Same Same

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s very awkward right now.

I am here sitting on the bed while using my laptop while Iseul lies on the other end playing with Yohan who’s still fully awake. I would not try to look nice here so I shall admit that I am still greatly offended by my wife. But at the same time. . . I have thoughts that perhaps she may be under the postpartum depression that’s why her moods are still unstable. She never told me she was sad or anything but if she is, I would feel bad that I got mad.

That I am mad right now.

She herself didn’t even know Hana and Soomi would come.

Right now, I don’t really know what should be and what shouldn’t be.

I gaze at her direction, her eyes has been fixed to Yohan ever since we got into this room. I am not greatly sure if she’s avoiding my eyes or what. So as an excuse to actually let her be aware of my presence, I move a little closer to my son who’s at our middle. Yohan rolls over to me with his adorable smile. Without saying anything, I lift him up to my arms and turned to Iseul. I clear my throat before speaking. “I’ll leave early tomorrow. I’ll start negotiating with the owners of the new house we’re getting.” I firmly and straightly said.

She gives me a simple nod.

But I could see how her jaw was firmly intact as if was zipped. She begins cleaning up the tiny stuff toys on the bed and went to the corner where the toy boxes were at. She tidied up everything before walking to the bathroom. I am not sure if it’s just me but she doesn’t seem mad, she’s just. . . silent. I lift my son higher until our faces were of the same level. He looks back at me with his snigger. “Could you feel the tension? You don’t seem to notice it, hm? You’re too happy, oh?” I ask and plant ticklish kisses on his tummy and he starts giggling more.

He then touches my face with his tiny hands. “I love you, son.” I mumble and hug him. I pat his back gently and glance at the closed door of the bathroom. I place Yohan down the bed again and fixe his clothes. “I am precise that you will stay awake, you had a long nap my dear.” I mutter while his head. “But if you can, please do sleep so that Eomma and Appa can have a serious talk later. Please cooperate and sleep.” I mutter while giving my clueless son a pleading look.

It was so foolish of me to do such thing.

But that pleading look of mine was stopped when I heard a yelp from inside the bathroom. I shoot up from the bed and rush to the bathroom. “I-iseul?” I call out and knock. “Yah. . . Iseul, did you slip?” I ask and worry begins building up in my system. “I-I’m fine.” I finally hear her stuttered voice so I still knock. “What happened, open this.” I insist.

And fortunately, she opened the door for me.

She only peeks so I pushed the door open.

I stare at her from head to toe trying to check what might have happened.

“N-no, I just slipped a bit. Nothing serious.” She muffles and looks away. I take a gulp in and look away. “Okay. Continue.” I mutter and turn around to go out again when she hugged me from behind. I close my eyes and face the ceiling making my head touch hers behind. “I-I’m sorry. About the. . . the friend thingy I said. I didn’t mean it.” She begins crying while burying her face on my back. I carefully turn around to face her. She was sobbing hard as she grips on the sides of my shirt.

She cries like a child.

It’s funny how she’s already a mother.

“A-are you mad at me?” She asks with her trembling voice. “Yes, I am mad.” I answer and she cries even harder and louder like she just heard the worst news of her life. She squirms like a kid having tantrums and hugs my waist tightly. She shakes her head eagerly, her nose was very read already and her voice sounded nasal. “Forgive me. I d-didn’t mean it, please. . . Don’t get mad.” She pleads with so much, her body bouncing out of frustration.

“I am mad because I believe I do have a friend.” I said and point my index finger on the tip of her nose. Somehow, my anger is slowly subsiding after hearing her apology, especially with this state of hers right now, begging like she massacred a whole nation. Who could still act tough in this cute madness she is showing me? “M-me?” She answers unsurely and I nod. “Ahhh, I’m sorry! I’m so sorry, I won’t say it again. I’m sorry.” She hopped eagerly and buried her face on my chest.

I think the last time I saw her cry this much was when her father just died.

Good lord, this woman. Did I die?

My lips curve up as I watch her. “W-why aren’t you forgiving me. . . Kyungsoo, please. . .” She pleads while looking up to me. “I shall punish you first.” I said and she lets go and puts her arms up. “Here. I will stay like this. Time it.” She tells while sniffing. “A-are you serious?” I can’t help but to chuckle now. “I-is this too much?” She asks. “No, it’s not enough as a matter of fact.” I said and her jaw dropped upon what I said.

“Y-you want to spank me?”

I tilt my head while my chin. “Now that you’ve mentioned it—“Ahhh! I don’t want to. . .” She swiftly ran out of the bathroom and went to the bed. “No, not spank. I don’t like it. . .” She muffles while wiping her tears. “Please, b-be nicer.” She muffles with her puppy-like eyes. I slowly walk towards her while folding my eyes. “Nicer? I was greatly offended though? How would you like to compensate your offense?” I ask. She blinks hard while looking around.

“I-I’ll sleep in the couch.” She tells. “Just that?” I ask and her eyes widen in response. “J-just that? Yah, it’s so cold in the living room.” She muffles. “Tch. Don’t kid with me. We have a heater here. You can adjust it however you want while I am asleep.” I said. “A-ahh—Kyungsoo, are you that mad? Can’t you just forgive me? I know. . . I know sometimes I get so moody and I lash you out but—“Sometimes?” I ask and her face sank even more.

“Okay, fine. . . Most of the times, I get so offending with my acts and words. I just. . .” her shoulders fall as she stares at Yohan. “I feel so. . . I f-feel so pressured of everything. I. .

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter