Chapter 1

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Oh, come on! Are you that cold for you to shake her feelings away?!” I shouted and throw some popcorn at the TV.

 

“Yah! Baekhyun-ah! You’re wasting the popcorn.” Chanyeol said beside me and put the popcorn between him and Suho hyung.

 

We’re watching Park Shin Hye sunbaenim’s movie in our dorm. And I tell you, I really want to strangle the guy. I don’t know if he’s stupid or just plain stupid to let that kind of girl go. Urgh!

 

“Hyung, don’t be too attached to it. It’s just a movie.” Sehun said while munching some chicken.

 

“I know.” I sigh in frustration. “But seriously?!” I shouted while pointing at the TV.

 

“Shh!” Lay hyung said. “Let’s not talk while we’re watching, hmm?”

 

“If I know you would just fall asleep like the last time.” Xiumin hyung said.

 

“Well, I can’t help it.” Lay hyung shrugged his shoulders.

 

“And they can’t help but to talk either.” Chen said.

 

We are almost at the end of the movie when someone knock on the door.

 

“Hyung, there’s someone on the door.” Kai said to Suho hyung.

 

“Oh really there is?!” Chen said sarcastically.

 

“Way to state the obvious, genius.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Yah. Shut it.” Suho hyung stood up from the couch and walked to the door.

 

“Did you order another chicken?” I asked Kai and the latter one shook his head.

 

Not a second later, Suho hyung came back with our manager behind. We immediately stand up and bowed.

 

“Annyeong hyung.” We said.

 

“What brings you here, hyung?” Xiumin hyung asked.

 

“I, have a good news to all of you.” He said grinning.

 

“Is it unlimited supplies of bubble tea?” Sehun asked excitedly.

 

“No. That’s not it.” Hyung shakes his head. “It’s even better.”

 

“Well, what is it?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“SM finally agreed to finish you in high school.” Manager hyung said.

 

“Jinjja?!” We said in disbelief.

 

“Uhuh.” Manager hyung nodded his head. “He said that he would let you take a break and let you finish high school. But…”

 

“Of course there’s always a ‘but’.” Chanyeol said.

 

“But, you still have to go on guestings, and what not.” Manager hyung said.

 

“Is that it?” I asked. “Nothing else?”

 

“Nope. That’s it.” Manager hyung answered.

 

“Hyung, what school will we attend?” Suho hyung asked.

 

“At the Gong School of Performing Arts.”

 

“Ah jinjja?!” Kai suddenly exclaimed. “I’ve always wanted to study there.”

 

“Isn’t it the top school that students want to study?” Suho hyung asked.

 

“Yeah. Yeah. That’s the one.” Chanyeol said.

 

“When will we start?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“Uhh, hopefully we can finish the process of enrolling you guys this week, so you can start at the beginning of the school year.” Hyung answered.

 

“Yehet!”

 

We’ve been asking this for 4 years now. We almost lost hope that Lee Soo Man would finally be okay with it. Good things really come when you least expect it.

 

After hyung said the news, he left right away to get what they would need to enroll us.

 

“Waaaaaah! I’m so excited, and I just can’t hide it.” Chen said while dancing around the living room.

 

“Chen be careful. You might break another vase when you dance like that.” Suho hyung said.

 

----------

 

“So…” Yuri noona said in a singing voice. “I heard you guys are going back to school.” She sat down between Suho hyung and Lay hyung in the practice room.

 

We just then notice that the SNSD arrived here. I think we’re just too pre-occupied of us going back to school. I think I forgot how it would feel when you’re in school.

 

SM called us earlier to talk some things regarding the school and our schedules for the whole year. It was also announced to the public that we are going back to school and it has been a topic for a while.

 

“Nae, noona!” Kai said.

 

“Well, don’t you seem so excited?” Sunny noona said and sit next to me.

 

“I think they’re all are.” Taeyeon noona said crossing her arms grinning.

 

“Who wouldn’t noona? It’s my dream school. I’m going to finally study at my dream school!” Kai exclaimed.

 

“He wouldn’t even shut up about it.” Lay hyung said while laying at Kyungsoo’s lap.

 

“You might see some familiar faces there.” Tiffany noona said.

 

“Wae?” I asked.

 

“You know Park Bom right?” She asked and we all nod.

 

“The famous Korean singer in the US? Yeah, why?” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Well, she’s taking a break from spotlight since last year and is finishing her final year in high school this year.” Noona said.

 

“Oh! So that’s why I haven’t heard any new songs from her.” Sooyoung noona said.

 

“How did you know about that noona?” Sehun asked.

 

“We…” Hyoyeon motioned her hands between her and Tiffany noona. “Are friends with her. And we also met her a couple of times when we went to the U.S.” she said.

 

“I’ve also met her a couple of times.” Seohyun said.

 

“Ah jinjja?” Chanyeol asked in shock and they nod.

 

“Anyways, are your things good? Uniform, books, and what so ever?” Yoona asked.

 

“Nae. Our uniforms were delivered two days ago and the books and what so ever will be given on the first day of school.” I said to her.

 

“It’s good you’re going back to school.” Yuri noona said.

 

“Yeah. When you’re done with high school, are you planning on going for college?” Sooyoung noona asked.

 

“Uh, we still don’t know yet. But, we are aiming to graduate peacefully.” Suho hyung said.

 

We heard some of them snorted.

 

“Good luck with that.” Sunny noona said while rolling her eyes.

 

“Fan girls will always be around you guys.” Taeyeon noona said.

 

“How was it when you got back in school?” Xiumin hyung asked Yuri noona.

 

“It was fun.” She said. “I’m sure you know that Seungri and I became classmate back then.”

 

Later that day, we just keep on talking about how they manage to balance their school and schedule at the same time, since they’ve been in this situation long time ago. They also shared their most memorable and embarrassing experiences in school.

 

Now that they’ve shared it to us, it left me wondering. Would we have experiences like those?

 

---------

 

“Baekhyun-ah!” Chanyeol shouted from the living room.

 

“What?!” I shouted back from the dining room. I’m having my late breakfast since I woke up late.

 

“I’m going to the shop where I always buy hats. Do you want to come?” Chanyeol asked now standing in front of me.

 

“Nae. Just let me finish this and clean myself.” I said and ate the last piece of bacon on my plate.

 

“Can I come also?” Kyungsoo asked Chanyeol.

 

“Yeah sure.”

 

Not an hour later, we are off to the shop. Since it’s kind of far from our dorm, we use our van to go there. Of course, we didn’t forget to bring our disguise in case of emergency.

 

“Why do you want to go to the hat shop?” I asked Chanyeol while checking my Instagram.

 

“I was bored and I want to buy some new hats.” He said.

 

“What about you Kyungsoo?” I asked the owl sitting quietly at the front.

 

“Same.” He flatly answered.

 

“Same.” I mimic him and he just looked at me pointedly.

 

Thirty minutes later, we arrived at the shop. I noticed that two black SUV was parked there and there are four scary looking man standing in front of the shop.

 

“Did you call some bodyguard?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Oh that’s a bodyguard?” I asked stupidly.

 

“Obviously.” Kyungsoo answered flatly again.

 

“No, I didn’t.” Chanyeol shakes his head.

 

Shrugging it off, we climb out of our van and walk in the shop. There’s not much people here today, maybe five to eight people and that’s a good thing since we don’t want to cause any chaos here. Considering we don’t have any securities with us.

 

We walk to where they displayed the new hats they have.

 

“Look at this. This is so cute.” Chanyeol grab the gray hat with big ears on it. He put it on his head and said, “How do I look?”

 

“You only need an elephant’s nose and you could be one of them.” Kyungsoo grinned and I laugh.

 

“You show no mercy brother.” I said still laughing. Chanyeol takes off the hat and put it back to where he gets it.

 

“Look at this EXO snapback.” Kyungsoo said and put it on his head.

 

“Woah. The layout is so cool.” Chanyeol said and I agreed.

 

“How do I look?” Kyungsoo asked and we gave him a thumbs up.

 

“You should buy that.” I said.

 

“Yeah, I should.”

 

“Baekhyun-ah, look at this.” Chanyeol held a monkey like hat on his hand and put in on my head.

 

Immediately I moved like a monkey. One hand on my head and the other on my belly. I started to rub it and walk back and forth. Both of them laugh at my doing. I was about to turn around still doing a monkey move when I bump into someone.

 

I suddenly stop what I was doing and turn to look at the person.

 

She was wearing a jean shorts, a white shirt tuck into her shorts, a white Adidas shoes, a black glasses and a cap. She’s wearing the cap backwards though and it looks like she was talking to someone on her phone.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I said and bowed at her.

 

At first I thought she was star struck to us since she didn’t show any reaction and we didn’t wear any disguise. We just left it on the van. I was already thinking of the bad scenarios that could happen right here, right now. But to my surprise, she just bowed her head and walk away from us with two guys behind her.

 

“Yes, I’m still here. And I will think about it.” I heard her say.

 

Looking dumbstruck, I turn to the guys who has the same expression as me.

 

“Is it just me or she didn’t know us?” I asked still in shock.

 

“I don’t know.” They both said.

 

Looking at the door and I saw her going in on one of those SUVs. After the bodyguards go in on the other one, they left the shop.

 

I think this is the first time I encounter a girl like that since I debut four years ago. After that incident, we continue to look for hats that we wanted and buy it. We also bought some food and bubble tea for the guys and later went back at the dorm.