035

Act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, mind if I play?” Corneilus asked.

An annual celebration was being held and were so familiar, they no longer held Seymour’s interest.He had snuck out to play marbles on the balcony away from the guests.He turned to see the small red headed boy he despised.Of course, he didnt know that.

“I dont wanna play with you.”Seymour lifted his nose in the air and continued playing by himself.The young boys smile fell.

“I understand.”Corneilus face turned into a frown before he slowly walked out, but not before checking back behind him towarda the other young boy.He sighed before closing the french doors behind him. “

You beat me at sword, you beat me at archery, you beat me at knives and now you want to beat me at marbles too.” Seymour mumbled under his breathe.

“You know thats not the way to speak to your superior Seymour”A figure appeared from the side.He was watching in the shadows.His nephew never enjoyed the company of other kids.

“I know.” achil sulked.He was going to have to sit through a scolding.

“You know when I was your age, I didn't like my superiors either.”He commented.Seymour scoffed and continued playing marbles by himself.

“ How could you have superiors, your a king.”Seymour was being sarcastic.Seymour was only 12 years of age but He did know what was right.

“ of course, I did.You always need someone one to teach you.”He said.He looked at his nephew who continued to play the game disinterested in what he had to say.

“ Dont mind me,I'm old, i wouldnt have any wisdom or anything.” he stretched closing eyes but peaking out one eye to watch his nephew as he played miserably by himself.

“But just remember.”he said “Marbles is a 2 player game.You’l never win if you do it by yourself.”he shrugged leaning against the railing.

“ I guess i’ll just never win ,then.” he said as the ruff wind picked up.He watched as his nephew fumbled around the balls as his hands shook.He sighed turning his attention back towards the party behind the french doors.Seymour reminded him of himself, he never was one for parties.He saw the way the women gossiped along the crowd and males made business deals along the sidelines.

His attention focused on the couple that was dancing fluidly between the crowd of people.the man smiled joyfully at the women.His blonde hair shined from all the gel used to slick it back.The women hair was long and black that fell into beautiful doll curls.Her dress was pure white with dazzling gems.She was a dream.The couple stopped dancing as they were interrupted by another couple.

“Where’s father?” A sweet voice took him out of his trance.He coughed before looking towards his nephew who was looking at him awaiting an answer.

“He is discussing something with the Carbs.”He said watching how the two men talked and the young women were left alone to entertain themshelves.He heard Seymour sigh.Seymour was always down when he his father was busy.He ruffled the boys hair ignoring his complaints before kneeling down by his side.

“I don't understand why he mingles with them, Isn't he still upset about...”Seymour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter