Chapter 11

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

The comfort of my bed was extremely amazing.

 

When we arrived at our dorm from school yesterday, we immediately throw ourselves in our beds and sleep. The guys and I didn’t even mind our dinner. We were dead tired to be honest.

 

“Ah hyung! Stop it.” Sehun screamed while trying to get away from Xiumin hyung’s grip around his neck.

 

“Naaah, I don’t think so.” Hyung shook his head and let the maknae struggle even more.

 

Before we got home, manager hyung called us and said that we’re gonna skip school today because of our guesting. So here we are, currently in the waiting room of the After School Club studio.

 

“Oooh, I should learn how to bake this.” Suho hyung said while looking at his phone.

 

“Huh? What is it?” Lay hyung asked and walk to where Suho hyung is.

 

Me, on the other hand, is stalking- ah, no. More like, just looking at her Instagram posts and searching some latest news of, you-know-who.

 

“Baekhyun-ah! Done stalking Dara-shi?” Chen asked and sat beside me.

 

I immediately locked my phone to prevent him from snooping. “What are you talking about?”

 

“Eeeeh. That trick won’t work on me.” Chen said and attempted to get my phone but I moved it away.

 

“Seriously. I really don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said nervously. Why does he have to so nosy?

 

“Then why won’t you let Chen see your phone Baekhyun-ah?” D.O. said mischievously.

 

“Because. I just don’t want to.” I said.

 

“Are you watching ?” Kai asked.

 

“I’m not like you.” I said dead-panned and rolled my eyes.

 

“Yah! Who said I was watching ?” Kai said while looking me wide eyes.

 

“Baekhyun, obviously.” Chanyeol said. “Aish, seriously. You should stop your hobby of watching .”

 

“Hyung! Ah, jinjja! I’m not watching .” Kai denied.

 

“Yeah, sure.” Chanyeol said sarcastically.

 

Before Kai could respond, we were called by the staff and made us go on the set. Eric Nam and Amber was already there, laughing.

 

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” Amber said while walking to us. “Annyeong EXO.”

 

“Annyeong.” We said.

 

“Welcome, again.” Eric Nam said chuckling.

 

“Nae, kamsahamnida.” We said.

 

After that, we were asked to go to our places because we are about to start recording. When we are all set, the recording started.

 

“Hello…” Eric sang Adele’s ‘hello’.

 

“It’s me.” While Amber continued.

 

“Nae, yeoreobun! This is another episode of After School Club.”  Eric said.

 

“And here with us today is my label-mate, EXO!” Amber said and clapped wildly.

 

“We are one. Annyeonghaseyo, EXO imnida.” We said our usual greeting.

 

“Ah, how does it feel being back here?” Amber asked.

 

“It was an honor to be invited here once again.” Suho hyung said.

 

“Well, I feel nothing.” I said.

 

Everyone laughed and Amber said, “Yah! You should at least say that you’re happy. Don’t be too honest sometimes.”

 

“Ah, nae. I will do that next time.” I said laughing.

 

“We won’t invite you next time.” Amber said. “Aish.”

 

“Alright, before you guys would be at each other’s throat,” Eric said. “Many have been wondering how you guys are at your school.”

 

“Uhhh…” Lay hyung started. “I didn’t get to sleep on my classes.” We laugh at what hyung said.

 

“Oh? That’s a miracle!” Amber exclaimed.

 

“Ah nae. We really like it so far.” D.O. said.

 

“We are sorry for making you guys skip today.” Eric said.

 

“Aniyo. Sorry is not enough.” I said jokingly. “We are expecting you to treat us for a meal later.”

 

“Oh, really?” Eric said. “Well, sorry to disappoint you. You can now go back to your school.”

 

“The recording is finish, everyone.” Amber said.

 

Everyone laugh again. A few questions and games here and there, we proceed to where the fans will ask us anything.

 

“Alright, first one on the list,” Amber started. “From @exolforeves: Oppa, who is the one who takes the longest to prepare for school?”

 

“Ah ha ha!” Chen suddenly shouted. “That would be Kai.”

 

“Right! Absolutely right!” We said.

 

“Oh, wae? Wae?” Eric and Amber asked.

 

“They’re telling lies.” Kai said trying to convince them.

 

“Eh? Lies?” Chen asked raising his eyebrow.

 

“That’s true. Kai is the longest one to prepare.” Xiumin hyung said.

 

“Hyung, do you want to tell them…” Sehun started to say when Kai immediately covered his mouth.

 

“Aish, this maknae.” Kai said and suddenly sigh. “Nae, I’m the longest one to prepare. Well, it’s because I’m the visual of the group, I need to look handsome every time.”

 

“You’re the visual?” D.O. said innocently. “I thought it was me.”

 

“Eeeeeeeeeeehhsh!” We all exclaimed.

 

“It’s me hyung, it has always been me.” Sehun said while nodding.

 

“Yah! Aish, jinjja.” Suho hyung said while shaking his head. “This kids are really so full of themselves.”

 

“But didn’t you just say earlier that you are the most handsome out of us?” Xiumin hyung said.

 

“Waaaaaah!” Eric and Amber laughed. “Ah, jinjja.”

 

“Look who’s talking.” Chanyeol said while shaking his head.

 

“Yah! I didn’t say that.” Suho hyung exclaimed to Xiumin.

 

“Ahh, I can’t belive you.” Lay hyung said jokingly.

 

“Next question.” Eric said. “It’s from @suhoswife: Oppas, are you interested in someone right now? Ooh, I’m curious too.”

 

“I didn’t know you have a wife.” Chen said to Suho hyung.

 

“In the future I will.” Hyung said. “And to answer the question, uuhhh… It’s not like dating interested but more like ‘I want to be friends with her’ thing.”

 

“Nae, who is it?” Amber asked.

 

“It’s Jessica sunbaenim.”

 

“Oooh.” They both said. 

 

“Actually we met her last Saturday, right before her guesting on the radio was aired.” Hyung said. “And for the guys, I don’t know about them.”

 

“But Baekhyun hyung.” Sehun said and I slightly glared at him. Of course he wouldn’t be stop just by that. “Hyung, has a crush.”

 

“Wohoho!” Eric and Amber said. “Who is it?”

 

“Ani. Don’t listen to him. I have no crush and I’m not interested in anyone.” I said and forced a smile.

 

“Eh?” Chanyeol said. “He actually has. He just don’t know the name.” Seriously, what a buddy. I thought sarcastically.

 

“So she’s from your school?” Eric asked.

 

“Nae, nae. That’s right.” Chen said.

 

“Seriously, what are you talking about?” I said trying to act clueless.

 

“He’s even acting like he really don’t know anything.” Amber said pointing at me.

 

“Don’t worry Baekhyun-ah, the still don’t know the girl.” Lay hyung said while patting my head.

 

“And I’m sure the girl wouldn’t know about it too.” Kai said laughing.

 

“Wae? Wae?” Eric asked.

 

“Baekhyun is too shy to make a move on her.” D.O. said chuckling.

 

“Yah! Aish. Jinjja.” I exclaimed while covering my face with my hands and shaking my head.

 

“Ahhh. Let’s put you out of misery, huh.” Amber said. “From @baekhyunismine: Who do you think is the smartest one?”

 

“Ah, that’s me.” I said.

 

“Oh really?” Chanyeol looked at me in disbelieve. “Remember during Physics time?”

 

“You really couldn’t just agree with me, huh?” I said.

 

“Nope.”

 

So yeah. It goes by like that. They would asked us a question and we would answer it or sometimes debate for it.

 

“Last question.” Amber said. “It is from…” Amber suddenly stopped and looked at the camera. “Seriously? Ah, jinjja. I didn’t know you are THAT big fan of them. Anyways, it’s from @mingkki21: When will you have a comeback?”

 

We all looked at Suho hyung and let him answer that question.

 

“Uhh, to be honest, we still don’t know. I think it won’t be soon though since we are busy with our fan meetings and school.”

 

“There. You had your answer. I hope you are happy.” Amber said again looking at the camera.

 

“Wae? Do you know who it is?” Eric asked.

 

“Yeah. She’s my friend who is a big fan of you guys.” Amber said and pointed at us.

 

“Ah, kamsahamnida.” We said.

 

“Nae, thank you also for being here.” Eric said. After saying some farewell words, the recording has ended and we drive back to our dorm.

 

Hours later, we’re having our dinner, curtesy of Xiumin hyung and D.O., as usual.

 

“Aha! So Minzy is the one who asked when would be our comeback.” Chanyeo said looking proud while looking at his phone.

 

“Where did you find it?” Kai asked.

 

“I just searched it up on google.” Chanyeol answered.

 

“Yah, Kai.” Suho hyung called him. “You and Sehun are in charge of the dishes today.”

 

“Mwoah? Why us?” They both exclaimed.

 

“When was the last time you wash the dishes, huh?” Suho hyung asked them. The two kept opening and closing their mouths.

 

“See, you can’t even remember it.” Suho hyung said. “Clean this up arasso?”

 

The both of them sigh and said, “Nae.”

 

While the two are busy cleaning he dishes, all of us are now in our rooms and preparing to sleep since we still have school tomorrow.

 

-----

 

Dara isn’t at school today. And I wonder why. I want to ask Bommie but I couldn’t bring myself to it. So here I am, at the cafeteria, eating my lunch, and really wanting to know why Dara is not here.

 

“Oh, Dara is not here also?” Sehun asked while looking across the room.

 

We followed where he is looking and found Bommie and Minzy eating by themselves today. I looked at him and asked, “CL is not here also?”

 

“Hmm.” He hum in response.

 

“Do you know why?” D.O. asked.

 

“I heard the girls talking earlier about CL going to New York fashion week.” Xiumin hyung said while munching his fries.

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Then do they know why Dara is not around also?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“Aniyo.” Xiumin hyung shook his head.

 

“Why didn’t you just asked Park Bom?” D.O. asked.

 

“Ahh, that didn’t came across my mind.” But it did to me.

 

When lunch has ended we went to our next class and waited for our other classmates to arrive.

 

“Ahhh. EXO, always early to arrive.” We all looked at the person who just entered the room.

 

“We just don’t want to late Bommie.” Chanyeol said.

 

“I can see that.” Bommie chuckled.

 

The girls walk and sat next to us. “How did the recording went yesterday?” Minzy asked.

 

“It was fun. The same feeling when we are guesting on a show.” I said.

 

“Make sure to watch it later, arasso?” Xiumin hyung said and Minzy nod her head.

 

“Oh, why is Dara not here?” Chen asked.

 

“She’s going to LA right now with Jessica unnie.” Boomie said.

 

“What are they doing there?” I asked.

 

“Photoshoot for a magazine and for Jessica unnie’s latest clothes on her business.” Minzy said.

 

“Do you know when will they be back?” I asked again. I could see the others are trying not to snicker in front of them.

 

“Uhhh. Probably by Saturday or...” Bommie said. “I don’t know.”

 

“Awwww. She’s gonna be absent for the rest of the week.” Suho hyung said looking at me faking a sad expression.