001

Act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she received a letter from her assumed 'Father' she didn't realize the turmoil it would cause to her family.That it would cause her mother to crumble.

Her mother was a tiny petite woman whose very life revolved around her family. Not once did she ever mention her 'father'. She played both roles in their household. Her sister Georgina was the splitting image of her mother. She was tiny and petite with black hair to adorn her olive skin. Atlass on the other hand had platinum hair and she was as pale as the snow littering the ground outside the cottage.

She believed the reason her mother never talked about him is because she resembled him in every way imaginable, but when this letter arrived on their doorstep moist with snow she was forced to face reality.

Dear Atlass,

                     I apologize for writing such a personal letter to you at such an older age.It has taken me a great deal of time to find your whereabouts.I would like to talk with you personally face to face in due time,The spring perhaps.Your mother will know how to contact me.

Sincerely,

Your father, Suho Oh

It wasn't the reference at the bottom of the letter that was surprising, but how formal and blunt the letter was. Her 'Father' had written her a letter to invite her to finally meet him as if she was a noble of the royal court that was being dismissed. The letter was short and to the point.

If her mother knew how to contact him, why had it taken so long for him to find her? She understood her mother liked hiding them from society, but if she could contact him, why hadn't she?

The moment the letter touched her mother's hands she began weeping. She allowed the letter, soakin in tears to fall, from her grasp before she tugged her down with her to her knees for comfort 

Her mother was a strong woman. She lived in a society in which women were to stay at home and clean while husbands worked. Her mother didn't have a husband and had to use her dowery to pay for the land they had so she could provide for her children. In the 17 years of her life she had never seen her mother cry until that day.

That's how she ended up here in this carriage. Her mother isolated herself from them for a month. She just stared out the window towards the old dirt road contemplating the decisions she had made that led her to that moment. Mother finally told her that her father was a rich overseer for their country tertitory and chose to live a more peaceful life out on the countryside away from his work. She said he sent a money order to them quarterly every year to keep them well and to take care of them. He had been contacting mother since she was around 7 wanting to see his daughter. She declined, not ready to face him, but this year he had become fed up and threatened to stop sending money if he didnt see his child.

So here she was dressed up in her most valuable church clothes in a sleek black carriage on the paved stones roads of Fornington. Mother wasn't overexaggerating whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter