Chapter 13

The Spark in Her Eyes

Dara’s POV

 

We woke up around six in the morning and went out of the hotel by eight. We are currently at the salon because I need to dye my hair into a dirty blonde for my unnie’s photoshoot. After this we need to go right away to the place of the photoshoot to start working on unnie’s new clothes.

 

Yesterday, before I slept, I posted some pictures of Jessica unnie and me on Instagram. And of course I also post the picture of me with the wings since I like how it looked like.

 

A lot of people liked that picture of me. I also found out the Bommie, Minzy, and Chaerin commented on the photo.

 

Haroobommi: Yah! Why are you enjoying over there and we’re suffering from school over here?

 

_minzy_mz: Yeah! Why is it like that?

 

Chaelincl: Unnie, when are you going back?

 

I just chuckled at the three of them and let them be. I looked at the photos that are tagged to me and much to my surprise, it was all about Baekhyun liking my picture. I was looking to some of the screenshots of Baekhyun liking my photo, and suddenly a smile was formed into my face.

 

Snapping back to reality, I immediately hold me cheeks to prevent the smile to form on my face and turned off my phone. When I was sure the smile was gone, I put my hand down. But as soon as I think of it, the smile would be back and I would hold my cheeks again.

 

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Unnie asked looking at me weirdly.

 

“Nothing.” I said. “I just want to hold my cheeks.”

 

“You’re so weird.”

 

“I know.”

 

My hair was done around twelve and we immediately drive to the venue of the photoshoot. Not more than 30 minutes, we arrived at this beautiful looking beach.

 

“Daebak!” I said amazed.

 

“Cool, right?” Unnie said beside me and I nod. “I search this place up on the internet.”

 

“Waaa. Good job.” I said and patted unnie’s head.

 

“Woah?!” She said slightly annoyed. I laugh at her and didn’t say anything ‘cuz we were called by the staff and help me and my sister get ready.

 

-----

 

“And we’re done!” The photographer said as he took the last shot of me and my sister playing at the beach.

 

The staffs ran towards us and wrapped some towels around us since we kind of splash each other on the set.

 

“Miss Dara, Miss Bom has been calling you.” One of our bodyguards said and handed me my phone.

 

“Oh really?” I took my phone from him and called Bommie back. Not a few rings later, she answered.

 

“Urgh! Finally!” Her face suddenly appeared from the screen while eating a spoonful of ice cream.

 

“Why are you still awake?” I manage to ask while keeping the towel around me and facing my phone to my face.

 

“Uhh… because it’s Friday and tomorrow is Saturday?” She said questioningly. “And because I’m extremely bored.”

 

“What do you mean it’s…” And then I realize that we have a different time zone. “Oh. Right.”

 

“Yeah, right.” She said rolling her eyes. “Why weren’t you answering my calls earlier?”

 

“We weren’t done when you called. So, yeah.” A staff handed me my clothes to change into and went in the changing tent. Yes, tent. The staffs build this up so we could change here comfortably. “Hold up for a minute, okay?” I said and handed my phone to the staff beside me.

 

“Why? Where are you going?” I heard her asked.

 

“I’m just going to change.” I answered and quickly change my clothes.

 

“Oh, where’s unnie?”

 

“Somewhere out there.”

 

“Seriously.” She said flatly. “Excuse me, could you pinch her for me?” I guess she asked the person who’s holding my phone since I heard her say ‘I can’t’.

 

I laugh getting out of the tent and said, “She won’t take orders from you.”

 

“Yeah, whatever.” She rolled her eyes again. “When are you going back?”

 

“Hmmm… I don’t know. Maybe Sunday.” I said unsure.

 

“Sunday here, or Sunday there?”

 

“Sunday here.” Opening our car, I found unnie sitting prettily while checking her Instagram. “Unnie’s here.” I said and face the phone to her.

 

“Annyeong unnie.” Bommie greeted her.

 

“Nae, annyeong.” Unnie said back. “How are you?”

 

“Good. Beautiful as always. Kkk. Unnie, don’t forget to buy me something when you get back arasso?”

