Sequel VII - Just Be a Strong and Silent Man

I'm Officially Missing You.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Back again shall we? :)

 

With lies you may go ahead in the world, but you can never go back. - Russian Proverb

 

 

 

 

Opening his eyes to the dim light of the room is even hard to manage. But he tries to fight the dizziness and nauseous feeling threatening to come off from his throat by gritting his teeth and shutting tight his eyelids before prying them open again.   The room is empty, only the dull-colored furniture filling the spaces. The heart monitor machine beside him becomes the only noise breaker. Ah he thought as his brain function finally working after the daze. So that is the thing that keeps making those annoying sound. His brown doe-eyed orbs trail along the thin yet thick white slim tube coming along hanging from above him towards his upper backhand; although he can only see it coming down halfway because of his lying position. His eyes continue its journey to the front where he finds there is a TV and also 2 couches placed inside the room. Dark-colored, not very attractive yet classy in his opinion.   It's dark outside and judging by the time he guesses that it’s either midnight or early dawn. He can’t make the time right because so far as his eyes crazily travelling around the places no single watches are found yet.   Am I really alone? The thought crosses his mind as his eyes wander around once again. A foreign feelings creeping inside of him gripping his heart tight but then when the door is opened and a female nurse walks inside his heart goes into ease. Although the first face he has to greet belongs to a stranger, at least he is not alone.   “Oh, you have finally awake.” The lady speaks up cheerfully. Judging by her face and the tone of her voice she must be around in late 20s or early 30s. The nurse dressed in a blue-light uniform closes her distance with his bed and firmly let her attention stays on the heart monitor and the IV drips before she faces him again. A small yet delightful smile lingers its way on her pink plush lips.   “Looks like you are in a stable condition. Welcome back, Jung Chanwoo-shii.”   And yeah, it is certainly good to be back. Chanwoo just can’t wait to see the others.     “CHANWOO YAAAA!”   It is none other than Bobby to make such noises, followed by Donghyuk and Yunhyeong of course. All of s are present the next morning he wakes up. It would be a lie if Chanwoo said he doesn’t miss his hyungs.   If it isn’t because of his Jinhwan hyung, then Chanwoo would surely be engulfed with a bone crushing hug by the hyper bunny of the group. Pretty sure he doesn’t want the stitches form the surgeries to open once again and thankfully Chanwoo thoughts that Jinhwan and Yunhyeong understand that and thoughtful enough to push Bobby away from committing such act. Chanwoo can only smile watching the whining bunny accusing the 2 elders of the group of becoming the barrier between his love and the maknae.   “You guys are just jealous that maknae and me are closer.”   “No, we are just being careful to avoid any idiot from throwing the maknae into the surgery room once again for an open wound. Now shut up, Kim Jiwon before I throw you out.” Hearing the warning from Jinhwan finally shuts the rapper up.   “How are you feeling, maknae?” It’s Donghyuk asking him, sitting on the chair beside the bed while his hands caress Chanwoo’s left one. But the youngest attention is not on him. Chanwoo is too busy scanning his eyes through the room looking for a certain short and dark red hair. When he is nowhere to be found, that left a deep frown on Chanwoo’s face and Yunhyeong takes notice of this.   “Are you looking for Hanbin, Chanwoo?” Like on que, Chanwoo’s head dangerously snaps towards Yunhyeong’s voice. His eyes go wider, trying to assess any glint of unwanted emotions in his evil twin’s orbs but he found none other than warm an older brother has for his beloved youngest. Chanwoo lets his guard down at that and he nods his head carefully at Yunhyeong. “Hanbin couldn’t come this morning. He got something to handle with the company. But he will definitely be here this evening.”   He doesn’t know why but his heart slightly staggers hearing that. Hanbin hyung is not here. Something that he will never get used to nor even wanting to get used to. It is strange in Chanwoo’s opinion. Hanbin would never leave him alone. He is adamantly certain that the leader is here with him throughout all the times. God, he even dreams of the leader when he’s in the surgery room. Until now, he could feel the warm of the older lingering on his palm; even though it is just a dream, but Chanwoo is content enough to feel such warm while he got his stomach ripped opened that time.   The others in the room take notice of the maknae silence. Donghyuk taps him slightly on the shoulder to get him back from his reverie. “What’s wrong, Chanwoo-ah? You alright?”   It is a simple question; he should just say Yes I’m fine but weirdly no such words come out. Chanwoo is so confused if he is actually alright or not.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  “We should tell him.” The loud clang sound echoes throughout the hall, yet thankfully not loud enough to piss off some nurses and patients. Hand reaches inside the take-out port for the soda cans, one is thrown to the other boy behind him and one kept for himself. As Yunhyeong opens his own drink, his eyes travel to the younger behind him before drags them back to the white walls. The worries and troubles etch on Donghyuk’s face make him feel even more disturbed. Gulping the drink, Yunhyeong closes his distance with the young vocalist and tugs him along to the nearest bench.   Right after they have sit, Yunhyeong starts to frown deeply. “No. we can’t do that.” His answers have always been simple yet firm.   “But hyu—”   “No but, Donghyuk-ah. You heard what Jinan hyung said before. We must not tell Chanwoo about this.” The oldest purposely stresses on the word giving Donghyuk clearer view of what he should have done and that is to keep his mouth shut. That obviously makes the youngest uneasy and annoyed.   “But for how long? How long should we lie to him about what has exactly happened? Maknae has right to know.”   “And we have the right to be silent.” Donghyuk is surprised. The amount of authority of a hyung in Yunhyeong’s voice stumbles him down. He watches as Yunhyeong continues again, “Because that is what Hanbin asks us for and we should keep our words to be quiet about this.” Yunhyeong’s words seem to shut Donghyuk up although the younger still looks unsatisfied and disappointe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter