Chapter 16

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

I couldn’t forget the day Dara said those words to me. Somehow, it made me feel special. I felt like, she trust me since you usually don’t say those words to some person you don’t trust.

 

Months pass by and school and our schedules couldn’t be more hectic. When Nichkhun told us that we won’t be bored by the programs here, he was right. Every program feels like a party. I really applaud the student council for that.

 

We’ve gone closer with the girls too. There are some days that we would be eating out with them. When they found out about it, of course rumors spread like wild fire. They said that some of us are dating the girls but, SM shuts down those rumors though.

 

And the drastic change in Dara couldn’t go unnoticed. She’s laughing more, she’s talking more, and she seems to be a little bit bubbly these past few months. The girls was shocked when they noticed this kind of change but, they weren’t complaining. Instead, they were thankful for it. They said that it’s about time she would be living how she supposed to live.

 

I’m wishing, hoping for it too. I’m wondering how she was back then.

 

“Omo. Look at this.” Bom said as soon as she got in their leisure room. We are here in their leisure room having lunch with the girls. We’ve been eating here 4-5 times a month too.

 

“What’s that?” CL said looking at the paper Bom is holding.

 

“This.” Bom pointed at the paper while walking up to and holding it in front of us. “This is the official… uh, how do you say this, flyer for the winter formal.”

 

“Ah, jinjja?!” Minzy said and grabbed the paper from Bom’s hand.

 

“We are inviting you to the annual winter formal of the Gong School of Performing Arts on December 20th, 6pm, at the school dome.” Sehun read the message beside Minzy.

 

“Only a month away.” Xiumin hyung said.

 

“Are we forced to go there?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“Nope.” Dara said. “You can go if you want. But everyone attends the formal anyway.”

 

“Did you attend last year?” Suho hyung asked.

 

“Yeah. We did.” Bom said.

 

“I want to attend this winter formal.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Me too.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Woah!” The guys and I said. “That’s a first.”

 

“What?” D.O. glared at us. “I want to experience this. It’s not like you don’t want to go anyway.”

 

“I want to go.” Kai said out of nowhere.

 

“Then go.” The girls said.

 

“Are you going this year?” I asked.

 

“Yeah.” Bom said grinning. “The girls will go too, whether they like it or not. Especially Dara.”

 

It seems like it was everyone’s topic for the whole day. Some of them are even talking about what to wear, who will their date is gonna be, and what not.

 

I almost forgot to say that we successfully did our very first performance in dance class. After that, J.Y. Park keeps on giving us those kind of practicum. Sometimes he would give us an individual tasks, sometimes it would be by pair, or sometimes it would be by group.

 

Also, the day the magazine that Dara and Jessica unnie was release, it was sold out. Elle magazine quickly printed copies of it because of the demand of the people.

 

-----

 

It was Friday night when Dara posted a crop picture of two hands holding together on her Instagram account. I looked at it and her caption was, ‘From LA to Seoul. Please grab a copy of Elle magazine. It will be release tomorrow.’

 

As soon as the stores was opened, the fans came rushing in and bought their own copy of it.

 

We are at the waiting room for our fan meeting when one of the staff came in holding an Elle magazine.

 

I quickly walked up to him and said, “Can I borrow it for a while?” The staff handed it and told me that it should still be as good as new when I’ll handed it back to him.

 

The front page of the magazine is Dara and Jessica sunbae holding hands together while smiling to the camera. Their background is the streets of LA and what makes it more breathtaking is the rays of the sun behind them are making a halo around them.

 

“Oh! Yepuda!” Chanyeol suddenly exclaimed beside me making me jump in surprise.

 

“What is?” Kai asked.

 

“Dara and Jessica sunbae.” Upon hearing their name, the guys huddled up around me and now looking at the magazine.

 

“Where did you get that?” D.O. asked.

 

“I just borrowed it from one of the staffs.” I said.

 

There are a lot more pictures of them when I looked inside and all of them are so beautiful. One of the pictures is Dara back-hugging Jessica sunbae and sunbae is laughing to it, another one is that they are both sitting on a bench, eating some ice cream with a shock look on their faces, another one is Dara sitting at the hood of the car while Jessica sunbae is standing beside Dara.

