Chapter 14

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Yah!” I shouted from the living room. “What’s taking you guys so long?!”

 

“What do you mean they’re taking so long?” D.O. asked while reading a magazine from the couch. He’s also prepared for to go to school like me. “You’re just early than usual.”

 

“Yeah.” Sehun said as he arrived in the living room and wear the school’s jacket on. “Don’t be too excited hyung.”

 

“Excited for what?” I said innocently and the both of them rolled their eyes.

 

Chanyeol scoffed as soon as he reach the living room. “Like you don’t know.”

 

“And besides, maybe Dara won’t be back today.” Chen said smiling evilly.

 

“Yah! Shut up.” I said glaring at him. “I still didn’t forgive you on what you did last time.”

 

If you’re thinking about the night Dara had a conversation with us, then you’re perfectly right.

 

He asked Bom for Dara account in Line and used my phone to add her. And don’t even tell me that I shouldn’t have gave it to him. He and the others ganged up on me to get my phone. And for the whole day that day, they keep on teasing me. The only time they stopped was when we were doing our fan meeting.

 

“Alright, that’s enough.” Suho hyung said as he adjusted the strap of his bag. “Let’s go.”

 

-----

 

Unfortunately, Chen was right. Dara wasn’t around this morning, and I’m losing hope that I will see her today.

 

I sigh in disappointment as we walk to the cafeteria.

 

“Awww. Don’t be like that.” Lay hyung said and put his arms around my shoulder.

 

“Yeah. Maybe she will attend her afternoon classes.” Chanyeol said happily.

 

“Yeah, maybe.” I replied lamely.

 

As we walk to the cafeteria, we saw the others standing outside with Bom, Minzy, and Chaerin. They were talking and laughing loudly outside.

 

“Why are you still here?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“We were waiting for you.” Bom said happily.

 

“Why? Where are we going?” I asked.

 

“They invited us to their leisure room.” Xiumin hyung whispered to us.

 

“Oh, really?!” We asked in surprise and they all nod.

 

“Kaja?” Bom said and we started to walk.

 

“How about our food?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I already asked some of the personnel on the kitchen to deliver some food to us.” Chaerin said without looking back at us.

 

“Oh? Is it okay?” Kai asked.

 

“Yeah. We are friends with the staffs there.” Minzy said. “We offered to pay them every time we ask for something like this, but they declined. They said that it’s okay with them.”

 

“Waa. Daebak.” Suho hyung said.

 

“CL-shi, when did you came back?” I asked.

 

“Saturday night.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Do you know if Dara’s back already?” Xiumin hyung asked while looking at me.

 

I heard Bom sigh and said, “No. She was supposed to arrive yesterday, but she told me that their flight got delayed.”

 

“And she didn’t call?” I asked.

 

“Nope.” Oh.

 

We entered in a door where there’s a restricted sign on it, and walk up the stairs. There’s a door on the other side of it and this time it was locked. CL walked closer and press the code and the door opened in an instant.

 

As soon as she walked inside, she gasped. “Omo.”

 

“Wae?” Bom asked and we walked in. “Daebak!”

 

There was a person asleep on their couch. I don’t know who she is since her arm is covering her face.

 

“I thought that this only for you and your friends?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“It is.” Minzy said smiling. They walked to the girl and start hitting her using pillow. The girl was surprised and fell down the couch.

 

“Aaahhhh!” She shouted and we couldn’t help but to laugh. “Yah!! Aissh! Jinjja-yo?!” She irritably said.

 

The girl started to get up and said, “Why can’t you just wake me up like a normal person?” I know she’s glaring at the three of them even if her back was on us.

 

“Because we are not normal.” Bom said cheekily and hugged her.

 

The guys and I are now standing awkwardly at the door. Maybe, it was a better idea if we just eat at the cafeteria.

 

I cleared my throat to get their attention and I succeed. The four of them looked at us and took us by surprise.

 

“Dara?!” We shouted.

 

“You dyed your hair?” Chen asked dumbly.

 

Dara was also looking at us surprised. “I-, uh, uhm…”

 

“Oh, right!” Bom suddenly exclaimed making us jump in surprise. “We invited them here.”

 

“Yeah… I can see that.” Dara said. “Oh, and uh, this…” she pointed her hair. “Yeah, I dyed it.”

 

Is it possible that she could even look more beautiful? I know that I’m staring at her like a love-sick puppy, and I could feel like I don’t care.

 

“Baekhyun’s loving it.” Sehun said.

 

“Yeah. I do.” I said mindlessly. Oh crap. Did I just say that?!

 

I could feel the guys looking at me playfully.

 

“Thanks.” Dara said and smiled at me. I was looking in her eyes and she was looking into mine.

 

Gosh, that sounds so gay.

 

There was a knock on the door and Minzy opened it. A person walked in bringing lots of food for us and we didn’t waste a time eating it right away.

 

“What time did you arrive here?” CL asked.

 

“Around 4 in the morning.” Dara said beside me. Yes, you’ve read it right. She’s beside me. The guys made me sit beside her.

 

“Oooh.” Xiumin hyung said. “You must be jetlag.”

 

“Totally.”

 

“You should’ve just rested unnie.” Minzy said.

 

“I can’t miss another school day.” Dara sigh tiredly. “I was supposed to attend this morning but, as you can see I fell asleep waiting.”

 

“You should just rest in your home.” Bom said.

 

“Her mom would kill me.” Dara pointed at Minzy. “She said to me before the school year starts that I should lessen my absent days.”

 

“For whom was the photoshoot that you did?” Kai asked.

“For Elle and unnie’s new collection.” Dara said.

 

“Baekhyun-ah! Why are so quiet over there?” Bom asked and I could see the guys are fighting back their smiles.

 

“I’m in the mood to just listen today.” I said smoothly.

 

“But aren’t you the one who’s the most talkative?” Minzy raised her eyebrow at me

.

“Yeah.” Chanyeol said. “But there are times that he just wants to listen.” Nice save there, big ears.

 

“Yah, make sure you guys buy the magazine, arasso?” Dara said to us cutely. Aish, I just want to pinch her cheeks.

 

“Nae!”

 

After that, we chatted away our spare time until the bell rings. Dara also attended her afternoon classes because she didn’t want to miss more subjects.

 

It was our last subject and we just finished our lesson for today. The teacher told us to sit down since he had something to say.

 

“Alright,” he started to say in front. “I want you to do a dance that would put all of our lessons in it. I don’t care how you do it, or what songs will you choose. You just need to put it there, am I clear?”

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“Also, I want to be not less than 3 minutes. I also encourage you put a little mix to it. You know what I mean?”

 

“Uuhhh, no sir.” Bom said and the teacher sigh.

 

“I mean, you should also do a little of… how do you say this, twist, I guess.” Bom’s mouth formed an ‘o’ when she understand what the teacher was saying. “And I also want you to do it by two.”

 

“Just two?” Bom said in dismay.

 

“Wae? Do you want it by individual?” J.Y. Park raised his eyebrow at Bom.

 

“Aniyo.” Bom shook her head quickly.

 

“Thought so.” J.Y. Park said satisfied. “I want you to pick it by heart. I won’t assign who your partner will be ‘cuz that will just add up to my work. Now, go. Pick your partner.”

 

“Oh! Before I forget, you will perform it by Friday.”

 

My classmates are now up on their feet looking for their partner. I, on the other hand, is still standing near the guys, lost my in own world. I was about to ask Xiumin hyung when someone patted my shoulder. I looked at the person behind me and found Dara standing there.

 

“Oh, Dara. Wae?” I asked trying to be cool and not be affected by her.

 

“Do you want to be my partner?” She asked.

 

I suddenly looked at her wide eyes. I think my brain stopped working. “I, I, uh, m-me, y-you…” See? I couldn’t even make a proper sentence.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t want to. I could just find someone else.” She said and started to walk away.

 

“Wait!” I grab her hand and I swear I felt the spark the moment I held it. “I didn’t say I don’t want to.”

 

“So, you want to pair up with me?” She tilt her head unconsciously making her look cuter than she already is.

 

Grinning, I said. “Of course.” And before I could stop myself I pinch the both of her cheeks.

 

I release it immediately though when I saw her looked at me confused. “Sorry.” I smiled sheepishly.

 

“It’s okay.” She smiled back.

 

“Yah! Lovebirds!” Someone shouted and made the both of us looked at the person.

 

“Eeeesssh! You really look like a couple.” Bom said teasingly. We didn’t notice that we we’re the only people left here on the room. I guess the bell rang already.

 

“We’re not!” We both denied together making us looked at each other. Oh! That rhymes.

 

“Are you sure?” Chen smirked.

 

“Yes!” We said in chorus again.

 

“Really sure?!” They said teasingly.

 

Before we could say something, CL said. “Come on. Let’s just go. Unnie need to be home and rest. I’m sure she’s really tired.”

 

No one refused to what CL said and we started to walk out of school and went home.

 

-----

 

It’s 9 in the evening and the guys and I are already in our rooms preparing to sleep. Thank goodness they are in their rooms already.

 

Earlier when we were in our van going back here, the guys can’t keep their mouths shut. They keep teasing me about how I must be on cloud 9 today. Since it will be no use going up against them, especially if you’re alone, I let them tease me until they shut up.

 

I was about to sleep when my phone vibrated. I almost dropped it when I saw Dara leave a message on my line. I quickly opened it and it said, “Baekhyun-ah, are you still awake?”

 

Replying right away, I said. “Yup. Wae?”

 

Not a minute later she replied. “Can you give me your number?” Say what?!

 

OH. MY. GOSH. She just asked for my number. ASDFGHJKL! After my internal screaming, I quickly type my number and pressed send. She didn’t reply after that. Instead, she called me.

 

SHE FREAKINGCALLED ME!! Well, I know it’s her since she just ask my number.

 

But, OH MY GOODNESS MY HEART!!

 

I suddenly sat up and control my breathing. Clearing my throat for a couple of times, I answered it.

 

“Nae?” I said.

 

“Uh, hi. It’s me, Dara.” She said awkwardly.

I chuckled and said, “Yes, I know it’s you.”

 

“Oh, right.”

 

“So, why did you call?”

 

“I was wondering if you are free tomorrow after class.” Is this what I think it is?! “We need to start right away our dance. J.Y. Park didn’t gave a lot of time as you can see.”

 

Oh.

 

“I, uhm…” I cleared my throat unconsciously. “We have fan meeting tomorrow. But I think we won’t end up late.”

 

“Hmm.” I heard her say.

“Really. We won’t end up late tomorrow.”

 

“You know I’m not forcing you right? I was just asking.” She said.

 

“I know. But, I don’t want to be burden to you.” I heard her chuckle.

 

“You’re not. Really.” She sigh after that. “Just text or call me if you can practice tomorrow, arasso?”

“Nae.” I said.

 

“Okay. Good night Baekhyun.”

 

“Nae. Good night Dara-yah.”