his name. He fused two cultures into one. His point of view isn't pure anymore, got it? So he's useless. My curiosity wouldn't be defer indefinitely then.

If you thought that was the of my bad day you're wrong. It was the beginning of a horrendous half year. If I had known what I'll have to experience in the near future I'd had shoot the new guy back to where he came from the moment he set a foot in this classroom. But that part of the story comes later.

The teacher's voice brought me back and I looked up. For the split of a second the guy's eyes and my met and I felt something strange in my stomach. Then the moment was over. “I hope you treat your new classmate kindly,” the teacher said and gave us a stern look. “I'm sure he got interesting stories to tell.” She turned to the new guy. What was his name? I'd forgotten it. “Please take any free seat available.”

He nodded and thanked her quietly. Some of the lower brain capacity girls squealed and giggled when he walked past them. Unashamed they stared after him as he chose a seat in the middle I think belonged to someone who'd moved away. Don't ask for a name. He isn't important.

Without ceremony the teacher started her lesson and I focussed my attention on the blackboard where definitions over historical awareness and historical culture appeared. Oh, theory. Why in the first period? Out of my eyes I saw Heechul typing away on his phone. Way to go. A new love interest probably. He always had someone knew while I remained single. Happy single. I preferred life without the added stress relationships brought. No, thanks.

A strange feeling though made me lose concentration. As if a pair of eyes stared intensely at my back. I withstood the urge to turn around. No need to lose face. And the class was important for the test next week. A test I haven't learnt for yet. Heechul's to blame.

Still, the unnerving feeling someone was watching me irked me and made me miss some notes the teacher said in form of subsidiary comments. One part of my brain which had given up on ignoring the bother jumped from conclusion to conclusion who the owner of those eyes could be and stopped by the transfer student. Nobody else in our class had given me a strong stare during lessons before and won't ever. There wasn't one interested in me – which I was thankful for. Most of my classmates were plain stupid in certain aspects of life. Wouldn't have been a pleasure to mingle with them. My sister defended the strong opinion I gave off a sapioual vibe that's why no one dared to evolve themselves in romantic thoughts regarding my person. Sure, sapioual. I snorted at that thought and unfortunately caught the teacher's attention. “Is there a problem, Kyuhyun?” She asked sweetly though her appearance was deceitful. She could become a real beast on bad days. On those days I rather watched horror films, and I couldn't stand those. Today she seemed to be in a so-so mood. Not much better.

No, Ms Bean,” I replied in a apologetic voice. “Everything's fine. I just had something in my nose.” I swore I heard a menacing noise behind me. But I didn't dare to look away. Detention wasn't something I was keen on experiencing. Especially on a day where I intended to visit the near orphan house. Wouldn't have guessed, huh? Me being socially active. That's racist in a stereotype kind of way, y'know? Nerd can be social, too. Not that I'm one but me being smart and stuff would lead to that very unintelligent conclusion I'm one of those lame characters in typical high school films or whatever. K-Dramas ain't better. For your information: I don't wear glasses nor do I have bush or coconut head shaped hair (Ned's declassified School Survival Guide, ring a bell?) or worse; wear a bowler hat. Am I an eco freak or what.

Anyway, after I received a glare from the lovely Ms Bean (she wasn't) the lesson continued. The second she turned back to the board Heechul threw a little paper on my desk. I gave him a funny look because really? A little paper? Were we girls? I still opened it and read whatever my friend wrote there. I told you she's ually unsatisfied. She screams frustration. Probably on her period, too. I had to grin. It demanded a lot of control not to burst into laughter. Thankfully I did have that necessary control. Once again I was grateful for my father's gene. To my mother as well. Wouldn't have these good looks if not for her. Self-praise is very important for your self-esteem. A healthy amount. Heechul's the best example for too much. Don't ask me how he does it but he manages to throw in a praise about himself in whatever conversation and make himself the main person in any occasion your mind can produce. Annoying and fascinating at once. I'm waiting for the day where someone beats him. It won't be in high school though. Look at all those plain people here. No wonder Heechul has a puffed up ego. Can't blame him really.

I scribbled something back and the paper returned to its place. Heechul smirked at my remark and gave me a thumbs up. Of course he would agree. That woman was bipolar to the maximum. Must have resulted from her lonely and pathetic single life. I'm not badmouthing any single. I'm one myself and rather enjoy it. I'm not interested in a relationship anyway. Too bothersome and a pain in the , especially for my wallet.

I sighed and tried my best to concentrate on the teacher's writing though the ominous feeling of someone watching me stayed. In the end I couldn't beat my curiosity and looked behind me. My breath hitched when my eyes locked with the new student. Once again the strange coiling in my belly returned and I had to gulp. Damn, what a strong gaze. It cost me a good amount of energy to break the contact and turn around. My heart beat fast and my stomach churned at an unnatural pace. I feared to throw up any moment and considered to leave to avoid further embarrassment. Lucky me didn't have to wait too long before the teacher ended her class and left. I took the chance and jumped out my chair and almost run out the classroom to get a breeze of fresh air. Heechul raised an eyebrow at my departing, however, showed no intention to follow me. Well, it wasn't like I needed his company or anything. I was very much able to look out for myself. Mostly Heechul let me get some steam off and then joined me and gave me comfort in his ridiculous only the universe understands way.

In my best friend's case I have to listen to his complains till he's finished and then watch a Disney film with him. After that he's happy again. It works fairly well for us and don't plan to change that, hence my annoyance when I heard steps behind me and a hand grab my arm. More cliché wasn't possible now, was it? I bet next I was shoved against the wall and hear either overused lines like “I never thought I met someone like you” or threatening words aka “Annoy me more and I make your school life hell”. Though I did wonder why Heechul would use those words. Not his style. He does it the extravagant and exquisite Heechul-style. Well, the fog surrounding this mystery lifted when I came face to face with the most unexpected person. Or not as unexpected as I thought when I remember the scene not long ago in the classroom. I blame the shock I was still under for asking a lame and totally stupid question: “Can I help you...?”

No , Sherlock, a voice in my head mocked me. When someone's following you of course he wants something. God, you're as stupid as those es in the senior year. Ah, the luck of having a conscience.

The transfer student smirked. I wanted to wipe it off his visage. Why did he rile me up with just staring – here smirking – at me?

I saw you rushing out after class,” the guy who's name wasn't familiar yet observed. “You're okay?”

What? I blinked, thrown off guard. Could it be possible he cared for someone he didn't know? One of those selfless people I haven't met that often. Too nervous to formulate words I nodded. The other didn't seem convince if the hold on my arm was anything to go by. “You're sure?” he assured himself. “Maybe you couldn't handle me.”

Say that again?

The smirk grew. “You didn't get a crush on me, did you? I'm handsome after all.”

Excuse me?” I choked. I couldn't believe my ears. My assumption were wrong. He was worse than Heechul in his worst state – and that meant something.

The guy patted my head. I wasn't a pet! “It's alright, puppy. I kinda like you. You remind me of someone's sister. She's also lost with words when she sees me.”

Puppy? Who allowed him to give me nickname! And a dumb one on top of it. And I never heard a person talk crap like that. Damn, the newcomer was way too full of himself. “Don't touch me!” I hissed and slapped his hand away. He had nice fingers though. I want sculpted hands, too.

Hold on, wrong train of thoughts. Concentrate at the matter on hands. “First, I don't care who I remind you of,” I made clear. I wouldn't become a victim of bullying! I'm too smart for that. “Second, dunno what's wrong with your head, but pull this stunt at someone else. I ain't interested, alright?”

Now you got me even more interested,” the uninvited guest smirked and dared to take a step closer. My hand stopped him from coming any closer. “Hold it right here, snob,” I hissed. “Look for someone else. You have the girls in our class already in the palm of your hand. Pick one of them. And if you prefer guys which I guess is true else you wouldn't be here, would you, there are enough homouals in this school. And for your information: I have only interest in my future, so shoo.” I motioned for him to vanish in thin air and to my endless bliss he did. Of course he said some words I ignored. My brain was way too important to be stuffed with useless things. Who would've guessed I've got into a quarrel with a new student on his first day? Life sure was a surprise event. And it got some tricks up his sleeve that appeared in the changing rooms. Because today just happened to be P.E. Ain't I lucky? Lots of half- sweaty guys who could get kinda desperate. Or mislead by their libido.

So my good day gone bad went on like this: unsuspecting I headed to the locker rooms, with Heechul in tow. A very unwilling Heechul. He'd intended to ditch this class (again) and only my great persuasive powers pretended him from doing so (again). You wonder what method I used? Easy. I painted vivid images of hot guys changing their clothes with colourful words and sold them as the greatest opportunity one could get in one's lifetime. Heechul wasn't gay though. He preferred the female population over the male. But that didn't stop him from leering at other boys' bodies. Who wouldn't? I do it, too. And I bet girls do it also. Check and compare. The most normal behaviour of a teenager. Only there were those who didn't understand the word 'limit'. You shall not be surprised the transfer student belonged to that category. Ah, maybe he even invented the cross-the-border-cause-I'm-a-selfish-bastard faction. Of course, I stood alone with my opinion. The girls were swooning over his looks and charms – seriously, appearance isn't all, you shallows. The boys were intrigued by the way the snob walked and talked – make him the student council president if you find him so great, and since we're already there, let him candidate for the presidential elections.

There was downright a dog-like crowd surrounding him when we reached the gym. I couldn't believe it. He transferred here only a couple of hours ago and had half of the class crawl to his feet. What kind of black magic did he use? Definitely not the one this girl group utilized to pay back those es and help low self-esteem people. I would eat a rag if there was tiny bit of social awareness in the handsome head of that arrogant jerk. Please ignore the adjective I used. It slipped my mind. See it as a pity vote.

Anyway, the moment Heechul and I headed to our lockers – technically they belonged to everyone but we used always the same one, so they were ours - the transfer student bid goodbye to his shameless fanboys and fangirls and entered the room followed by our classmates.

The king and his royal household have arrived,” I whispered to Heechul and he chuckled. That caught the newcomer's attention and his gaze flew over to us and rest on me. Damn. If he dared to pull another stunt I'd sent him to hell. I didn't need additional troubles. In the end the other just smirked and returned to his conversation with three members of the basketball team. Probably trying to recruit him, I thought. Tall he was.

Wait, what did I care? He was nothing than an arsehole from begin with. I shouldn't bother with his existence. At this part let me tell you something: If someone bothers you, don't.ignore.it. I'm serious. This method sent me in the following mess. You wanna know what happened? Fine, I tell you.

After we changed and standing in two rows were ready to face whatever hardships our evil teacher prepared for us I felt the same feeling of someone staring intently at me. Of course, by now I knew who the culprit was and therefore ignored it. Even when a gust of warm breath caressed my skin I acted as if nothing was wrong. After all our teacher hated when we didn't listen. She was even nastier than Ms Bean. Maybe they were related over several generations. Anyway, I was saved by the creepy approach by the sound of the whistle announcing the start of the game. I groaned when I saw the line-up. Basketball. My luck couldn't get any better. And to top it all my nemesis – the transfer student for all of you who're slow – was on the different team looking smug. Urgh, I so want to punch him in his damn face. I, along with Heechul, were the only ones in the girl team. Call about unfairness. Heechul sent me a look that indicated it was my fault. I shrugged my shoulders. Spacing out wasn't a crime. And if was that bastard over there who was of fault. If not for him I would have reacted faster when the teams were divided. Now I was stuck with giggling and yelping females whenever the transfer student got near them and threw a bucket.

And for reasons I still haven't comprehend yet I suddenly stood in his way and tried to block him. Courageous much. Sadly, I wasn't a genius in sports to begin with and tripped over my shoelace. What came next should be obvious. Due to my shoes and legs conspiring against me I lost balance and toppled in the approaching transfer student. Unconsciously I grabbed his shirt and took him with me to the ground. He lost his grip on the ball and I used the chance to throw it to one of my teammates who gave me a thumbs up and headed to the opponent's basket. Only then I noticed the strange position I was in: without a damn care in the world the punk laid under me while I sat across his lap. My eyes widened in shock. I mean, what would you feel when you sit on another guy who you declared as your nemesis – even though he didn't do much yet? And to make it worse I saw Heechul wiggle his eyebrows and made motions I didn't desire to interpret

Never knew you were so eager to ride me,” the soon to be misery of my life said. I blinked at him, and then his hands which he'd placed on my waist. It took me some time to process his words. It left me speechless. What was wrong with this jerk? And that damn bastard had the audacity to smirk!

I'm eager to punch you in your jewels,” I hissed and pushed myself up. I ignored his “Mhm, feisty” remark. How to deal with pricks? Any suggestions? Cause I had the feeling I've got myself an annoying appendage. One I wasn't fond of.

My blood was boiling and fuelled my desire to make him loose his face. So, for a second time I stepped in his way after the play proceeded. With the difference I didn't trip on my shoelaces. Being embarrassed once was enough. Now I would embarrass him. When he got closer and slowed down, a mix of a curious and arrogant expression on his face, I sent him a smirk. He raised an eyebrow. “You know,” I whispered close to his ear, hands sneaking lower, “what kind of persons I hate the most?” He didn't answer, though I could feel his curiosity rise by the way he leaned forward. “Conceited, narcissistic arseholes like you.”

I backed off with the ball in my hands, grinning triumphantly at Heechul who seemed confused. I hold up a finger, a sign for him to wait. Two seconds later I felt steps behind me and than loud laughter, accompanied by high pitch shrieks (probably bliss). I turned around to see the transfer student standing still, eyes wide in shock as he stared down at his trunks which were pooled around his ankles. Our eyes met and I commented: “Nice boxers.”

The boys howled louder, pointing at the pink underwear. The transfer student clenched his teeth. “You'll regret this,” he growled. A few girls nearby sighed. Why did they get by furious guys?

Come at me,” I shot back and threw the ball at him.

Let the war begin.