I Can't

I Hate U, I Love U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I watched my phone screen and let out a deep sigh. There was neither message nor missed call from him. It was last night when he asked me to sing for him – One last song, and my heart ached every time I remember it.

I put my phone back on the desk before staring at my own reflection on the mirror. I touched my left cheek and I could see that my eyes are puffy and reddish. I knew that it must be the effect after I could not stop myself from crying.

‘You look so awful, Jung Eunji,’ I told myself.

And out of my control, a tear slipped from the edge of my eyes.

‘I promised myself that I’ll let him go and he finally agrees with my decision. But why this heart still hurt every time I’m remembering about last night?’

I shook my head, tried to avoid another tears from not slipping again. But once again, I lost control even to my own body.

‘Stop yourself from crying. It won’t help. You have no choice, Jung Eunji.’

I erased the tears carelessly and looked up, hoping that tears stopped from falling. But still, it failed. The tears kept streaming down on my cheeks and I ended up hitting my chest repeatedly.

“Hongbin-ah, I’m sorry...” I faintly spoke out between my sobs.

***

 

“Eonnie, can I come in?”

I heard a knock from the door when I came out from the bathroom. It was Hayoung’s voice and I asked her to come inside.

“You have a guest,”

“A guest? At this early morning?” I glanced at the clock that hanging on my room wall to found out that it still 9 AM. “Who is it?”

“Hongbin oppa. He’s still standing outside,”

“What?” my eyes widened and my mouth open in shock while my heart started to throb awkwardly.

“What’s wrong, eonnie? Did you two in a fight? Why your facial expressions suddenly change like that?” Hayoung frowned as she could see something from my face.

“N-No, we’re okay,” I quickly shook my head and formed a thin smile on my face. “Tell him to wait outside and I’ll come out soon.”

“Okay, eonnie. If you need something, I’m in my room,” Hayoung said before she came out from my room.

***

 

“Hongbin?”

“H-Hi Eunji,” he looks startled when he catches me in his gaze. And too be honest, seeing his face, even when shocked, brought comfort to my heart.

“What are you doing here?” I tried to sounds calm.

“I-I...” he was stuttering as he started leer his eyes, avoiding an eye contact with me. “... I miss you, Eunji.”

My heart beats faster. If I could tell him the tru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter