Chapter 5

The Spark in Her Eyes

Dara’s POV

 

“Dara-yah!”

 

I sigh as I heard her shout in the house. When I get my hands on those girls… who am I kidding? I sigh again when I heard her heels clacking against the marbled floor, nearing me.

 

“Nae unnie?” I asked.

 

“The girls told me that you didn’t go to school today.” Jessica unnie said and place her hands on her waist.

 

“Unnie, it’s just the first day. The school will do nothing on the first day.” I said and sigh again. I offered my ramyun to her and she walk towards one of our cabinets to get some chopsticks and sat in front of me.

 

“Why didn’t you say to me you will be skipping today?” Jessica unnie asked.

 

“Because, you wouldn’t let me. If you knew I was going to skip today, you would just pester me until I go to school.” I said and eat some ramyun.

 

She only hum in response. “Will go tomorrow?”

 

“… maybe.” I said.

 

“Yah! Dara-yah!”

 

I chuckled and said, “Fine, fine. I will.”

 

“Good girl.” She said while patting my head.

 

“Why are you early anyway?” I asked. She’s usually home by around 7 in the evening but now, it’s just 5.

 

“I don’t have anything to do there.” She shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Wae? Did you already finished recording for your album?” I asked and she nod. “When would it be release?”

 

“I don’t know the specific date, but I think next month.”

 

“Oooooooohoo!” I said while clapping my hands.

 

You must be wondering with all of this right? Jessica unnie is an idol and a fashion designer, who is signed under our company, which is YG Entertainment. Our parents owned it, but our mom is the one handling it since our dad became the president of South Korea 6 years ago.

 

If you guys are wondering if I would be an idol just like unnie, well, I still don’t know. Minzy, Chaerin, and I promised each other that we wouldn’t sign to any company until we finished high school. Bom, on the other hand is already famous. I don’t know if she would stay with her company after her final year here or would stay in Korea instead.

 

For now, I’m a model. They said that I’m one of the most in demand models, but I would believe to any of those. I only do photoshoots and commercial. Runway isn’t my thing.

 

“Did you already buy your new uniform?” Unnie asked.

 

“Nae. They gave it to me two days ago.” I replied.

 

I heard Jessica unnie sigh and I looked up to her. “Dara-yah, I know it is still hard for you after what happened, but please, try to enjoy it arasso?”

 

“You sound like mom when you do that.” I said and she hit my arm. “Ouch!”

 

“I’m being sentimental here.” She said while crossing her arms.

 

Sighing, I said. “Fine, I will try.” Unnie grinned widely and I just rolled my eyes.

 

After that, since I’m too lazy to prepare my things, we went to our theater room and watch some movies.

 

We are on our fourth movie when I notice unnie is already fast asleep. I stopped the movie and picked up her blanket and put it on her.

 

I sigh. I guess I would only be the one who will throw away our trashes.

 

Picking it up one by one, I throw it in our garbage bag.

 

After making sure that unnie is still asleep, I walk down to our kitchen to drink some water.

 

“I didn’t know your still awake.” I almost dropped the glass that I’m holding because someone talk out of nowhere. I looked at the culprit and found dad smiling at me.

 

“Gosh, warn me next time, okay? I almost had a heart attack.” I said while holding my heart.

 

Dad laugh at me and said, “Sorry kiddo.” He walk past me to get a glass and put some water in it.

 

“Did you just arrived?” I asked him.

 

“No. I arrived an hour ago with your mom.” He said.

 

“Why didn’t you say ‘hi’ to us?” I asked.

 

“The maid said that you two are watching movies when we got here and we didn’t stop by because we though you two are already asleep, since whenever you have a movie marathon, you guys would end up sleeping.” He said.

 

“Oh, where’s mom?”

 

“She’s already asleep. So tired from work.”

 

“Did you guys eat already?”

 

“Yeah, we did, at the YG cafeteria. It was still opened when we decide to eat.”

 

“Oh, okay. I will head back to my room now. Good night dad.” I said and kissed his cheeks.

 

“Night, sweetie.”

 

Walking back to my room, I couldn’t help but to think what would it be like tomorrow.

 

-----

 

“Miss…” Someone said. “Miss Dara?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“It’s time to get up or you will be late for school.” School?

 

“Hmm?”

 

“It’s time to get up, Miss Dara.”

 

“Hmm.”

 

Aish, why did the school have to start so early? Maybe… maybe I should skip again. Kkk.

 

“Dara-yah!” Or not. “Get up already!” Jessica unnie pulled my blanket away from me and started hitting me with a pillow.

 

“Unnie! Stop it.” I said while trying to dodge the pillow.

 

“I won’t stop until you won’t get up.” She said and hit me with the pillow harder. “I won’t let you skip again.”

 

“Alright, alright. I’m getting up. Sheesh.” I said while getting up. “Are you sure you’re a women?”

 

“Wae?” She asked me.

 

“You have strength like a man.” I said and quickly dodge the pillow she threw at me. I quickly ran to my bathroom and locked the door.

 

I started to get ready because I didn’t want Jessica unnie to hit me again.

 

An hour later, I walk down to our dining room to have breakfast. When I got there, dad, mom and Jessica unnie is already there and eating.

 

“Good morning.” Mom greeted me and smiled.

 

“Good morning.” I greeted back and sat beside unnie.

 

“Are you excited for today honey?” Mom asked.

 

“No.” A maid placed my food in front of me. “Thank you.” I said to her and she bowed.

 

“Why?” My dad asked.

 

“I don’t know. There’s nothing to be excited about.” I said and munch some pancakes.

 

“Eh? You are not excited that you get to see your friends every day?” Mom asked.

 

“Aniyo.” I shook my head. “I could always see them every time. Even if I don’t want to see them, destiny will always find a way for me to see them.”

 

“How about new friends? You’re not excited about that?” Dad asked.

 

“No. Dad, you know I get awkward to new people.” I said.

 

“Fine, feel whatever you feel.” Unnie said beside me.

 

“Are you riding with me today?” I asked unnie.

 

“No. If I ride with you, you will be late.” She said.

 

“Aww. I really want to be late.” I said and unnie hit my arm again. “You’re gonna give me bruises.” I said while holding the painful part of my arm.

 

“Whatever.” She said and rolled her eyes.

 

After I ate my breakfast, I ran back to my room to clean my teeth and went back down and climb the car. When the bodyguards are on their car, we drive to school.

 

Yes, I have bodyguards. Being one of the president’s daughter makes your life at risk. Nothing and no one in this world is safe.

 

I can’t stop from fiddling my hands as we near the gates of the school. We stopped when the guard asked us for the gate pass. The driver gave it to him and signaled the other guard to open the gate. When he was returning the gate pass, he saw me looking at him and a flash of recognition was put in his face. He immediately bowed to me and I bowed back.

 

The driver continued to drive to the main building of the school. The school didn’t change a thing even if the last time I went here was two years ago.

 

As we were nearing the front doors of the school, I notice the students are going crazy over something. Or someone I guess. If this is the girls doing something again, I really wouldn’t know what to say to them.

 

The car finally stopped and I didn’t have the guts to look at the school face to face. One of the bodyguards was about to open his door when I shouted, “No!”

 

“Sorry Miss.” He said and bowed his head.

 

“It’s alright. Let me just take a couple of breaths.” By now, I gained everyone’s attention, and that made me feel more nervous. I could feel my anxiety is creeping up on me. I immediately close my eyes and counted from one to ten.

 

“Are you okay Miss Dara?”

 

“Yeah, I’m okay.”

 

“Should I open the door now?”

 

“I can open it myself.” I said but he open his door and went to mine to open it. With one last breath, I climb down the car.