Chapter 3

The Spark in Her Eyes

Baekhyun’s POV

 

“It’s Park Bom!” A guy exclaimed.

 

“Where?!” Park Bom said while looking behind her.

 

“Ha-ha. Very funny Park Bom. Now go to your seat.” The teacher said and Park Bom smiled cutely.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” She apologized and was about to sit beside the girl who grab my arm when she look at the chair beside me. She frown looking at it and I look to the empty chair beside me.

 

When I look back at her, she was already looking at the three of us. She’s now looking at us with wide eyes and immediately wave and smile at us.

 

Lay hyung wave back at him but we just look at her wide eyes.

 

“As I was saying, since we are now settled, and it is he first day of school, we won’t do anything heavy today.” The teacher said. “Instead of the plain old boring introduction. I want you to sing your name instead and what do you like. Arasso?” We all nod. “Let’s start from you.” He pointed at the first guy at the front.

 

And so it started. Each and every one introduce themselves as what the teacher said. I’m enjoying this. Everyone has a different melody when they sing their name. We even laugh at some of them because of how they sing it.

 

We all quite down when it’s Park Bom’s turn.

 

(Just imagine in your head how she would sing it.)

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Park Bom imnida. I like corn, bread, and I like being weird.”

 

We laugh at her unique introduction. And so on and on and on. Lay hyung stands up when it is his turn.

 

He cleared his throat and sing, “I’m Zhang Yixing, but you can call me Lay. And I like being forgetful.”

 

What the fudge. Haha! Chanyeol stands up next.

 

“Park Chanyeol imnida. And no, I’m not related to Park Bom. Kkk. I like making songs.”

 

I stand up and cleared my throat. “From EXO Planet, Byun Baekhyun. I like talking without thinking too much.”

 

After that, all of our attention was back at the teacher.

 

“I like how you are cooperative today. I hope that would be until the end of the school year.” He said and the bell suddenly ring. “That’s it for today. Have a wonderful first day.”

 

The students started to go outside and we are picking our bags from the floor to go to our second subject.

 

“So it’s really true you are attending here.” We look at the person who said that and we found Park Bom standing in front of us. “I didn’t think the news about you guys were true.”

 

“Ah nae sunbaenim.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Just call me Bom.” She said. “Well I’m glad you attend here. I’m sure you won’t regret it.”

 

“But I’m starting to regret it.” I said jokingly.

 

She look at me horrified and shouted, “Ehhh?!”

 

“Just kidding Bom.” I grinned.

 

“You better be.” She said and playfully glared at me. “Anyways, what room is your next subject?”

 

“Uhh…” Lay hyung get his schedule and said, “Its room 218.”

 

“Oh, come on. I’ll walk you guys to your next class.” She said.

 

We are grateful that she’s here aiding us. We keep on talking with her like we’re longtime friends. It’s easy to be comfortable with her since she keeps on blabbing funny things.

 

When we got in front of the room, she said. “It’s here and I’m gonna leave you guys here since I need to go to my next class. See you around.” She mock a salute at us and walk further down the hallway.

 

The rest of the morning class is just the same. It was just introduce yourself and all but I never got bored of it. It’s the stares that makes me kind of creeped out. Anyways, its lunch time and Suho hyung called not a minute ago and said that we would just meet up at the cafeteria.

 

The cafeteria’s atmosphere is different when it’s filled with students. It’s like a party in here. Some students is playing music, some students is singing, some students is dancing, and of course, there are also some who is just talking, laughing, eating.

 

“Lay, Chanyeol, Baekhyun!” Someone shouted. We look to the crowd and find Suho hyung waving at us. We walk to where they are sitting and found Nichkhun there with some of other students.

 

“So how was it so far?” Nichkhun said.

 

“It was fun.” Chanyeol said.

 

“There was even this period, I think out third period where we laugh hard at this student because he is really funny.” I said.

 

“Let me guess. It’s Jackson Wang right?” Nichkhun said.

 

“Yes, yes. Him! Jackson.” Lay hyung exclaimed.

 

Nichkhun laugh and said, “I knew it. By the way, before we continue this conversation, why don’t you buy some food?”

 

“Hmm, you can call Xiumin hyung.” Kai said munching some pizza. “He’s buying something there with D.O.”

 

We immediately called Xiumin hyung and said to buy us some food to eat.

 

“Oh, I would like you to meet my friends.” Nichkhun said. “This is Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Junho, Junso and Chansung.”

 

“Annyeong.” We greeted each other.

 

“Here’s your food.” A tray full of food and drinks was place in front of us. Xiumin hyung and D.O. is here with their own food.

 

“Hey, I was wondering, did you already see Park Bom sunbaenim?” D.O. asked.

 

“Yeah! She even walk us to our room after our first period.” Chanyeol said excitedly. “Why?”

 

“Oh? She’s in our second period.” D.O. said pointing to Suho hyung and Sehun.

 

“Ah jinjja?!” I asked. “Did she say anything to you?”

 

“Nope.” Sehun shakes his head. “But she smiled and wave at us.”

 

“Wae? Did she talk to you guys?” Suho hyung asked.

 

“Nae. She’s very funny.” Lay hyung said.

 

“So lucky.” Chen said.

 

“Ah, I guess you already witness Bom’s weirdness huh?” Wooyoung said.

 

“Wae? Wae? Are you guys close?” Chen asked Wooyoung.

 

“No. We are not close. Friends, but not close.” He said.

 

We all ‘ooh’.

 

“Anyways, I forgot to tell you that we also have programs here. I think it would be three to five programs a year.” Nichkhun said. “Don’t worry, it’s not boring. There weren’t any programs that the school held that is boring.”

 

“Ah jinjja? I’m excited.” I said.

 

After that, we went to eat our food while still talking and sometimes laughing. I was about to get Chen’s soda when I notice Nichkhun and his friends are quite and is looking at somewhere.

 

“Wae?” I asked.

 

“It’s Minzy, Bom and Chaerin.” Taecyeon said.

 

“Oh? Where?” Kai asked.

 

“There.” Junho points at the girls who are walking to the line to buy some food.

 

“The one with the black hair is Bom. Like you don’t know. ” Junho said. “The blonde one with longer hair is Minzy, and the other short blonde is Chaerin.”

 

“Isn’t she the daughter of the famous fashion designer in the whole world?” Xiumin hyung asked.

 

“Yeah. That’s her.” Nichkhun said.

 

“She looks scary.” Sehun said.

 

“Yeah. But she’s nice.” Taecyeon said.

 

After the girls buy their food they walk away to find an empty table. When Bom walk by our table, she wave at us and we wave back. They sat by the huge window and eat their lunch.

 

After that, we went back to enjoy our lunch until the bell rings.

 

“Finally we’re all classmates!” Chen said while spreading his arms.

 

“I don’t like that idea.” Suho hyung said.

 

“Wae?” Chanyeol asked. “It’s fun when we are all together.”

 

“The teacher might scold us. It would be chaos if we are put in one classroom.” He said.

 

“That’s what you call fun hyung.” I said.

 

“And besides, we will minimize our craziness.” Sehun said.

 

“Yeah, like you could.” Suho hyung rolled his eyes.

 

We just chuckled at that and went in the room. We have voice lessons now. I think I know what we would do today, just pure introduction.

 

 When we opened the door, there reveal five other students here besides us.

 

“I didn’t think we would be this few.” I said.

 

“Yeah. I thought we would go around like 20 here.” Lay hyung said.

 

Chen was about to sit in a chair when Kai beat him to it and resulting that Chen sat on his lap.

 

“Yah!” Chen suddenly stand straight and look at Kai. “Aish, seriously?”

 

“What?” Kai said innocently.

 

Chen just sigh and went to sit on the next one but Sehun sat there immediately and resulting to what happened earlier.

 

“Aish, jinjja!” Chen said. “Find other chair!”

 

“Nope hyung.” Sehun said and laugh.

 

Chen rolled his eyes and get a chair that is not near us and drag it to us. He was about to sit on the chair when Xiumin hyung put his hand on the chair and squeeze Chen’s when he sat on it. Faster than a lightning speed, Chen stand up.

 

“Hyung!” Chen shouted and we all laugh. “Why are you making fun of me? Aish!” He said and sat back down.

 

The room was so loud because of our laugh. And not a minute later, someone opened the door and we heard laugh that is louder than us.

 

We look to those people and found the girls.