Chapter 8

The Spark in Her Eyes

Dara’s POV

 

The screeching of the tires and a child’s cry was all I can hear. The person next to me suddenly ran towards the crying child and before I could realize what was about to happen it was already too late.

 

“NO!!” I scream at the top of my lungs and ran towards him, but someone is already holding my arm, refraining me from running towards him.

 

I saw his lifeless body lying on the now blooded road. I manage to get away from the bodyguard’s hold and ran quickly towards him. What I saw shocked me.

 

There was a huge gash on his forehead and the blood was oozing out. There are also some cuts all over his face

 

I gasp when I looked at his left arm. “Oh my god.” His bone was broken and you could clearly see it. I was on the verge of crying when I couldn’t feel his pulse pumping on his right hand, I couldn’t also feel it on his neck.

 

“Sanghyun. Sanghyun-ah! Wake up!” I said and slightly patting his cheek. “Come on, you gotta wake up and get up. You look like a fool lying here.” The tears are already flowing freely.

 

“Miss Dara, the ambulance are here, can you please step back?” One of our bodyguards told me, but I just shook my head.

“No! I can’t leave him.” I said.

 

“But he needs to be attended.” He said and grabbed my arm and forced me to step back.

 

“I told you, I can’t leave him!” I shouted and tried to break free from his grip, but he just hold me tighter. “Sanghyun-ah!!”

 

I woke up drench in sweat and there was a sudden roaring of thunder outside and heavy rain. I jump in surprise as my door was opened and there stood Jessica unnie looking worried.

 

She suddenly ran towards me and hugged the life out of me.

“Shh. Don’t cry.” She said as she was smoothing my hair. I didn’t know I was crying until I touched my cheeks. “Shh. Unnie is here.”

 

I don’t know why but that made me burst in tears.

 

“Unnie!” I said and buried my head on her shoulders. Jessica unnie didn’t say thing, she just sooth me and let me cry on her shoulders.

 

-----

 

I woke up with a slight headache. Urgh! What time did I sleep last night? I was stretching up when I hit someone.

 

“Ouch!” I immediately looked at my right and found Jessica unnie holding her cheek.

 

“Omo! Sorry unnie.” I said and sat up. “Why are you here anyways?” I asked.

 

“You had a bad dream.” Jessica unnie said and yawned. “And I heard your shout.”

 

“I didn’t…” I was not able to finish what I was about to say when I remembered what happened last night. I wouldn’t be surprised if she heard it since our room is just next to each other. “Oh.”

 

“How are you feeling?” She asked sitting up.

 

“A little better than light night.” She smiled at that. I could lie to her about this anyway. She knows me like the back of her hand. “What time did I fall back to sleep?”

 

“Uh, around three I think.” Unnie said.

 

I gasped when I looked at the clock beside my bed. “Omo! It’s already 10. I’m so late!” I said and rushed to prepare my things.

 

“Dara-yah!” Jessica unnie called me.

 

“Nae?”

 

“Where are you going?” She asked.

 

“To school.” I said and place my uniform on my bed and ran towards my bathroom.

 

“But it’s Saturday!” Jessica unnie shouted. I suddenly stopped running and looked at her.

 

“It’s Saturday?” I asked cluelessly. Unnie nod and grab my phone. She unlocked it and showed me that today is really Saturday. “Aish! Way to start my morning.” I grumpily said and face-planted my bed.

 

I heard unnie laugh and she suddenly hit my . “Come on, let’s go out.”

 

I looked at her and raise my eyebrow. “Are you asking me out on a date?” I asked jokingly.

 

“In your dreams.” She said and went out of my room laughing.

 

Sighing, I got up from my bed and went to my bathroom and took a shower. When I was already set, I walked down to the dining room.

 

I was the first one to be there. When the maids and some of the bodyguards saw me, they bowed and prepare my food right away.

 

“Where is mom and dad?” I asked the maid who brought my breakfast.

 

“They already left to work, Miss Dara.” She said.

 

“Oh, okay. Kamsahamnida.” I said and she bowed and walk away.

 

A few minutes later, Jessica unnie walked in the room. She’s wearing a gray skinny jeans, a white button-down blouse, and a white flats. I, on the other hand, am wearing my black skinny jeans, baby-blue off the shoulder blouse, and a black flats.

 

“Unnie, what are you planning today?” I asked as she sat in front of me.

 

She shrugged he shoulder and said, “I forgot I have a radio guesting at noon.” Unnie pause and took a bit of her breakfast and said, “But don’t worry. I’m taking you with me. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind having a special guest. And after that, we could go shopping or whatever.”

 

“Arasso.” I said and finish my breakfast.

 

After our breakfast, we walked to our car and went it. Few minutes later, we are off to where unnie would be guesting and the bodyguards are still trailing behind us.

 

“Unnie, what radio will you be guesting?” I asked.

 

“The one with the Super Junior.” Unnie replied.

 

“Who will be there?”

 

“I’m not sure, but I think it would be Leeteuk and Eunhyuk.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“You don’t have to be nervous. They won’t bite.” Unnie said chuckling.

 

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the broadcast studio. There are some fans waiting outside the building. Some of them are holding some paper with ‘EXO saranghaeyo’. Some of the fans started screaming when they saw Jessica unnie walk out of the van and I followed her right away. While she was busy signing some autographs that the fans asked, I was standing awkwardly behind her waiting for unnie to be done. I think they’re too focused on unnie to not notice me, but I wasn’t complaining though.

 

“Are you guys gonna listen to the radio broadcast I will be in later?” I heard Jessica unnie asked.

 

“Nae unnie. We wouldn’t miss it in the world.” The fans said giddily.

 

“Unnie, when will your album be release?” Another fan asked her, but unnie just smiled at the fan.

 

“Noona, can I take a picture with you?” A guy asked her and Jessica unnie walk closer to him and the guy took a picture right away. “Omo! Sandara!” I heard him say and all of them started to approach me asking for my autograph and picture.

 

Our bodyguards started to form a circle around us and one of them said, “I’m sorry but Miss Jessica will be late for her radio broadcast.”

 

Some of them looked very disappointed. I could even heard some whined.

 

Feeling bad a little bit, I said, “Sorry. Maybe later when unnie is done with the radio broadcast.”

 

I heard them cheered at that and the bodyguards took Jessica unnie and me into the building and went to the radio booth.

 

“Oh! Annyeong Jessica.” Leeteuk said and Eunhyuk greeted her next. Uhh, should I them call him oppa or sunbaenim?

 

“Nae. Annyeong oppa.” I heard Jessica unnie said. “I brought someone with me.” Unnie said and she stepped aside so they can see me.

 

Their eyes are as wide as it can get and they didn’t said anything for a few second. Leeteuk was the first one to snap out of their state.

 

“Oh. Annyeong Sandara.” He said and bowed to me. Bowing back, I also greeted him.

 

“Uhm, what should I call you?” I asked.

 

“You can call me ‘oppa’ if you like.” He said and I just nod. Leeteuk oppa elbowed Eunhyuk when he noticed he’s still not speaking.

 

“Ouch.” Eunhyuk glared at Leeteuk oppa and suddenly cleared his throat and looked at me. “Ah, yeah. Annyeong Sandara-shi. You can also call me ‘oppa’ if you like.”

 

“Arasso.” I said nodding.

 

Unnie cleared and said, “Btw, didn’t you have a guest before me?”

 

“Ah, nae!” Leeteuk oppa said. “EXO was here before you.”

 

“Oh?” Jessica unnie raised her eyebrow. “Where are they? I didn’t see them coming out.”

 

“There in that room.” Eunhyuk oppa said while pointing at a certain room behind them. “Sandara-shi, is it true that you are classmates with our dongsaengs?”

 

“Ah, nae.” I said. “But not all of my subjects.” After I said that, they nod their heads.

 

“Why didn’t I know that?” Jessica unnie asked me.

 

“Because you never asked.” She was about to say something when I beat her to it. “And besides, I don’t feel like sharing it.”

Just as I said that, a room was opened revealing the 9 boys we were just talking about.

 

“Hyung, thank you for having us today.” Suho said. I know they didn’t noticed us since the two oppas are blocking us.

 

“It was nothing.” Leeteuk said. “And I would like you to meet Jessica.” He said and pointed unnie.

 

“Oh.” They all said and keep looking between Jessica unnie and I.

“Yah! Snap out of it.” Eunhyuk oppa said while snapping his fingers in front of them.

 

“Ah, mianhe.” Suho said.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim.” All of them said and bowed together.

 

“Nae, annyeong.” Unnie said grinning. “How are you guys?”

 

“We are fine sunbaenim. How about you?” Suho said.

 

“Same. How was it going back to school? And how is my sister in school?” I rolled my eyes at that.

 

“Its great sunbaenim and Dara’s been amazing in school.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Great choice of words.” I said to him.

 

“Of course.” He said smiling.

 

“Well that’s great.” Unnie said.

 

“Sunbaenim, are you gonna be the next guest?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Nae.” Unnie nod her head.

 

“With Dara?” Baekhyun asked again and unnie nod her head again.

 

“This will be her first time guesting in a radio broadcast.” Unnie said.

 

“Ah jinjja-yo?” Baekhyun said. “Well, good luck.”

 

“Make sure you tune in, huh?” Jessica unnie said.

 

“Nae sunbaenim.” They said and later went out to their next schedule.

 

Leeteek oppa told us that we would start in a couple of minutes, so we sat on our chairs and placed the headphones on our head.

 

A person signaled that we would be aired in three seconds. After he counted, the ‘on air’ signaled suddenly .

------

 

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Dara had an older sister like Jessica? Comment your thoughts mah friends! :)