 

“Nae, Bommie.”

 

After we talk for 10 minutes, we ended the call and drive back to the hotel.

 

“I’m calling for room service.” Unnie said as soon as we enter our room. “What do you want to eat?”

 

I shrugged my shoulder and said, “I don’t know. You decide.”

 

Walking to the couch, I close my eyes and face-planted it.

 

This day is so exhausting. The only thing I want to do right now is to sleep.

 

“Yah.” I heard unnie say and I felt a pillow hit me. “Go clean yourself up. You can’t go to sleep like that.” I only hum in response and didn’t move a bit.

 

“Yah!” Unnie said again and hit me repeatedly with a pillow.

 

“Alright, alright.” I said. “I’m getting up.” Unnie only stopped hitting me when I started walking to our bathroom. After cleaning myself up, I eventually sleep on our bed without having dinner.

 

-----

 

I woke up gasping for air. I could feel the sweat roll of my forehead.

 

Breathe in and out Dara. It was just a bad dream.

 

After I gained back my breathing, I looked at my side and found unnie sleeping peacefully. Grabbing my phone, I look at the time and at the same time shielding the brightness from my eyes. It’s 2:13 in the morning and I know I can’t sleep anytime soon after I had that dream again.

 

I walked outside of the room and went to the balcony. I was greeted with the fresh night breeze of LA when I opened the window.

 

It seems like this city never sleeps too. The city lights are so beautiful under the moonlight I can’t help but to take pictures. I uploaded a picture of it with a caption, ‘It’s 2 in the morning here in LA. How about there?’

 

I was enjoying the night breeze when my phone beeped. Unlocking it, I found out someone added me on their Line account. Looking at it, it said that, baekhyunee_exo added you. Would you like to accept?

 

Baekhyun? Baekhyun from EXO? Is it really him and how did he know my account? Since I’m really curious if it’s really him, I accepted it.

 

I almost dropped my phone when it suddenly rang. He is calling me and I’m debating whether to answer it or not. Sighing deeply, I pressed the green button. And much to my surprise, it wasn’t Baekhyun who appeared on the screen. Instead, it was Sehun, Chen, Chanyeol, Kai, and Lay.

 

“Annyeong!” They said loudly.

 

“Omo.” I said in surprise and looked at them with wide eyes. “Uh, annyeong?” I said unsure.

 

“Ah… I guess you’re surprised?” Chanyeol said.

 

“Kind of.” I said. “How did you know my Line?”

 

“We asked it from Bom.” Sehun said while grinning. 

 

“Aigoo.” I said and hold the bridge of my nose. “Where are you? Your phone keeps on shaking.” I asked curiously.

 

“We are on our way for our fan meeting in Busan.” Lay said.

 

“Oh.” I said. “Why are you calling anyway?”

 

“Did we disturb you?” Chen asked.

 

“No, not really.”

 

“Well, we just want to ask how are you doing there.” Kai said.

 

I smiled and said, “I’m fine. Pretty good actually. Thanks for asking.”

 

“Alright, the real reason why we called is that Baekhyun wants to say ‘hi’.” Chen said. The screen was blurry for a second and the next thing I know, Baekhyun was already looking at the screen with wide eyes.

 

“Yah! What are you doing?” Baekhyun said and move away from the view of the screen, but it keeps on following him.

 

“I thought you miss her?” Someone said.

 

“Yah! I didn’t say that!” Baekhyun shouted to that person.

 

Someone was grabbing Baekhyun’s arms and said, “Come on. Just say something.”

 

I heard him and said, “When are you going back?”

 

I was a little taken aback of the question since I was just expecting he would say ‘hi’, but I answered it none-the-less. “I, uhm… probably I would be back by Sunday there.”

 

“Oh.” He suddenly cleared his throat. “That’s great. I’m looking forward to that.” He said awkwardly that I can’t help but to laugh.

 

“Yeah, sure.” I said smiling.

 

“Ah… Nae.” He said and then the call ended.

 

I chuckled once again. What has gotten into him?