Chapter 10

The Spark in Her Eyes

Dara’s POV

 

“Unnie!” I looked up from the book I was reading and found Minzy, Chaerin, and Bom entering our leisure room.

 

In case you didn’t know, it’s the floor that the students are prohibited to enter besides us. The room is just like an ordinary house, less than the bedrooms. But we do have a large couch that you could comfortably sleep to.

 

Our refrigerator is also filled with lots of food. We also have a large TV that is connected on the walls and stacks and stacks of DVDs. Anything that you could see in an ordinary house, you could see it here.

 

“Wae?” I raised an eyebrow at her.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us that you were guesting on the radio with Jessica unnie?” CL asked while getting herself some water. “And why are early?”

 

“Yeah. You usually arrive here only minutes before the class starts.” Bommie said while removing her shoes and placing her feet on the table, copying me.

 

I shrugged my shoulders and looked back at the book I was reading a while ago, “Unnie just tag me along. It was like a last minute decision, and Leeteuk and Eunhyuk oppa didn’t seem to mind though.”

 

“Of course they wouldn’t unnie.” Minzy said. “Who wouldn’t want THE Sandara to be a guest?”

 

“Aish. Stop it Mingkki.” I said rolling my eyes.

 

Sunday morning, the day after our appearance on the radio, I heard it became a topic. The listeners were more than the usual and we ended later than expected.

 

“And why are you here early?” Bommie asked.

 

I shrugged my shoulders again. “I woke up before my alarm and I know it will be useless to go back to sleep.”

 

“Did you…” I heard CL speak hesitantly. “Did you had bad dreams, unnie?” She asked quietly.

 

The room was filled with a defining silence. Instead of answering, I just held the book in my hands tighter. I don’t want to answer that stupid question. I don’t want to tell them I had another bad dream.

Before I could come up with a lie, the bell rang and echoed through the room.

 

“Opps. We better go. We don’t want to be late on the first period.” I said wearing back my shoes and placing the book on the table. Picking my bag up, I started walking to the door and notice that the girls didn’t move a bit. I sigh and rolled my eyes at them. “No. I didn’t had a bad dream. I just couldn’t sleep well. Now, can we please go?”

 

I heard them sigh and said, “Fine.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

I know I should have said the truth, but I can’t. They will just be worried about me. We walk silently to our classes and do what a normal student would do.

 

“See you guys at lunch.” CL and Minzy said and we parted ways when we got at the first floor.

 

“Yeah, see you.” Bommie said and waved at them. She then tuned to me and wrap her arms around me. “Kaja!”

 

When we got to our room, Bommie and I sat at our seats. I notice that Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Lay are sleeping on the desk.

What time did they sleep last night?

 

Our teacher suddenly walk in the room and place his things on the table. He wouldn’t like this if he sees them sleeping.

The better part of me took over and wake up Baekhyun since he’s just right next to me.

 

I leaned and started to shake him. “Baekhyun. Yah, Baekhyun!”

 

This guy didn’t even moved a bit. Is he that a heavy sleeper?

 

Sighing, I leaned closer and shake him harder this time. “Yah! Baekhyun!” He suddenly lift his head making our faces only inches apart.

 

“What?” He asked huskily. He look so y with that sleepy look on his face.

 

Wait, what?! y?! Yah, Sandara! Are you out of your mind?

 

“I, uh…” I cleared my throat and said clearly, “The teacher is already here. Wake your friends too.” I said motioning my head to the other two who is still sleeping.

 

I immediately leaned away when he looked at the teacher and wake the others. Seriously? y? Since when did you find a man y?! You pabo Dara!

 

Dug-dug, dug-dug.

 

Placing my head on the table, I hold my chest. What the heck? What is this feeling? I started to lightly punch my chest because that feeling was still there.

 

“Dara?”

 

“Huh?” I looked at my seatmate who looked at me curiously.

 

“Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Ah yeah.” I said a little breathless. “I just had this feeling I can’t shake off. But don’t worry, it’s nothing.”

