Bond

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Folding my arms, I lean on the couch again to rest my exhausted back a bit. I’ve been taking out a few stuff from the boxes, mostly some figurines for our living room. “Yah, look at the albums later, help me here.” I call out to my wife who’s at the far corner with Yohan on her lap and they were looking at Yohan’s 1st Birthday Album which was just delivered a few minutes ago.

And we just moved in to our new home three days ago.

There are still a lot of things to clean up and arrange.

“Wait a sec. Just go here and look at them with us. Come~” Iseul squeals like a kid while signaling me to go to her. “We have six more boxes to unpack, Iseel let’s look at them later, hm?” I ask. She finally closes the album while sighing. “Okay, fine.” She puts it aside first before standing up while carrying Yohan along. “There, I cleaned that space for his play pen already, let him play there for a while. Help me.” I said and she follows my order right away and did it. She left Yohan surrounded by his favorite toys first.

She then walks over to me with a frown.

I sigh and put an arm over her waist as she stands near me while I sit. “Don’t be a lazy and help your husband.” I look up and kiss her arm before pulling her down beside me. “This is your fault, you have too much things in your house and you won’t even sell them off.” I said while unwrapping a certain collectible display. “Why would I, we can display them off in here. The house is too big to look empty.” She tells and took out another stuff inside the box.

“Muh—mama. .  . heo—mma. . . Eomma.” We heard Yohan’s calls which made us both turn to that corner. “Why, baby?” Iseul asks and pats her lap. We watch as Yohan begins crawling over to our direction with a smile. “Pap pap, Appa. Pap. . .” Yohan reaches our feet and looks up to us while pulling himself up. I can’t help but to smile. He is progressing quite fast compared to other kids, we initially thought he will have a hard time on learning how to speak but he’s been babbling a lot of incoherent words nowadays.

My talking to him made sense after all.

“You want to eat again? You just ate, baby.” Iseul lifts him up to her lap. I chuckle and run my finger on my son’s puffy cheeks, just like his mother’s. “You should stop eating in front of him. He thinks it’s normal to eat too often.” I said earning a hit from my wife. “Appa~ Appa appa—papapa~” Yohan begins muttering continuously while looking up to me.

So I take him to my arm and made our lips touch.

“Heart to heart~” Iseul tells pertaining to our lips, since she always says that whenever I kiss my son. Yohan sniggers so adorably while holding onto my shoulders. “Appa ppoppo.” I tilt my head aside and he gave me a kiss on my cheek making me smile even more. “He likes to play with me. Finish that box.” I got to make an excuse to get some rest and I brought my son back to the play pen. “Ahhh~ Yah, you’re so mean.” Iseul scowls back as I flop down the pen’s foam.

I turn to her while chuckling.

“I already finished unpacking six boxes since yesterday and two of them are big and heavy. Those boxes remaining are all small stuffs.” I explain while pointing at each boxes. “I already finished off the heavy things.” I lastly add before looking down to my son again who is playing with the shapes puzzle box. He is one smart toddler; I can feel it. Watching him alone, I know he can grow up to be like me.

But despite of which, I especially wish he would get his mother’s outgoing personality.

It worries me that he stays this timid as he grows up, I would feel really guilty.

I his head as I watch him play silently. “Appa, yoyi yoyi. . . chukchuk” He then looks up to me while pushing the puzzle box to my side. “Want me to finish it? Here? I put them in here too? Which shape, Appa doesn’t know. Yohan give me the shape to where it should be put. Ne?” I point at the remaining empty shape holes and he nods. So he grabs the right shape blocks and I begin filling out the remaining holes and he would touch my hand every time I do, like he wants to do it together.

“Iseul-ah.” I turn to my wife who was still unwrapping some things. “Yohan is smart.” I said and I hear a scoff from my wife. “Oh really now. Credits to you?” Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter