006

Act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night she knew.

She knew this would be one of the most memorable moments of her life. She also knew that she would need it in the future to keep her strong.

Father's friend decided to invite her at the breakfast table the next morning. He bragged about how magnificent the party had been. He was talking her ears off and she really just wanted to catch up on sleep.

“The party was extravagant, wasn't it, Atlass?”

“Yes.”

He had broken her out of her daydreams.

“You met my son, Kai.”

“Do you want to know my truth? I'm a product of my father cheating with a woman 3 times his senior. I wish I had lived a normal life like yours. I wasn't treated the way I am because I have a unique gift. I'm scared and lonely.”

“Yes, he’s...gentle.” She spoke.

"Gentle. I dont think anyone has every honoured my son with that term.” He laughed. He didn't seem to believe her words.

“I think other people are only basing their toughts about your son on a first impression basis and don't deserve him.” She said honestly. He was flabbergasted but nodded his head in appreciation.

“That's what I believe too.”

“How has your stay been, Suho?”

“Its been good, thank you. I was hoping to spend more time with my daughter today.”

She rolled her eyes and Sooyoung gave her a hard look.

“I think she deserves at least that.”

“Yes, the annual festival is today. You might want to spend your time there.”

“I'll definitely consider that.”

“Want to get out of here?” A voice softly whispered in her ear causing her to knee the table when she jumped out of fright, alerting the adults.

“Sorry.” She apologized embarrassed.

“Son. How nice of you to join us this morning.” His father stood up to greet him but Kai told him not to waste his breath.

“I will be leaving soon with Atlass.”

She looked up at him in surprise. When had she agreed to anything?

“Atlass, you didn't tell me you were leaving. Did you plan on ditching your father today?” He laughed passing it off as a joke but she was in no mood to joke. Not with him.

“Yes.”

His laughed quickly died down and he fixed his suit before focusing on something on his plate.

Kai grabbed her hand and quickly dragged her down through the front doors towards a carriage that was awaiting them.

“You planned this.”she accused.

“I want you to have fun instead of being locked away in that miserable house.” He dragged her in to the carriage.What he said to her remin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter