Chapter 7

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“Earth to Baekhyun!” Someone shouted in my ear causing me to jump in surprise. I glared at the person beside me and found Chanyeol grinning widely.

 

“Why are you like that?” Suho hyung asked me curiously.

 

“Like what?” I asked back.

 

“Like that.” Xiumin hyung said and I look at him confused.

 

“Huh?”

 

“What he meant was why are you looking so serious?” Kyungsoo said.

 

“I am not.” I said while the others just rolled their eyes at me.

 

“Is it because of what happened earlier?” Lay hyung asked.

 

“Which is?” Kai asked.

 

I sigh knowing they wouldn’t stop pestering me until I told them.

 

We’re walking to our next class which is acting and just like earlier, the teacher wasn’t there when we arrive. Walking in the room, we sat on the vacant chairs infront.

 

“It’s just the second day and I feel like dying.” I said.

 

“Don’t exaggerate Baekhyun-ah.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes at me.

 

“It’s true! Urgh, I wish its lunch already.” I said while pouting.

 

“Baekhyun-ah…” Lay hyung said. “Don’t pout. You don’t look anywhere near cute.” Chanyeol laugh out loud gaining some attention to him.

 

“Hyung! Aish, really.” I glared at him.

 

Lay hyung just laugh at me and opened the door to our next class. Just like earlier, the teacher wasn’t there when we arrived.

 

“Hyung, what do you think about the new girl?” Chanyeol asked Lay hyung.

 

Hyung shrugged his shoulders. “I think she’s normal.”

 

“Hyung! Ah, really.” Chanyeol said frustrated while I just laugh at them.

 

“What? Really. Wae? Do you think she’s an alien?” Lay hyung asked wide eyes.

 

By now I am really laughing hard. This hyung is really weird.

 

“Aish, nevermind hyung.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

Mrs. Kyu Hye Sun walked in with Dara beside her and was happily talking to Dara. Hye Sun then motioned Dara to sit anywhere she likes.

 

“Yeoreobun!” Hye Sun suddenly said. “As you all know we have a new student, and as a part of welcoming her, like what we did to everyone yesterday, I would like her to do an impromptu.” She then looked at Dara who sigh.

 

“Why do you always do this to me?” Dara asked somehow annoyed.

 

“Baekhyun-ah!” I looked back to the teacher faster than a lightning speed.

 

“Nae?”

 

“Would you kindly help Dara for this?” Hye Sun asked.

 

What? Me? Why me? “Nae seonsangnim.” I stiffly walked in front and faced Dara.

 

I was about to say something when she looked at me, tears already flowing from her eyes. I was taken aback by how she can easily cry.

 

Dara walked closer to me and I almost step back if I didn’t caught myself. She suddenly hugged me and said, “Please, please don’t leave me.”

 

I couldn’t say a word for a second there. You could feel her emotions as she said that. It’s so raw, like she really experienced it.

 

Snapping back to reality, I hugged her back but then untangle her arms around me. “I’m sorry but I have too. It would be unfair to you if I couldn’t return your feelings anymore.”

 

“But you promised me.” She look so broken. “You promised me that you wouldn’t leave me. You promised that you wouldn’t do what he did to me.” Dara looked down and laugh bitterly. “I guess you are just like him, eh? I should’ve known.”

 

Grabbing her face gently I said, “It’s not like that…”

 

“Then what?!” She shouted and pulled her face back rather harshly. But before I could say anything, everyone around us was clapping. I looked at them for a split second and looked back at Dara. I was surprised of how she change easily. Her eyes are now emotionless, lifeless.

 

“Baekhyun…” I looked at Hye Sun who is now in front of me holding my shoulders. “You can go back to your seat.”

 

“Ah. N-nae.”

 

“So… you became like that because you did an impromptu with Dara?” Sehun asked.

 

“Are you not listening maknae?” I said. “The sudden change of emotion was kind of… I don’t know. I can’t explain it.”

 

“Of course it would change. That is why it was called acting.” Kyungsoo said. I just sigh and let them think what they want.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Chansung asked as he and his friends place down their trays in front of us.

 

“What do you guys know about Dara?” Xiumin hyung asked.

 

“That she’s the president’s daughter.” Junso said.

 

“And the younger sister of Jessica.” Junho said while munching some burgers.

 

“Yeah. We already know that.” Chanyeol said rolling his eyes.

 

“No way!” Suho hyung suddenly shouted while looking at his phone.

 

“Wae hyung? Did manager hyung texted you or something?” Kai asked.

 

Suho hyung shook his head and said, “No, I searched up Dara on the internet.”

 

“Then?” Chen asked.

 

“I knew she looks so familiar.” Suho hyung muttered.

 

“Yah, hyung. Share what you know.” Chanyeol said.

 

Instead of answering Chanyeol, Suho hyung looked at the persons in front of us.

 

“Yeah, that happened.” Wooyoung said.

 

“What? What happened?” I asked.

 

“Remember the tragic incident two years ago?” Suho hyung asked us.

 

“No, I forgot.” Lay hyung said.

 

Suho hyung rolled his eyes at that and said, “That incident where a guy risk his own life to save a kid from being hit by a car?”

 

“Oh, oh. I remember that.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Apparently, that guy was Dara’s twin. He was rushed immediately to the hospital but he was already dead.” Suho hyung said. I could feel like the world is crashing down on me. “The drunk driver was arrested for that.”

 

“Yeah.” Nichkhun said and sigh sadly. “And from what I’ve heard, Dara was traumatized after that incident.”

 

We we’re engulf with silence after what we heard. We couldn’t believe she experienced that kind of pain.

 

We quietly ate our lunch until the bell ring. After throwing our trashes, we walk to our next class.

 

“Such a beautiful person experienced such painful thing.” Lay hyung said.

 

“I couldn’t imagine how she felt when she lost her twin.” Chen said.

 

“Did you also notice that they weren’t in the cafeteria today?” I said.

 

“They’re probably on the fourth floor.” Kai said.

 

Opening the room, we found the four of them talking and the five other students.

“Oh, EXO!” Park Bom suddenly shouted and motioned us to come to them. “I would like you to meet my other sister from another mother, this is Dara.”

 

Dara only waved her hand on us.

 

“Sorry, she’s just awkward around new people.” Bom said sheepishly.

 

“Yah!”

 

“What?” Bom looked at Dara innocently. “It’s true.”

 

“Ah, nae. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Suho, EXO’s leader.”

 

“Yeah. I already knew who you guys are. Mingkki keeps on talking about you.”

 

“Unnie!!” Minzy shouted and keeps on hitting Dara’s arm.

 

“Yah! Yah! Stop it.” Dara said.

 

“Mingkki, your face is so red.” Chaerin said and Minzy immediately covered her face. We laugh at her cute actions.

 

“That was a nice impromptu you did back there.” Chanyeol said to Dara.

 

“Ah, thanks.” Dara said plainly and looked at me. “You did well earlier, Baekhyun-ah.”

 

She knows my name! Oh my gosh!

 

Not a minute after, the teacher walks in and started our class. Since it was not first day of school anymore, we officially started our class until our last period. And guess what, Dara is on my all of my afternoon classes.