Chapter 12

The Spark in Her Eyes

Dara’s POV

 

We’ve just arrived at the LAX and it’s now 9 in the evening. As usual, LA is still as hot as ever. We’re just waiting for our luggage to arrive and we are ready to go.

 

“Finally. Here it is.” Jessica unnie was about to grab it when one of our bodyguards are already holding it with mine. “Thank you.” Jessica unnie said and the bodyguard just bowed.

 

Unnie linked her arms around mine and we walk out of the airport. We were walking out peacefully when we heard someone screamed. There is a mass of people waving some banners outside the airport.

 

“Unnie, I thought no one knew about our flight here?” I asked unnie.

 

I heard her sigh and said, “I thought so too.”

 

Fans are waving wildly at us even if it’s late in the evening already. We walk towards them and our bodyguards are following behind us, being more attentive than earlier.

 

“Oh my gosh!” A fan said. “I’m a huge fan of both of you guys.”

 

“Aww, thank you.” Jessica unnie said and gave her an autograph. I was also giving my autograph to the fans and have a selca with them too.

 

“How did you know we are flying here?” I asked while writing something on the paper a fan gave me.

 

“Sources.” The fan said and I couldn’t help but to chuckle. “We couldn’t let a single thing slip if it involves the both of you.”

 

I laugh at what she said. “Well thank you. Make sure you buy unnie’s album, arasso?”

 

“Wouldn’t miss it like, ever.”

 

After I hand her back her paper and pen, I proceed to the other one and the next one and the next one, until the manager of Jessica unnie told us that it’s time that we head to our hotel.

 

-----

 

“Unnie! We’re going to be late if you don’t hurry up!” I shouted from the living room.

 

“Nae!” She shouted back from the bedroom.

 

When we arrived here last night, we immediately prepare ourselves to bed and sleep. The flight was really tiring if you ask me.

 

“I’m ready. Let’s go.” We walk down to the lobby and climb to our car.

 

“Unnie, where are we going to do the photoshoot?” I asked while checking my Instagram. I should update soon.

 

“Just at the streets.” She said and I hum back.

 

I was checking the girls Instagram and to my surprise, Minzy updated hers with a picture of EXO with Bommie and her. She even tagged Sehun, Chanyeol, Lay, and Baekhyun.

 

I don’t know why my fingers press Baekhyun’s name. It’s like, it just happened. And instead of going back, I found myself looking at his feed. He doesn’t update his Instagram much, unlike me. Kkkk.

 

“Ah, kyeowo.” I suddenly said out loud.

 

“What is?” Unnie asked me.

 

“Nothing.” I said and looked back at my phone.

 

“Really?” Unnie asked me again suspiciously.

 

“Really.” Before unnie could say anything, the car stopped and one of the staff said that we should go to our van and prepare.

 

Going to our van, we change clothes, put some make-up, and what not. The van was heavy tinted though, the people outside can’t see what’s going on inside the van.

 

When we got out, everything was already set.

 

“Alright, since you girls are already pro at this, just do whatever you like.” The photographer said chuckling and unnie and I also chuckle along with him.

 

This photoshoot is for Elle. They said that we are the cover for their next month issue.

 

The photographer said that we should take shots with the both of us first and the individual will be later. Jessica unnie and I went to our places after his instructions. After a few poses here and there, we are now gaining some attention. Some people stopped from walking and looked at us. Some of them are even taking photos.

It was around one in the afternoon when we finished the photoshoot.

 

“Great job everyone, great job.” Jessica unnie and I said and bowed to the staffs around here. The staffs also did the same to us.

 

The bodyguards are immediately around us since there are a crowd forming in the place already. They escorted us to our van and let us climb in. Our bodyguards are forming a space around the van from the fans so they can’t snoop around.

 

Jessica unnie and I change our clothes so we could go around LA for a while. Unnie is wearing black shorts and a loose pink shirt, while I’m wearing a jean shorts, a big black shirt but the sleeves are cut. I also tucked the front hem of my shirt under my shorts and Jessica unnie and I are wearing a matching black sneakers.

 

When we opened the van to get out, the fans started to scream and call our names. Unnie and I went to them to take pictures with them but our bodyguards told us no because we didn’t have our lunch yet.

 

“It’s okay.” Jessica unnie said. “This won’t take long.” The bodyguard nod his head and let us do it.

 

And as promise, we didn’t take long giving it to the fans. We walk to our car and climb inside.

 

I leaned to the driver and said, “Mr. Jeon.” He is our forever loyal driver. Where ever we go, he’s there driving for us.

 

“Nae, Miss Dara?”

 

“Let’s go to this burger restaurant.” I said and gave him my phone. He took the name of the burger restaurant and put it to the GPS of the car.

 

“Nae, Miss Dara.” Mr. Jeon said and started driving.

 

“Unnie, are you okay with burgers?” I asked Jessica unnie who is busy on her phone.

 

“It’s not like a had a choice.” Unnie looked up from her phone. “You already told Mr. Jeon where you wanna go.”

 

“I love you too unnie.” I said and unnie just chuckled at me.

 

After a few minutes, we arrived at the burger restaurant. Unnie and I walk out of the car and went in the restaurant. There are customers here and there, but not to the point that it’s crowded.

 

Unnie and I sat at the table beside the window and a few seconds later, a waiter came.

 

“Hi, what can I get you two?” He asked.

 

“I want this and this,” Jessica unnie pointed something on the menu and the waiter immediately right it down. “I also want some fries besides it, the both of them. And two coke please.” Unnie handed the menu back on the waiter. “And can you give us some water?”

 

“Of course. Uuh, this will be served right away ma’am.” The waiter said and walk away.

 

“Where do you want to go after we eat?” Unnie asked.

 

“We could stroll around here.” I said while looking outside. “There are many boutiques and sights here that we can go to.”

 

“Drive or walk?”

 

“Walk.”

 

“But we will probably burn out.”

 

“I have a sunblock on my bag.”

 

“I knew there’s a girl scout within you.” Unnie said proudly.

 

“Yeah, sure.” I chuckled.

 

The waiter came back to our table bringing our food. He placed it down on our table and walked away.

 

“Finally.” We both said and eat like beasts.

 

None of us said a word since we are both hungry and the food here is so delicious. I want to bring some back at the hotel.

 

Half an hour later, our food is gone and our tummy is very full.

 

“Oh, I almost forgot.” I said. “Do you have an invitation for the New York fashion week?”

 

“Nae, I have.” Unnie said back.

 

“Why didn’t you go?” I asked.

 

“As you can see, I’m very busy.” Unnie said and wipe . “Wae? Why did you ask?”

 

“Chaerin is there with her mom.” I said.

 

“Auntie must have asked her to come along.” Unnie said.

 

“Yeah.”

 

Unnie called the waiter for the bill and the waiter came to us with our bill.

 

“Keep the change.” Unnie said and started to stand up.

 

“Thank you ma’am.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

We walked back to our car and apply sunblock all over our body. When I say all over, I mean all over. After that, we went out again and started to go around here. Of course, our bodyguards are still behind us, following wherever we go.

 

We went store to store and eat lots of food. And of course, we also took a lot of pictures. We are currently at the bookstore looking for something that will catch our eyes. While unnie is on the novel part of the store, I was on the part where they display the magazines of the Korean idols.

 

“Omo, omo, omo.” Somebody said. “Hi.” The person said breathlessly. I looked up from the magazine I was looking and find a girl wearing a big smile.

 

“Hello.” I smiled at her.

 

“Oh my gosh!” She suddenly jumped around and I can’t help but to laugh at her. “C-can I have your autography?”

 

“Sure.” I said and gave her my autograph.

 

“I’m a huge fan of you and your sister.” She said.

 

“Thank you.” I said and handed her back her paper and pen.

 

“Uh, can I have a selca with you?”

 

“Sure.” I walked closer to her and put my arms around her. After a few shots I said, “My sister is here also. You can go to her if you want.”

 

The girls eyes went wide and said, “Really? Oh my gosh, thank you!” She suddenly squealed and hugged me, but before I could hug her back she ran away probably to find my sister.

 

I was about to walk around when I saw an EXO logo behind some magazines. I picked it up found the nine of them being the front cover of it. This magazine was only a few months ago.

 

The magazine is like their autobiography. Their hobbies, interests, and favorites are here. Even their ideal types.

 

There are various photo of a specific member before their ‘profile’, or something like that. I was planning on just scanning the photos when my hands stopped to where Baekhyun is.

 

Aaaah! Jinjja!

 

While reading his profile, it said there that he plays online games when he has the time, he likes to eat, and so on and so forth. It also said here that he likes girls that is charming, very caring, lovable, and would look good in any hairstyle.

 

That would be me.

 

Wwoooaaa?! What the hell?!

 

 I immediately put back the magazine like it burn my skin.

 

“Seriously! What the hell were you thinking?!” I said to myself and start to slap my face.

 

“Dara-yah.” I turn around and find unnie already holding a bag. “Kaja?”

 

I nod and we walked out of the store together.

 

“How many books did you bought?” I asked.

 

“Uuh, three books.” She said and handed the bag to our bodyguard.

 

We continued to walk around and suddenly we found a wall that has a wings painted on it.

 

“Oh, oh!” Jessica unnie suddenly exclaimed and pulled me to it. “Pose here, I will take a picture of you.” She took a couple of steps back and she motioned me to step on my right and gave a thumbs up.

 

I suddenly looked at my right and welcome the beam of them sun and I looked back in front and close my eyes. It’s like I was really spreading my wings.

 

“Awww. So beautiful.” Jessica unnie gushed.

 

“It’s your turn now unnie.” I said but unnie shooke her head.

 

“Take a picture of me with that man.” She said pointing at the very tall man that looks like he’s from the circus with all of his costume.

 

“Arasso.” I said and we walk to him. Unnie just looked up to the man and the man was like patting unnie’s head. I laugh and said, “Haha. It’s so cute.”

 

It was around 7 in the evening when we finished strolling around. And since we are too tired to walk back, we asked Mr. Jeon to come and picked us up. We went straight to the hotel and the bodyguards help us carrying with the things we bought today.

 

When we arrived at our room, we immediately clean ourselves and went to bed. This day was sure tiring.