 

“Oh, okay.” He said. “And thanks for waking me up.”

 

“No problem.” I smiled and waved it off.

 

-----

 

The morning class was normal as always, except that little thing with Baekhyun. It was kind of creepy, but anyways, its lunch time and we decided we will eat on the cafeteria today since we don’t have the energy to walk all the way up to our leisure room.

 

I buy two pieces of pizza, a cupcake, chocolate chip cookies, and a coke. Bom on the other hand bought a can of corn, lots of watermelon, pizza, and a choco smoothie. Minzy and Chaerin bought the same, which is, a burger, fries, pudding, and coke.

We walk to our table, and sat down. I started to munch my cookie when CL said something.

 

“I think I’ll be absent for 3-4 days.”

 

“Wae?” I asked.

 

“Tomorrow is the start of New York fashion week.” CL swallowed her food and talk again. “My mother wants me to be there with her. Also a lot of other designers are looking for me.”

 

“Ooooh! Can I come also?” Bommie asked excitedly.

 

“I thought you want to be out of the spotlight for now?” I asked raising my eyebrow.

 

“Yeah unnie. If they will see you there, I’m sure you will be a topic.” Minzy said. “Instead of being you there, how about I will go instead?” She said clapping her hands.

 

“Are you insane?” We all looked at her blankly.

 

“What?”

 

“Auntie wouldn’t let you go there.” Chaerin said and rolled her eyes.

 

“Yeah.” Bommie agreed while pointing her fork to Minzy. “You made a deal to your mom, remember?”

 

By that, Minzy groaned and bang her head to the table. We laugh at her sad crushed right now. Her mom agreed to buy Minzy her dream car and in exchange to that, she should do her best on her last year. Her mom wants her to graduate with honors.

 

“Maybe next time our Mingkki.” I said chuckling.

 

She sigh disappointedly and continue to eat her food.

 

“By the way, Sehun almost got in detention.” Chaerin said.

 

“Oh? Wae?” Minzy asked.

 

“The teacher caught him sleeping.” Chaerin shrugged her shoulders. “Good thing Xiumin saved him and explained why. Apparently, they just arrived here around 5 in the morning from China with no sleep at all. And they didn’t want to miss the class today.”

 

“Oh. So that’s why I saw Suho fighting back his sleepiness.” Minzy said.

 

With all of them talking about the EXO, I can’t help but remember the incident earlier with Baekhyun.

 

Dug-dug, dug-dug.

 

Aaaah! What the… here it is again.

 

Instead of focusing on this feeling, I decide to eat it away.

 

“Unnie, is Jessica unnie going to the New York fashion week?” Chaerin asked.

 

“I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulders. “She didn’t say anything about it.”

 

“Yah, let’s eat outside later, hmm?” Bommie said.

 

“Sure.” We all said excitedly.

 

And just like that, the bell rang and the lunch has ended. Everyone was out of their seats and started to throw their trashes away.

 

Entering our room, we found the EXO looking so dead. They have bags under their eyes and they are all yawning.

 

“Woah, what happened to you?” Bommie asked fighting back her laugh.

 

“Oh, annyeong Bom.” Chanyeol said and yawn after.

 

“You should’ve just stayed at your dorm.” Minzy said and sat in front of them.

 

“Nah.” Sehun said “We prefer to go here in school.”

 

“What did you do in China anyway?” Chaerin asked.

 

“We had our fan meeting there.” Suho said. “We should’ve ended by 5 in the afternoon yesterday. But, there was a slight change of schedule and our manager told us that we should go to Shanghai to have our next fan meeting and it ended around 3 am, I think.”

 

“Oooh. You worked hard.” I said.

 

“Ah, kamsahamnida.” They all said and looked at Baekhyun mischievously. Baekhyun glared at each of them. It’s like he’s saying through his eyes that, ‘talk, and you’ll die’ kind of vibe.

 

Shrugging it off, we all continue our day like a normal students.