Happy

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I am currently in my lab after my class and it’s already night time. I have to stay for a bit more to type my students’ examination. Just earlier this morning, Iseul visited me here. She told me the good news that she got accepted into a fine pastry restaurant. And I think I did not give her the rightful reaction, I was unaware of how to actually react on such. But anyways, it’s very good for her to use her skills even outside the comfort of her house.

Honestly speaking, she is really good in baking.

You wouldn’t even realize she didn’t have the real professional education in such field, just from her late mother.

It wasn’t just skills, it was talent.

Speaking of which, I wonder what she is doing right now. I am quite sure I won’t be able to visit her home anymore, I’ll finish a little bit late. I stop from typing for a while and lean more onto my chair. I put my fingertips together as I stare in space. Her dress earlier suits her so much, it was very simple yet she was able to make it look adorable. It gave me the urge to kiss her but then she didn’t want to be kissed.

I couldn’t blame her.

I was in the middle of doing a specimen test – which was a portion of the human brain. She doesn’t like eerie stuff like that and I knew there was no way I could kiss her. But I really wanted to. She looked very attractive earlier, especially because her fringe was clipped to the side so her face was seen more clearly. Add her effort to actually visit me in my lab to tell such news that I know she is very happy about, it makes me feel like she really wants to share such happiness with me.

I feel honored.

Because I don’t even know how to bake.

So technically speaking, I would not know how significant that job is.

But she still enthusiastically told me. If I only had the guts to actually react like how she wanted to, I could have done it.

But she always amazes me at how patient she is.

Having such thought, I find myself smiling. I need to focus on my students’ exams but I wouldn’t be able to unless I let go of this feeling first. So I reach for my phone in my drawer together with a phone stand. I’ve decided to video call her because talking alone would not give me the privilege to actually feel relieved and finally be open to continue on with my work.

I need to see her.

I place the phone onto its stand before pressing the speed dial – which is her and only her. So as it rings, I glance back to my PC and try to finish one section out and continue typing since she always took time to answer anyway. But then I was slightly wrong. Just slightly.

She answered right away.

“Why’d you call?” I hear her voice and I only took a quick glance to her since I was currently finishing one certain paragraph. She seems to be lying down and had the phone up, her arms were stretched out. “My class ended early. But I had to stay here in the lab.” I briefly answer. “You’ll call me and you won’t even look at me.” She demands with made me realize what I am doing. I immediately stop and move my rolling chair more to the phone’s side so she could see me more. I place my elbows onto the edge of the desk as I look at her intently.

I am really impressed at how she gets to stay and look exactly the same even without those cosmetics that she puts and takes her hours to finish.

I could not comprehend which side she actually tries to cover up or change, because in my opinion. . .

Nothing changes.

Her eyes looking back at mine made my stomach turn again. I am hungry. She always makes me sense hunger into my system. Perhaps, it’s because of her passionate connection with food and I am slowly catching such thing from her. It’s pandemic. Sometimes it makes me feel like she loves food more than me.

Speaking of which. . .

The sentence I’ve always wanted to tell her but my mouth would not cooperate.

“What?” Her voice wakes me up from my brief reverie. “I don’t know. I have nothing to say.” I immediately answer as I stare back at her. I take in a gulp. I want to kiss her but that would be weird if I kiss the phone, it’s improbable. It is so not me. “Anyway. . . how long will you be there?” She asks and I turn down to check my watch before looking at her agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter