Chapter 4

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

“Park Bom!” Lay hyung suddenly called her and gained the girls attention.

 

This hyung is really… *sigh*

 

Bom looks at us surprised. “Oh, annyeong. I didn’t know you’re here.”

 

She walks closer to us with Minzy and Chaerin trailing behind.

 

“Yeah, you’re on your little world when you got here.” Chanyeol said smiling.

 

“Oh! I would like you to meet my other members.” I said. “Guys?”

 

Suho hyung cleared his throat and said, “I’m Suho, EXO’s leader.”

 

“Xiumin immnida, sunbaenim.”

 

“I’m Chen sunbae.”

 

“D.O. sunbae, but you can call me Kyungsoo.”

 

“I’m Kai, sunbaenim.”

 

“And I’m Sehun, sunbae.”

 

“Wooh! That’s a lot of names. I’m weak at memorizing names so I will say sorry in advance if I will not call you by your names.” She smiled sheepishly.

 

“That’s okay sunbae.” Suho hyung said. “We’ve been there a lot.”

 

“Oh right! These are my sisters from different mothers. Kkk. This is Minzy, and this is Chaerin.”

 

Minzy waved while Chaerin just smiled at us.

 

“I’m sorry about them. They’re just shy around new people.” Bom smiles at us apologically.

 

“It’s okay sunbae.” Chen said.

 

“And call me by my name. No need for formalities.” She said.

 

“Nae Bom-shi.” Suho hyung said.

 

“Are you liking the school?” Minzy asked.

 

“You mean your school?” Sehun asked back.

 

“It’s not mine, it’s my parents.” She said rolling her eyes.

 

“Still.” Sehun said.

 

“Whatever.” Minzy answered back.

 

Hmm, I feel some tension going on.

 

“Uh, we don’t like it.” Kai said. “We love it.” He grinned and Minzy nod satisfied.

 

The teacher walk in the room after. The girls walk away and sit in front.

 

And like I said, we didn’t do anything today, just introduce and what not. After that, the teacher let us do whatever we want.

 

“What’s with you earlier?” I asked Sehun.

 

He scratch the back of his head and shrugged. “I don’t know.”

 

“I’m sure she will be mad at us.” I heard someone said and we all look at the person.

 

“She should’ve seen that coming.” Bom said.

 

“I mean, do you think we’re rushing things for her?” Minzy said quietly but we still could hear it since we are not that far away.

 

“I don’t know.” Chaerin said and shrug her shoulders.

 

“But it’s been years!” Bom suddenly shouted and the others looked at her.

 

“Shh! Keep it quiet!” Chaerin glared at Bom while Minzy covered Bom’s mouth.

 

“There’s nothing to look here guys.” Minzy said.

 

The five other students continued to whatever they were doing, but the guys and I just looked at each other.

 

“What are they saying?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“I don’t know. But what I know is that we are out of it.” Suho hyung said. “And we will stay out of it.”

 

“You’re no fun.” Chen said and Suho hyung just rolled his eyes.

 

Until the bell ring, we just talked about everything and anything. We all walk together to our next class which is learning some instruments. I bet Chanyeol and Lay hyung is so excited with this one. I think all of us is looking forward to this subject, besides learning new instruments, we could also enhance our skills.

 

When we got there and opened the door, the room is so loud. There are already students who are playing with some of the instruments. It’s like there’s a live band playing here. Aside from that, there are also students dancing and singing along.

 

“Guys!” Taecyeon approached us. “The teacher is not around so come and join us.”

 

“How did you know that the teacher is not here?” I asked.

 

“A worker here said it from the intercom.” He said.

 

“But, why didn’t we hear it?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“The rooms have two intercoms. One is for everyone to hear and the other one is for the room only, just like what they did a while ago.” He answered.

 

“That is so cool.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Tell me about it.” Taecyeon said. “So, wanna join our jamming session?”

 

The guys and I looked at each other and we all shrugged. “Why not.”

 

For the whole period, that is what we all did.

 

“My throat hurts.” Chen said while touching his throat.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised. We keep on singing for the whole hour.” I said.

 

“I feel like I’m about to die laughing earlier.” Kai said.

 

“Chanyeol looks like a possessed man while playing the drums.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Well, what can I say.” Chanyeol shrug his shoulders.

 

“I think it’s my first time watching Lay going wild while playing the piano.” Xiumin hyung said.

 

“Yeah, me too.” Lay hyung said.

 

“Alright, that’s enough. We should head back to our lockers and get our extra clothes for our double dance.” Suho hyung said.

 

After that, we walk back to our lockers to get our clothes and walk to the bathroom near our classroom.

 

The room is just like the other one. When we opened the door, the music is blaring. Students are talking with one another while stretching.

 

“Hyung, look.” Sehun said and pointed somewhere. “We are classmates again with Bom-shi, Minzy-shi, and Chaerin-ah.”

 

We look to where she was pointing and found the girls talking to some of our classmates while stretching.

 

“Do you guys think we should stretch also?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Yeah. Let’s just copy what they are doing.” Suho hyung said.

 

After putting our bags down the floor, we proceed to do what the others are doing. A minute later, the teacher walk in the room.

 

“Annyeong yeoreobun.” The teacher said.

 

“Annyeong seosangnim.”  We replied.

 

The teacher suddenly sigh and said, “Why do I get to have the exact students again? I was hoping that I won’t get to see you this year.”

 

“You really love us Mr. J.Y. Park.” A student said.

 

“Of course I do.” The teacher said sarcastically. “Good thing, I get to see new faces here.” He said while looking at us. “Gentlemen?”

 

“Yes sir?” Suho hyung asked and the girls scream and be all giddy. Well, except for those three.

 

“I know most of the students already know you but can you still introduce yourselves?” He asked and we all nod and went to the front.

 

“We are one. Annyeonghaseyo EXO immnida.”

 

“I’m Suho.”

 

“Xiumin”

 

“Lay”

 

“Chanyeol”

 

“Baekhyun”

 

“Chen”

 

“Kyungsoo”

 

“Kai”

 

“Sehun”

 

“Very well. Now, can I ask you to show some moves for us?” The teacher ask and the girls screamed again.

 

Since we didn’t prepare anything, we just dance Monster, the teacher seems to be satisfied with it. And so is the other students.

 

“How long have you been a trainee?” The teacher asked.

 

“Uh… Suho is the longest, 7 years. While the others and I, ranges from 3-5 years.” Xiumin hyung said.

 

“Oooh. That’s quite long.” The teacher nod his head. “How’s your career going?”

 

“It’s going good sir.” Lay hyung said smiling.

 

“Good. Good. I hope you would last long. Fighting!” he said.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” We thank and bowed at him.

 

“I won’t be like the other teachers, arasso? Now, let’s start our class shall we?” He said. “Park Bom! Eating in the classroom again?”

 

We all look at Bom-shi who is having a hard time chewing her food with a piece of bread in her hand.

 

“I’m not seosangnim.” She tried to deny, but the teacher only look at her blankly. Chaerin gave her a bottle of water and Bom immediately drink it.

 

“If I will caught you eating here again, I will surely tell Hwangsabu.” The teacher said.

 

Bom suddenly gasp and said, “I swear J.Y. Park, this will be the last time you will see me eating here again.” When the teacher is not looking at Bom, she immediately put the bread to and chew it quickly.

 

I heard the guys chuckle and said, “Kyeowo.”

 

“Line up everyone. Let’s start this class with…” The teacher said and not a second later we officially started our class.

 

The teacher is showing us some basic moves and he said we would dance it later when we memorize all of it.

 

“… 5, 6, 7, 8.” J.Y. Park said and right on time, the bell ring. “Great job today kids.”

 

“Kamsahamnida seosangnim.”

 

We walk to get our bags and went to change our now sweaty shirts. Of course, we didn’t change in front of our classmates, ’cuz that would be somehow awkward.

 

“Hyung, can stop by to a restaurant to get some bubble tea?” Sehun asked.

 

“Haven’t you had enough?” I asked him.

 

“You already had bubble tea earlier, you want some more?” Suho hyung asked in disbelief.

 

“No and Yes.” He replied.

 

Suho hyung rolled his eyes and said, “Fine, we can stop by.”

 

Sehun pumped up his fist and said, “Yehet.”

 

After changing our clothes, we stop by a restaurant to eat. We would just only buy bubble tea, but the others said they were hungry. When we finished eating, we drive back to our dorm and do whatever we want to do.