Parenthood

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh? The house beside us finally has a new owner. After months of its vacancy. . . you think Baekhyun was the one who did the showing to the buyers?”

I look down to my wife who was lying down on my lap while we were watching TV. “Nope, I think he just sent an assistant or something, I didn’t see him. I wonder how he is now.” She looks at me and I her baby bump. “It’s only been like, what? Two or three months? Doesn’t he text you at least?” I ask and she shakes her head immediately while pouting. “You think he hates Hana?” She then pulls herself up slowly and I held on her back for support. She shifted her body close beside me and hugged me on the waist.

Funny how we were having a cold war two days ago because of that outburst I did in the bake shop’s office.

We didn’t even reconcile nor argue more after that, we just shrugged it off like nothing happened at all.

“I mean, if you were in Baekhyun’s place.” She adds and our eyes meet in a close gap. “I was once in his place, right? You broke up with me.” I answer and she nodded in response but still with a troubled face. “I know. But if you were in the situation. Like, you have a child and then that happened. Being a father, you might know how it would feel. I just want to know what kind of situation my best friend is really in.” She explains thoroughly. I put an arm over her and stare in space.

I try to think of her question deeply.

If I was in Baekhyun’s place?

Well. . .

“I’m sorry okay? But I think what Hana did will hurt like a disease in Baekhyun’s side. I mean. . . not only for himself but also for his daughter. Like, even if he doesn’t admit it I know he hoped for Hana to be the last girl he would ever have and eventually be Gaeul’s mother. Right? It does have a point.” I tell her my answer while nodding. “So. . . well personally I still dislike Hana, of course, you know that. But in Baekhyun’s side. . . I really can’t tell. Pain is different from anger but somehow, it’s also related. People consume anger through pain, I believe.” I add and she gave me a nod of appreciation.

“Just like you, whenever you would have contractions you would hit me like you hate me so much.” I lean close to her face while smiling. She chuckles back and slap my tummy. “I just don’t like being touched whenever it happens alright.” She explains like a kid explaining to her teacher. “But anyway, changing the subject.” I sit up straight again and glance at the door of my son’s room, he’s having a nap right now.

“Don’t you think it’s the right time to have a nanny? I mean, we took care of him ourselves therefore his attachment and trust to us is already certain and strong enough for us to trust another person to help us. You won’t have to worry of our kids being more dependent to the nanny than us, we didn’t give him one too early.” I explain. Ever since we had the business and especially now that she’s giving birth very soon, I know we will eventually lose the hundred percent of attention we used to give to Yohan. He’s not the only child anymore.

And we don’t want him to feel taken for granted and being left alone once Yojoon comes out.

“Okay fine. But I’ll take care of the nanny’s salary. I won’t agree unless you agree to that.” Iseul answers and offers a hand shake like we’re business associates. My shoulders fell and look at her in displease. “Do Kyungsoo, you are so unfair. I have a lot of earnings from the bake shop in a short amount of time and you want me to use it for myself, that is so impractical.” She sternly tells knowing I don’t agree. It’s just that. . . I didn’t give her that bake shop for her to help me financially, that seems so wrong.

And now, I recently got promoted for a higher position in the university, soon enough I might even be the dean of the whole medical department.

“I didn’t mean it like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter