Chapter 2

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Yah! Move faster! We’re gonna be late for the first day of school!” Suho hyung shouted.

 

Yes, it’s the first day of school. And last night, we kind of slept late. We know we should have slept early, but we can’t get enough of the game Sehun bought. I think we went to bed around three in the morning.

 

So, here we are, doing the last minute preparations for the school, well except for Xiumin and Suho hyung, and D.O.

 

“If you don’t get in the van within a minute, we’re gonna leave you.” Xiumin hyung said and walks out of our dorm with the both of them.

 

After stuffing what I think I will need to school in the bag, I ran down the stairs with the rest of them on behind me. I haven’t even done my hair! Aish, I could just do it in the van.

 

Opening the door, we found the three of them laughing at whatever they were talking about.

 

“Oh, good thing that you made it.” Kyungsoo said.

 

When we all settled in, the driver drives to our school.

 

“How long until we reach the school?” I asked.

 

“Uhh, 20-25 minutes.” Suho hyung said.

 

I sigh in relief. “Thank gosh I still have time to fix my hair.”

 

“You know hyung, you can just let your hair be.” Kai said. “And be like, ‘I woke up like this’.”

 

“It’s the first day of school, I need to look good.” I said while fixing my hair.

 

“The students there wouldn’t care.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

“Hey that rhymes.” Lay hyung said.

 

“And it’s not like I’m the only one who wants to look extra good today.” I said. “For the first time, Chen doesn’t look like the troll he is today and Kai looks like a shade brighter than his usual skin tone.”

 

Just as I said that, all of them looks at Chen and Kai.

 

“Yeah, they kind of like… changed.” Sehun nod his head.

 

“It’s just the sunlight hyung.” Kai rolled his eyes.

 

“And I won’t disagree on that one.” Chen said.

 

After a couple of minutes, we finally arrived at the school. The van stopped when we reach on the massive gate. The guard of the school was talking to our driver and handed his ID, I think. He let us through after that.

 

“What did he say to you hyung?” Suho hyung asked the driver.

 

“He asked for my ID since I still don’t have the pass to get in and out of the school.” He answered and we all ‘ooohh’.

 

I could see some of the students walking to the building with their friends laughing. I could also see some of them pointing to our van and be all giddy.

 

“Do you think they know that it’s us?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe. Some of them are already chasing our vans.” Suho hyung said.

 

We looked at his side of the van and we could see some girls are already running after us.

 

“Did they know the plate number of our van?” I asked incredulously.

 

I was amazed by how big the school is. The building is a little further from the gate. Maybe that’s the reason why I see many students riding their bicycle. Or maybe they just want to ride it.

 

When we stop on the front of the building, many students are already at the front waiting for us to go out. They weren’t blocking the door or anything, in fact they even like, just stand on the sides and gave us a way to the front door.

 

I look back at the guys and I breathe deeply.

 

“Alright.” Suho hyung said. “EXO…”

 

“Fighting!” We said and pump our fists.

 

Suho hyung opened the door and you could immediately hear the shouts of the students. When Suho hyung went out, we all followed.

 

We walk inside of the building and the students are trailing behind us.

 

“Hyung, where do we go?” Sehun asked.

 

“Uh, to the principal’s office, I think.” Suho scratch his head.

 

“Now, where is it?” Xiumin hyung said while looking around.

 

I think we’re gonna waste our time just looking at the school. I was kind hoping we could tour the school before the first period.

 

Just as I was thinking about the thing, a guy step in front of us with a friendly smile.

 

“Annyeong.” He bowed and we bowed back. “I’m Nichkhun, the student body president of this school.”

 

“Ah, nae. Annyeong.” Suho hyung said.

 

“You’re looking for the principal’s office right?” He asked and we all nod. “Come on, I will take you there.”

 

Thank the heavens!

 

“How long have you been attending here?” I asked.

 

“Since I was in fourth grade.” He said. “What made you choose our school?”

 

“We didn’t actually decide it, it was Lee Soo Man who said we are going here.” Chanyeol said.

 

“And I am glad he did.” Kai said while looking around.

 

As we walk through the halls of the schools, we could see various rooms and lockers here. Some of the students are still trailing behind us. I think their number grow as we walk to the office.

 

The school is so classy. The uniform too. We are wearing some black slacks, black and red jacket with white long-sleeves undershirt, black tie and shoes.

 

Nichkhun opened a door and there reveal a room where people are already working.

 

“Hi, good morning.” Nichkhun said to a middle aged woman that’s wearing eyeglasses and typing something on her computer. “Is Principal Kim Eana there?”

 

The lady finally looked at us. “Oh! Who do we have here?” The lady asked.

 

“Uh, we are from the group called EXO ma’am.” Suho hyung said.

 

She put her hand on his chin and said, “Hmm, I think I’ve heard that name before. Ah!” She suddenly exclaimed and snap her fingers making us jump in surprise. “I remember! You’re the one who sang Growl right?” The lady asked and we nod. “My daughter keeps on dancing to your songs. Anyway, yes she’s already there. You can just knock on the door.”

 

“Kamsahamnida.”

 

We walk to the door and Nichkhun said, “Well, you heard her. You can just knock.” He said and urge us forward. Lay hyung knock on the door and there was a ‘come in’ on the other side. So hello from the other side… Kkk.

 

When we opened the door and come in, there was a woman writing something from her desk. She look up from what she was doing and stands up.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” The principal greeted us. She look so fragile, I feel like she’s not gonna be able to hurt a fly.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” We greeted back and bowed.

 

“How was the school so far?” She asked.

 

“Even if we haven’t had our tour of the school, I could say it’ so cool!” Kai said happily.

 

“Sorry, he’s just a big fan of your school.” I said.

 

“No need to apologize. And I’m glad you like it.” She chuckled. “Would you like to sit down?”

 

“No thank you. We’re good.” Suho hyung said but I sat down together with Chen and Chanyeol. I could see hyung glaring at us.

 

“First, I would like to say thank you for enrolling here. Second, although this is an arts school, we still have some regular subjects like Math, English, and what-so-ever, so don’t go jumping around thinking we just focus on arts. Third, even if you’re idols, we still want you to try and treat you’re studies with equal attention. And please, don’t even try to do ‘I’m an idol, I can get what I want’, because certainly that won’t work here.” She firmly said and we couldn’t help but to nod our head to her. “Fourth, you can get your schedules at the person whom you’ve talked before. And lastly, welcome to Gong School of Performing Arts.”

 

After that, we went back to the woman we talked a while ago and ask for our schedules. Surely there is subjects like Math and all. In fact, my first subject is Physics, then English, Math, Drama Class, Lunch, Voice lessons, Instruments 501, and Double Dance.

 

When we compared our schedules, we found out that we have different arrangements of subjects in the morning but the same on the afternoon.

 

“So, now that you know your schedules, would you like to have a tour?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“I thought you already left.” I said.

 

“Nah, I was about to, but then I realize that you don’t know the school yet.” He said.

 

“Waah. So thoughtful of you.” Lay hyung said.

 

We went out of the office and the students are waiting outside.

 

“Do you want to go to your locker first?” Nichkhun asked and we all agreed.

 

Our lockers are just next to each other. How do we know that? The number of our lockers. It’s in order. As we walk to our lockers, Nichkhun keeps on pointing on different directions.

 

“That way is where our cafeteria is. Don’t worry about the food, it’s delicious.” He said.

 

“How about the dance classrooms? Where is it?” Sehun asked.

 

“It’s on the other building. They don’t want to disturb classes here since they play music too loud.” Nichkhun answered.

 

“What’s on the second floor?” Chen asked.

 

“Most of the classrooms there are for the regular subjects and for the Drawing classes.” He said.

 

“How about the third?” Xiumin hyung asked.

 

“Those are for the Photography classes.”

 

“Where is the classroom where they teach you various instruments?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Same building where the dance classes are located, but it’s on the third floor.” He said. “Here are your lockers.”

 

We easily opened up our lockers and find some books for the regular subjects. After getting some books, we continue the tour. You know, I’m starting to like this school.

 

“We also have two theaters.” He pointed out the two big double doors that is facing each other at the end of the hallway. He walk us to a huge window and pointed out the huge ground they have. “That building over there is the library.”

 

Woah, it is huge.

 

“What’s on the fourth floor of the other building?” I asked.

 

“Those are for film classes.” He answered.

 

“How about the fourth floor of this building?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“Oh. We don’t know what’s up there. Students are prohibited to go up there.” He said.

 

“Oh jinjja? Wae?” I asked again.

 

He shrugged. “I don’t know. Only the daughter of the owner of this school can go up there and her friends too.”

 

“The daughter? What’s her name?” Kai asked.

 

“Minzy. Gong Minzy.” He said. “You don’t usually see her and her friends roam around the school on a time like this so don’t get your hopes up.” He said cheekily.

 

“I wasn’t.” Kai deny.

 

“Hmm.” He only hum in response. “Do you want to check the cafeteria?”

 

Our eyes sparkle and shouted, “Yes!”

 

He laugh at us and walks us to the cafeteria.

 

Woah! The cafeteria is huge!

 

“Amazing right?” Nichkhun said and we just nod unable to talk. “We have a bubble tea here, baozi, and whatever your favorite is.”

 

“JINJJA?!” We shouted and he nod laughing.

 

“I think you can still buy some.” He look at his watch. “We still have 30 minutes before the class starts.”

 

We didn’t waste any second and bought some food. If you didn’t know, we didn’t have any breakfast this morning.

 

After pigging out, we heard a loud ring of the bell and Nichkhun said it’s time for the first period. Standing up, we throw our trashes away. I jump in surprise when I saw students still with us. I forgot they were following us.

 

“Come on, I will walk you your classes.” He said.

 

Chanyeol, Lay hyung, and I were the last one to arrive at our classroom.

 

I don’t think the class started yet. The students just keep on talking with each other and the teacher is writing something on his table. Just as the teacher stand up from his chair, Nichkhun knock on the door and opened it.

 

The students shouted when they saw us standing by the door. Nichkhun ushered us to come inside when we were hesitating to follow him.

 

“Sir, here are your new students.” Nichkhun said.

 

“Ahh, welcome.” He said and replied with a ‘thank you’ and bowed to him. “Thank you for bringing them here.” He said to Nichkhun.

 

“Yeah, thank you for the tour.” I said. “And see you later.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Nichkhun bowed to us and went out of the room.

 

“Boys, take your seats.” Seonsangnim said.

 

Following his order, we walk to find empty seats. 

 

“We could sit on the back. There are four vacant there.” Lay hyung said.

 

I was walking to the back when someone pulled my arm.

 

“Oppa, you can sit here.” A girl said while pointing to the chair beside her.

 

“Ah, hehe.” I said while trying to remove her hand.

 

“Chanyeol oppa, you sit with me.” Another girl said.

 

“No! Lay oppa should be the one sitting here.” The girl behind her said.

 

“Girls.” The teacher said in a warning tone. “Let them sit where they want to.”

 

The girls sigh in disappointment and listen to what the teacher said. Finally free from the girls grasp, we walk to the back and sit there.

 

Chanyeol sits between Lay hyung and me. On Chanyeol’s left is Lay hyung who is sitting next to a boy and I sat on Chanyeol’s right and an empty seat beside me.

 

“Now, since everything is settle…” As the teacher talk, someone knock on the door and opened it.

 

Everyone gasp, including us.