Stuck

I Hate U, I Love U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mark!” Her cheer voice and her bright smile greet me when I my Skype application. “I’m so happy that you call me. Thank you so much.”

“Sure, anything for you, princess,” I smiled to reply hers. “What can I do for you?”

“Next week is our anniversary... I wanted to surprise him... As a man, can you help me? I wanted to know what a man likes and dislikes... Yeah, everything about men’s favorite,” I could bet that her eyes were sparkling, showing an amazement.

“Aren’t you dating for more than a year already? Wow, time is ticking so fast,” I laughed. “But seriously, you asking me?” I didn’t believe what I was hearing.

“I don’t know what should I ask. I just wanted to prepare the best present for him,” she said.

A pang hit my heart.

Why she should ask me? Didn’t she forget that I was her ex-boyfriend?  Is it normal to asking an ex-boyfriend’s opinion when you wanted to give your new boyfriend a gift?

Sad fact, Mark Tuan.

“Well, how about giving a CD from his favorite musician? Or you can treat him a special dinner on his favorite restaurant?” I fake a laugh. “Or you can buy him a shirt. What else? Argh, I’m running out of idea.”

I really wanted to help her, I really did. But if I talk too much, chances are she might think that I still have a heart on her and that was bad for our friendship.

“Think of something more fun, Mark,” and she is Jessica, sometimes she could act like a kid when it comes to begging – and I’m too weak to resist it.

“Take him out of the country,” an idea suddenly popped out from my brain. “Just the two of you. Surprise him with a vacation overseas.”

“Sounds great!” She clicked her fingers in satisfaction. “It would be fun! Thanks Mark. You are the best! I owe you.”

“Happy anniversary to the both of you,” I curled another smile.

Yeah, I just could smile. I loves Jessica, so seeing her happy (should) makes me happy too. Soon after, I ended up the video call as it was late night already in LA, she said she need to go sleep.

I close my laptop then I heard a voice of clearing throat from behind.

“Yah, you surprised me,” I hissed when I find Jinyoung was already standing next to the couch where I was sitting.

“Skype-i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter