Chapter 16

The Spark in Her Eyes

Dara’s POV

 

“Move it higher. Stop! That’s too much. Lower, lower. A little bit to the right. I said a little bit, not too much! Move it to the left… left, left, left. Bring it higher. Nope, I mean lower.”

 

“CHEN! I will really punch you if you’re joking around.” Suho said.

 

“Hey, I’m serious! It needs to look perfect.” He said.

 

Today is Saturday, and we’re at the school helping in the preparations for the Winter Formal. Why? Simply, because we need to make up for the days of our absents. Minzy’s mom told us that they would fill the points that we miss.

 

The formal is only a week away and students couldn’t be more excited about it. There are a numerous girls who asked the EXO to be their date for the formal, but the boys declined. When we asked them why they didn’t accepted it, they said that they want it to be them who ask. Not the other way around.

 

The girls already have their dates. Bom is going with Chen, Chaerin is going with Suho, and Minzy is going with Sehun. Me? I still have none. There are guys who asked me to the formal, but I turn them down. I guess I don’t feel going with someone.

 

Or maybe, I’m just waiting for someone.

 

“AAAAAHHH!” I screamed when a balloon burst from my ear. I looked at the person behind me and found Baekhyun laughing his butts off holding the balloon. “BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

 

He suddenly stopped laughing when he heard my scream and ran the heck away from me.

 

“Don’t you ran away from me you bacon!” I shouted. He was still running away from me and his laugh is echoing in the gym.

 

“Aiisssh. Look at these two. Flirting again.” I heard Bommie said making me halt in my steps.

 

“What? Flirting? You must be out of your mind. Like always.” I said.

 

“Mwoah?!” Bommie threw her empty can to me, but I easily dodge it. I threw it back at her which hit her right on her stomach. “Ack!” Bommie was about to come to me when Chaerin stopped her.

 

“Unnie, you can continue that later. Right now, we have to finish this.” She said seriously that Bommie can’t help but to sigh.

 

“Arasso.” We sat back on the floor and continue to fill the balloons some air. I looked around the gym and found Baekhyun talking with his fellow members. Aish, I almost forgot what he did to me. I should have my revenge.

 

I know that we could finish the preparations today because of the amount of students that helped. But I really think it’s because they heard that EXO is gonna be here. I’m not complaining though. The more hands the better and faster.

 

“Do you already have your dress?” Bom asked.

 

“Nae.” Chaerin said.

 

“Me too.” Minzy answered.

 

“They’re still making it.” I said. “Unnie said that it will be finish by Monday or Tuesday.”

 

“How about you unnie?” Minzy asked.

 

“Nae. I have mine already.” Bommie said.

 

“I’ll just buy something in the vending machine.” I said and stood up right away. There are a few students here and there outside the gym, doing what seems like designs for the formal. As I reach the vending machine, I inserted some coins and press the food that I want to eat.

 

“BOO!” Someone said in my ear while holding my shoulders. I scream in shock and was about to punch the person who did that when I saw it was Baekhyun.

 

“Yah! You did that twice already!” I hit his arm hard making him wince in pain. I glared at him and grabbed my food and walked away.

 

“Mianhe.” Baekhyun said and who is now walking beside me.

 

“Of course you are.” I said while munching some chips.

 

“Really.” Baekhyun said. “Anyways… I, I was wondering if… if…”

 

“If?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

 

Baekhyun cleared his throat and said. “If… if you already have a date for the formal.”

 

Dug dug. Dug dug.

 

I was trying to keep my cool and said. “No. I still don’t have a date.”

 

“That’s great!” He said happily which made me raised my eyebrow again. “Oh, no. It’s not that, THAT, great. It’s, uhm… like, uh… how do I say this?”

 

“What?” I asked. He suddenly stand in front of me making me halt in my steps. “Mwoah?!”

 

He took a deep breath and said. “I know I should have made more effort, but you know I’m busy with our schedules. What I’m about to say comes from my heart and with sincerity. All right, here it goes.” He took another deep breath and said. “Will you be my date for the formal?”

 

And there it is. He finally said it. He finally asked me.

 

“Please?” He said when I didn’t say a thing to him.

 

I mean how could I? I was still in shock.

 

After gaining back my senses, I said to him. “Sure.”

 

The nervousness on his face was gone and was replaced with relief. His face broke into a smile and hugged me tightly.

 

“Thank you!” He said making me chuckle.

 

-----

 

“YOU’RE GOING WITH BAEKHYUN?!”

 

“Yah! Why the heck did you shout?!”

 

“Finally! I thought you were going to the formal with your cat!” Bommie said sighing in relief.

 

“What? Why would I do that?” I asked them.

 

“It’s because you rejected every guy that asked you, unnie.” Minzy said sheepishly.

 

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean I would go with my cat.” I said in disbelief.

 

“Well, we’re not sorry for thinking like that.” Chaerin shrugged her shoulders.

 

After our work in helping for the formal, the girls decided to go in my house which explain the shouting earlier.

 

The past few months, I could say I am better. I know it, I can feel it. I also think that the girls notice this too, but decided to not say a thing about it. They think that I would go back to the old me when they pointed this change out, but I can assure them I wouldn’t.

 

“Yah, don’t you guys have something to do?”

 

“Yeah.” Minzy said laying on my bed.

 

“But we decided to do it tomorrow.” Chaerin said looking something on my closet.

 

“We are going to sleep here.” Bommie said getting comfy with my bed. I sigh in return since it’s useless to argue with them.

 

“Unnie, I’m gonna borrow your clothes.” Chaerin didn’t even wait for my reply and went in my bathroom to have a shower.

 

“I’m gonna borrow your clothes too.” Minzy and Bommie said while grinning at me.

 

“Yeah, sure.” I said rolling my eyes. “Do you want to watch some movie?”

 

“Nae!”

 

“What do you want to watch?”

 

“I don’t know. Just pick whatever you like.” Bommie said who is now looking the magazine Jessica unnie and I was the cover.

 

“I’m gonna pick some Rom-Com movie. Is that okay?” I asked.

 

“Nae.”

 

“Unnie, did you already accept project with Eunhyuk oppa and Leeteuk oppa?” Minzy asked.

 

“Project? What project?” Bommie asked.

 

“Some photoshoot project.” I said still searching for a nice movie to watch. “And, no, not yet.”

 

“Yet? What do you mean ‘not yet’?” Bommie asked again.

 

“I let mom do the deciding thing.” I said.

 

“What are you guys modeling for?” Minzy asked again.

 

“Clothes from…” I suddenly stopped when I forgot which brand we are going to model. “Uhm, I forgot.”

 

“Jinjja?!” Bommie shouted. “How could you forgot?”

 

“Ah… Mianhe Bommie.” I said.

 

“What are you doing?” Chaerin finally emerged from the bathroom. She looks so cute without wearing any make-up.

 

“We are watching a movie.” I said. “Oh right! I remember now… It’s the clothes from NIRVANA.”

 

“Unnie, don’t play the movie yet.” Minzy said. “I’m gonna take a shower.”

 

“Yah!” Bommie shouted again. “I told you, I’m going next.” She got up from the bed and started to walk the bathroom, but Minzy got there first and immediately close the door. “Yah!”

 

Minzy laugh at the other end and said, “Sorry unnie, but I don’t remember I agreed to it.”

 

“Aish! This kid.” Bommie pouted walking back and face-planted my bed.

 

My phone suddenly vibrated on the table and I quickly get it. It was a text from Baekhyun.

 

“What color is your dress?” – Baekhyun

 

“Secret. You should guess it.” I found myself smiling as I send the message.

 

“Oh come on! I need to pair it with my tie.” – Baekhun

 

“*sigh*, fine. Its…”

 

“Its?”

 

“Secret.”

 

“Aish! You’re such a bully. :(”

 

“Ha ha! Look who’s talking. But seriously, I don’t know what color it will be.”

 

“How could you not know? It’s your dress.”

 

“They just took my measurements and Jessica unnie did all the bibidi babodi boo thing.”

 

“Haha. That’s cute. Guess I’ll just go with my instincts.”

 

“Yeah, you should.”

 

Later that night, the girls and I have our movie marathon and at some part of our sixth movie, we all fell asleep.