039

Act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain.

Heavens tears.

Well, thats what they say it was.That rain was from heaven crying over the deceased soul.That is represent a clensing of emotion and a rebirth, but to Atlass it did not feel that way.She did not feel like her mother’s death cleansed her frim the emotional burden she carried if anything it felt like her most heaviest.

For once, Atlass was dressed in all black.A lace knitt mask covered her red face and swollen eyes.She stood next to her Father in his embrace under his umbrella. She watched as her sister layed down the last rose upon her casket.Her placed her black gloves back on and stood over by her father.

There were not many people that had attended.Old friends came to say good and a few who just wanted to share comfort, but Atlass didnt want comfort she wanted peace of mind.She wanted to stop thinking about how all of this was her fault, how it all could have ended differently.

Atlass ate quietly as old friends shared stories about her mother in the past.Her mothers friends werent around much as her mother was always hiding away from social aspects of life.They laughed and sang, stuffing their mouths with pies.

“May i be excused.”she whispered, but she knew suhos sensitive ear could hear her.He turned and nodded.

He watched as Atlass slowly walked out from the small home.He quickly excused him self and headed out the door.He followed her down the small road to the lake again.He allowed her to softly cry as she had done all week.He knew what grief felt like.

“Why?-Why didnt you take me with you?”She asked.He never answered. “Why didnt you take me away!”She pushed.She was angry with herself and now with him.He allowed her to push him, hitting him til she grew tired.

"Why did you leave me here?Killing my mother.If you had taken me away she would still be alive.Living and breathing.My sister wouldnt hate me!”She screamed.She cried deep into his chest, giving up on her useless attacks.He tightened his grip holding her in his arms.When her cries died down into a soft whimper.

“Your mother was destined to die the moment we laid eyes on eachother.”Atlass took her face out of his shirt and look up at him.Suho simply digged his hankerchief out of his pocket. “It was not just you.She spent many years around my family before she left.She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter