Chapter 17

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

This is it. The day of the formal.

 

The girls are really something. We told them that we would pick them up, but they didn’t want to. They told us that they would just meet us here in school. We tried to argue though, but they just wouldn’t budge.

 

So here we are, at the entrance of the building already waiting for them for 5 minutes now. Chanyeol, D.O., and I are wearing navy blue fitted suit. Suho hyung and Sehun are wearing black ones. Kai and Lay hyung are wearing gray ones, and Xiumin hyung and Chen are wearing dark red ones. The guys and I just differ in our polo underneath and our ties.

 

If you are wondering if the other guys have their dates, well… they don’t. They said that they want to enjoy this night without wanting to think about anyone else.

 

“Is my breath bad?” Chen suddenly puff out his breath right in front of my face.

 

“What the heck?!” I lean away from him.

 

“So? Is it bad?” Chen asked again.

 

“No. Why? Did you forgot to brush your teeth?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

 

“No.” He shook his head.

 

“Then there’s nothing to worry about.” Suho hyung said.

 

“Where are they?” Kai asked while looking around. “The formal is about to start.”

 

“I think they’re here.” Xiumin hyung said while pointing at the black van that just stop in front if the school. The person who seated at the front of the van climb down and opened the door.

 

“Yup. That’s them.” Lay hyung said. “I remember that face. He’s one of the bodyguards of Dara.” The guys and I walked closer to the van and waited for the girls to come down.

 

Minzy was the first one to go out from the van. She’s wearing a white floor length dress and she cut her hair. She now have a bangs and her hair was style with curls.

 

Sehun met Minzy half way and said something to her which made her laugh and Sehun then offered his arms to her.

 

“Waah. You look pretty.” Chanyeol said when the both of them are standing with us.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” Minzy said. “You guys look handsome too.”

 

“Eeey… Psshhh!” We all said.

 

“We all look handsome every day.” I said laughing.

 

The next one to come out is CL. She’s wearing a silver curve hugging short dress. The sleeves of it stopped on her elbow and the dress stopped just right above her knees and her blonde hair was straighten.

 

“Oooh! Hyung, you will have a hard time of keeping the other guys away from her.” Kai said laughing.

 

“Shut up.” Suho hyung said and walked to CL. He did what Sehun did earlier and walked back to us.

 

“CL-shi, looking dazzling as ever.” Xiumin hyung said grinning.

 

“Thanks.” CL smiled.

 

“What? No compliments for us?” Chen asked looking at her.

 

“Do I have to?” CL looked blankly at us and we nod. “Fine. You don’t look bad yourself.”

 

“Well, that’s better than nothing.” Chen said.

 

Bom come out next. She’s wearing an off the shoulder red short dress, revealing her long legs. Her hair was in an up do, which made her look like a doll.

 

“I don’t think Suho hyung will be the only one.” Lay hyung said laughing. It didn’t need to be elaborated to get what he meant. Chen also did what the other guys did and walked back to us.

 

“You look like a doll.” Kyungsoo said smiling at her.

 

“Was that a compliment?” Bom asked raising her eyebrows.

 

“Of course.” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Well thanks. But, wait till you see Dara.” Bom said while clapping her hands.

 

“Oh, you should.” Minzy said and high-fived CL.

 

“Wae? Why is that?” I asked them, but they just shrugged back.

 

Just like that, Dara climb out from the van. And dare I say she looks stunning! She’s wearing a black flowy dress with a slit on her left leg and stopped between her left thigh. Her hair was in a half-up and half-down up do. She looks like an angel sent from above.

 

Oh my gosh, I sound so cheesy!

 

“Oi! Don’t just stand there.” Bom said and pushed me. I was bought back in reality when Bom did that. I immediately walked to Dara, but not before hearing the girls chuckle.

 

“Hi.” I said breathless which made Dara chuckle.

 

“Hi.” She smiled.

 

“You look…” I keep opening and closing my mouth, contemplating what word would best describe her. “Beautiful.” I finally said.

 

“Thanks.” She smiled again. “And you look handsome too.”

 

“You mean more handsome?”

 

“Whatever you say.” She chuckled.

 

“Shall we?” I said and offered my arm to her. She didn’t bat an eye and link her arm to me and we both walked back to the guys.

 

The guys was still speechless when we got there. Well, except for Chen, Sehun, and Suho hyung.

 

“Wow. You look like an angel.” Chanyeol said with wide eyes.

 

“Yeah. What he said.” All of them said.

 

“Thank you.” She said. “And you’re looking good too.”

 

“Yah! Guys! Snap out of it.” I said while snapping my fingers in front of them.

 

“Oh. Right.” Xiumin hyung said. “Kaja? The formal is already starting.”

 

All of us started to walk to the dome and keeps talking on everthing.

 

“Oh! Oh!” D.O. suddenly said in excitement. “Let’s go to the photo booth.”

 

The rest of us looked at where D.O. is pointing and decided to go there. We all agreed that we would have a picture of our dates first, then boys group, then girls, then all of us in it.

 

When it was Dara and I‘s turn, we first pose a formal one. The second was when I put my arm around her and pull her closer to me and we grin widely at the camera. The third one was we are looking at each other lovingly, like we are in love. I admit, that gave me a little heart attack. And the last one is when I bravely kiss her cheek, which took her by surprise. That picture did come out well though.

 

Our group photos are funnier. Wacky poses everywhere, and I will let you imagine the poses we did on the picture.

 

After that, we finally entered the dome, and music is already blasting. Each of us separated and do what we wanted to do. I heard Chen and Bom went to the food table to try the food there. Dara and I went to the dance floor and dance our night out. And at some point, the others made their way to us and we all dance like crazies.

 

After maybe for almost like an hour, Dara and I sat on of the chairs and catch our breaths.

 

“Do you want something to eat and drink?” I asked her.

 

“Yes, please.” She said gratefully. I walked to the food table and both gut us some water and some chips. When I got back at the table, the others are already there and catching their breaths.

 

“Here.” I said and place the chips and water on the table.

 

“Thanks.” She said and opened the water and took a huge gulp of it.

 

“Hoo! This is so much fun!” Chanyeol shouted while wailing his arms.

 

“I could tell.” Minzy said chuckling.

 

“Where’s Sehun?” I asked.

 

“He’s getting something to drink.” Minzy replied and I nod my head.

 

When Sehun came back, the rest of us have a chatting time and took a little rest. The night is still young. I’m sure this formal will drain the life out of us.