Chapter 9

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

After our encounter with Jessica sunbaenim and Dara, we walk out of the building to go to our next schedule.

 

“They really have resemblance.” Kai said.

 

“Yeah, because they have the same parents.” D.O. said blankly.

 

“Let’s walk faster so we can start listening on the radio from the beginning.” I said and started to walk faster.

 

“Ehh. You just want to listen to Dara.” Sehun said teasingly.

 

“I do not.” I denied.

 

“You don’t have to keep it from us.” Xiumin hyung said. “We already know you are crushing on her.” He said chuckling.

 

“What are you talking about?” I said horrified. How could they conclude such things?!

 

“Oh come on Baekhyun-ah.” Chen said slinging his arm around me. “We keep on catching you looking at her every second.”

 

Chanyeol walked closer to me and sling his arm around me also. “And besides, we’ve never seen you like this before.”

 

“I- I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said and remove their arms around me.

 

When we reached the doors of the building, the fans started to shout and call our names.

 

“Omo, omo, omo! Kai oppa!”

 

“Aaaaaaahhhh! Suho oppa!”

 

“Baekhyun oppa!”

 

“You’re so handsome Chanyeol oppa.”

 

“Xiumin oppa is so cute.”

 

We stop for a little while to give the fans autographs and pictures. We only stopped when our manager called us saying we are gonna be late.

 

Climbing up our vans, I quickly said to the driver to turn the radio on and they exactly started when we tuned in.

 

I heard someone laugh behind me. “Look at Baekhyun.” Suho hyung said, but I didn’t mind them since I’m too focused on the radio.

 

“Shh! It’s starting.” I said.

 

“Nae, annyeonghaseyo once again.” Leeteuk hyung said.

 

“We are here with another guest.” Eunhyuk hyung said.

 

“You should add the ‘s’ to the ‘guest’ because two beautiful ladies are here with us.” Leeteuk hyung said.

 

“Ah, mianhe.” Eunhyuk hyung said. “Anyways, let us all welcome the ever beautiful and y, Sandara!” We could hear them cheered loudly and enthusiastically. “And her older sister Jessica.” When they introduced Jessica sunbaenim, the said it plainly.

 

“This hyungs are really funny.” Sehun said while chuckling.

 

“Waeyo?! Why did you introduce me like that?” We heard Jessica sunbaenim said. “Ahh, such rude DJ’s. I think it was a mistake bringing along my sister.”

 

“A-aniyo.” We heard Leeteuk hyung said. “Eunhyuk-shi, let’s just introduce her again.”

 

“Nae.” The hyung cleared their throat and said. “The crowd’s favorite ice princess and the woman who keeps on breaking the heart of the guys, Jessica!”

 

“Yah! Aish, jinjja.” Jessica sunbae said. You really wouldn’t know what these hyungs would say next. “You guys should really be replaced.”

 

Both of them only laugh at Jessica sunbae’s comment.

 

“Anyways, Jessica, say something to your fans who’s listening right now.” Eunhyuk hyung said.

 

“Ah, nae. Annyeong to all the people who is listening on today’s broadcast. You agree with me that these two should be replaced right? Kkk.” Jessica sunbae said.

 

“Ahhh. Don’t be like that.” Leeteuk hyung said. “I would like to thank you for bringing along your sister here.”

 

“It was nothing.” Jessica sunbae said. “Dara-yah, say something.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo yeoreobun.” Dara said.

 

“Her voice is really cute.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“You find it cute too?” Kai asked surprised. “I thought I was the only one who finds it cute.”

 

“Baekhyun-ah, her voice is cute right?” I heard Chen asked. Aish. Here they go again.

 

“Yeah.” I said. “And keep quiet. I’m listening.”

 

The others tease me instead. They keep poking my sides and say, ‘ayyyie!’

 

Sigh. They really are annoying sometimes.

 

“Yah! I said stop it.” I shouted and tried to avoid their hands. “Hyung! Make them stop.” I said to Suho hyung.

 

“Wae? You don’t like them teasing you to Dara?” He asked playfully.

 

“Yes, because it’s annoying.” I said still avoiding their hands.

 

“Annoying?” Xiumin hyung raised his eyebrow. “Or because it’s true.”

 

Before I could respond, the guys attacked me and tickle until I was lying on the floor of the van and couldn’t breathe.

 

“Yah! Haha. S-stop. Hahaha! It.” I said

 

“No hyung. Not until you tell the truth.” Sehun said.

 

“No!” I shouted.

 

They tickled me harder.

 

“Just say it Baekhyun.” Lay hyung said.

 

“Fine! Fine! Fine!” I keep on shouting. “I find her interesting. And I think I might, I repeat, MIGHT, be crushing on her.” I said catching my breath.

 

“Ayyyie! Baekhyun and Dara sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Chanyeol suddenly sang it loudly. Picking the pillow on my chair, I throw it on his face. Good thing it hit his face.

 

“Alright, now that he confessed it…” Suho hyung said.

 

“More like force out.” I said.