 

There are individual pictures of them too. My favorite picture from Dara is when she was leaning on the lamppost, cross arms, and looking intently on the camera, and the picture of her wearing a baby blue flowy mini dress. I could tell they took this photo when she was walking backwards and the wind is coming behind her.
I suddenly wished that I could get one of Dara’s picture and make it my phone wallpaper but, the guys would just tease me and there might be a possibility Dara might know about it.

 

After looking at the magazine, I quickly return it to the owner and we walked to the stage and start the fan meeting.

 

Today, we are going to change it up a bit. We are going to have some questions, request, or whatever from the fans. To start it off, our staff went to a girl and hand her the mic.

 

“Oppa, when will you have a comeback?” She asked.

 

“Uh, we still don’t know.” Suho hyung said.

 

The staff walked to another fan and hand the mic.

 

“Eeeeeeeii!” She suddenly squealed making us laugh. “Annyeong oppa! Uh, Kyungsoo oppa, who would you choose, Kai or Baekhyun?”

 

I looked straight at D.O. and jokingly glared at him. “Choose wisely D.O.-ah.”

 

“Ah, nae.” D.O. smiled. Kai suddenly hugged D.O. making the fans here scream.

 

“Yah! You’re not allowed to do that.” I said while untangling Kai from D.O. The guys didn’t help, instead they just laugh at us.

 

“I think I’m going to choose Kai.” D.O. said.

 

I dramatically pushed them both and said. “Fine. I still have Chanyeol anyway.” I walked to Chanyeol and hugged him making the fans scream again.

 

The staff walked again to another fan and handed the mic.

 

“Lay oppa, can you do a gwiyomi?” We suddenly laugh at her request. I think this is the first time we would see him doing it.

 

Lay hyung breathe out and said. “You owe me.” Hyung then started going gwiyomi. The guys and I laugh at how awkward but at the same time cute it was. Hyung’s face was as red as a tomato when we was finished. “Aaaah! That was embarrassing.” Hyung then hide his face behind Suho hyung who is still laughing.

 

“Chen oppa, if you were a girl, who would you want to marry?”

 

Chen laugh and said, “Uh, if I were to be a girl, I think I would marry Xiumin hyung.” Just as he said that, Xiumin hyung walked up to him and hugged him. Xiumin hyung even jokingly kiss Chen.

 

“Sehun oppa, can you cover a girl group dance?”

 

Sehun then started dancing when Twice’s ‘Cheer Up’ was played, he also dance to SNSD’s ‘Lion Heart’, G-Friend’s ‘Rough’ and ‘Me Gustas Tu’, I.O.I’s ‘Pick Me’, Sistar’s ‘Shake It’, and Red Velvet’s ‘Ice Cream Cake’ and ‘Dumb Dumb’.

 

“Oppa, can I be your girlfriend?” The girl laugh after.

 

“Aaaaaahh!!” We all said.

 

“We can be your boyfriend except for Baekhyun hyung.” Sehun said and smirked at me. This kid is gonna have it, really. I throw at him my empty water bottle which he easily dodge.

 

“Wae?” I asked him.

 

“Because you have someone in your heart.” He said grinning. The guys didn’t help at all. Instead, they teased me and keeps on pushing me.

 

“Nugu?” I asked him while trying to shove the others.

 

At first he didn’t say anything, but smirked at me. “Chanyeol hyung.”

 

And the day goes by like that. We take turns on who’s gonna be teased next. It was sure a fun day for us.

 

-----

 

Few weeks later, Jessica sunbae’s album is released. And as expected, she topped the charts. But what surprised us was Dara was featured in some of Jessica sunbae’s songs. Who knew she could sing! Ahhhh. Another reason for me to like her. Kkk.

 

We even brought sunbae’s album to show our support to her. When sunbae knew about it, she showed how thankful she was by sending us her personally baked cookies. It was delicious I tell you.

 

-----

 

So, yeah. Those were the highlight of these past few months.

 

“Hyung, go ask manager hyung if we don’t have schedule for that day.” I said to Suho hyung and he fished out his phone a texted our manager.

 

“Do you usually have dates for this?” Chen asked.

 

“Yeah.” CL said.

 

“So if one of us ask you to prom, would you accept?” Sehun asked.

“Yeah. Why not?” Minzy shrugged her shoulders.

 

“We are not that choosy.” Bom said.

 

“Yeah. I remember when you said yes to be his date because of how nervous but at the same time cute he looks when he asked you.” Dara said and because of that the girls are on their own world leaving me with the guys looking mischievously at me.