 

“We can now continue listening on the radio.” Suho hyung said.

 

“Yes, I’m releasing my full album.” We heard Jessica sunbae said.

 

“Oh! That’s great! The last time you release an album was I think two years ago right?” Eunhyuk said.

 

“Ah, yeah.” Jessica sunbae said.

 

“When would your album be release?” Leeteuk hyung said.

 

“Uhm, I still don’t know yet. Maybe by the end of this month or probably next month.” Jessica sunbae said.

 

“Waa. I’m sure your fans would buy it immediately.” Leeteuk hyung said.

 

“I hope so. Yeoreobun, you would buy my album right? Right?” Jessica sunbae said.

 

“Kkkk. Sandara-shi.” Eunhyuk hyung said.

 

“Nae?”

 

“How does it feel being one of the most sought model in Korea and probably around the world?” Eunhyuk hyung asked.

 

“Uhh, I don’t know.” Dara said. “I feel grateful, I guess? I never really think much of those things.” She shyly said.

 

“Waaah. Daebak.” Sehun said.

 

“I wish we could do a photoshoot with her.” Xiumin hyung said.

 

I wouldn’t disagree on that one. I too would want to have a photoshoot with her, or maybe a drama with her.

 

“Would you agree on working on a photoshoot with me?” Leeteuk hyung asked.

 

“Uhh, yeah. If ever you have a project like that, I would love too.” Dara answered.

 

“For all of the companies out there, you can me and I’m sure you will also have Dara with me.” Leeteuk hyung said and we heard them chuckle at that.

 

“How about you Jessica? How do you feel about that to Dara?” Eunhyuk hyung said.

 

“I’m really proud.” Jessica sunbae said proudly. “Who wouldn’t feel like that when your sister achieve that things? Ahh. You’ve grown so well.”

 

“Ah. Gomawo.” Dara said.

 

“Jessica-shi, would Dara be featured in some of your songs?” Leeteuk hyung asked.

 

“Ah, that’s a secret.” Sunbae said playfully. “They have to buy the album to know.”

 

“So sneaky.” They hyungs said.

 

“Sandara-shi, do you plan on being an idol after you graduate?” Eunhyuk hyung asked.

 

“Uhh, maybe. I still don’t know.” Dara said. “But I’m not closing my doors on that kind of opportunity.”

 

I wonder what it would be like if she would become an idol too. Where entertainment would she sigh? Well, probably under their family’s entertainment.

 

After a few minutes, we didn’t get to finish listening on the radio because we arrived on our next schedule.

 

-----

 

Its already 9 in the evening and we just left the auditorium feeling so tired and hungry. I think the fan meeting went for like 7-8 hours, but I didn’t mind though. As long as I can make our fans happy, that’s okay with me.

 

“Hyung! When are we going to eat?” I heard Sehun groaned.

 

“When we get to your house.” Manager hyung said. “I already order your dinner and we just have to pick it up.”

 

“Yes!” We all cheered at what he said.

 

“You will also have a fan meeting on Beijing.” Manager hyung said and we all groaned after. “We’re gonna leave by 7 in the morning and most probably we can be back by 4 or 5 in the afternoon.”

 

The van stop when the traffic light goes red. I was looking on the window when I noticed a car stopped besides us. I wasn’t going to pay attention to it when the window was rolled down.

 

There revealed Dara looking at the sky. The wind was blowing her hair, but I think she didn’t mind though. It looks like she’s even enjoying it.

 

“Waah! Daebak. Daebak!” I heard someone shouted and leaned against me and squishing me. “Hyungs! Look. Palli! It’s Dara-shi.” Sehun said while pointing at Dara.

 

“The destiny is with you right now Baekhyun.” Suho hyung said chuckling. The guys are now looking at my side and looked at Dara.

 

I heard a window opening and I looked at Sehun, who is still leaning against me, rolling the window down.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” I asked incredulously. Sehun just ignored me and the window was fully rolled down.

 

“Dara!” He shouted.

 

Dara jump in surprise and looked at us who are now looking at her.

 

“Who’s that?” I heard someone said in her car. Jessica sunbae looked also at us and seemed to be in surprised also. “Oh, annyeong.”

 

“Annyeong sunbae.” We said and waved our hands.

 

“Where are you going sunbae?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“Home. How about you guys?” Jessica sunbae said.

 

“Same sunbae.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Where did you go after your guesting on the radio?” Dara asked.

 

“We had a fan meeting.” I said. I could feel the guys looking at me teasingly.

 

“Oh. Okay.” She said. The traffic light goes green and our cars started to move. Dara stuck out her tongue in front of us before she rolled back up her window.

 

“Ah, kyeowo.” Xiumin hyung said.

 

“Waah. Look at Baekhyun’s face.” Chanyeol said.

 

I glared at him. He’s gonna start teasing me again, and I’m sure that the others are gonna follow.

 

After our encounter with Jessica sunbae and Dara, we drive to get our order and went home. When we got there, we immediately ate our dinner and prepare our things for tomorrow.