Recklessly Yours

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I am greatly surprised.

The last thing I could remember; I was still at the university’s private jet.

But right now, I am here lying down on a bed that I greatly recognize as my fiancée’s. The door opens which made me look up from space. “Oh, you’re awake now. Finally.” She tells and I see her walking my way while carrying a tray. “Did I arrive here?” I ask while massaging my throbbing head.

“Yup. Last night, probably you were driven by the university driver, good thing. You were drunk.” She tells and I gulp. Now that I think of it. . . Oh, Good Lord—now I remember. “What happened by the way? I couldn’t talk to you properly last night.” She tells and starts stirring the bowl of soup that she has just placed down her lap over a small plate.

“I vaguely remember that my fellow professors had so much fun since we now use a private jet and they did some insane stuff and they hid my laptop.” I explain while my eyebrows were meeting at the center. “Ha? Seriously?” She asks while chuckling. “Yes. And they said. . . they said they will give it back if I drink the drink they gave. They said it was water. . . b-but. . . but it tasted diff—“It was liquor, honey. Don’t argue anymore. Water won’t make you act like how you act last night.” She cuts me off.

How did I act last night anyway?

“But it’s in a bottle of water and it didn’t necessarily taste very strong and bitter, it tasted nothing but then it was very warm when it traced down my throat and you know. . .. And—“They were making fun of you, honey. Just. . . just avoid them. They’re s. Why are they like that to you?” She asks with a frown. “They’re always like that. I just ignore them.” I answer and grab the bowl from her and start eating.

“That’s why I’m just always with the female professors because they don’t do that.” I add and I see Iseul’s judging look all of a sudden. “Just because they’re not playful.” I explain right away. She raises an eyebrow. “JUST BECAUSE THEY’RE NOT PLAYFUL.” I repeat much more firmly. She folds her arms this time. “I promise.” I put my right hand up.

“Oh c’mon.” She scoffs. Oh good Lord, she doesn’t believe me? I put the bowl down the bedside table first and move myself closer to her before flicking her forehead. “Ouch! What was that for??” She yelps and covers her forehead. “I literally stay with the female professors whenever we would have meetings, and overseas interviews like yesterday but it doesn’t mean I talk to them. Do I seem like I can interact well with other women besides you, Hana and Soomi?” I ask.

“You never interacted well with Hana.” She tells while blinking. “Ugh, whatever. What I mean to say is that you don’t have to worry. I have zero temptation to look at other women. They’re too low for my standards.” I explain and that’s when her lips begin curving up. “Does that mean I’m in the high st—“You’re low, they’re even lower.” I answer and she pouts again before hitting me on the arm.

“Be thankful you’re still higher than them.” I tell. “Uh-huh? It’s like being Top 1 in Class F? Wow, I’m so proud of myself.” She mocks but it made me laugh. It’s funny. I really laugh. “In which class were you in back in high school?” I ask out of curiosity. “I’m in Class D. Yours, I don’t have to ask, I said it before you can even mock me for being in the top class.” She answers right away with her incredulous face.

“Of course not, come here.” I pull her the wrists until she’s leaning half of her body down my chest. “I don’t care if you’re not intelligent. I’m already intelligent and if you’re intelligent too, we would only fight.” I said. She scoffs and looks up to me, our faces inches apart. “We ALWAYS fight.” She mutters. I shake my head. She nods. I shake my head again, she nods again.

Tenacious little creature.

“Anyway. . .” I hug her on the waist from behind, our cheeks touching which made her chuckle. “Just a few more months and our research will be done. I just wanted to know. . . has your father replied to your message? About the wedding?” I ask. She was silent for a while before shaking her head. She heaves a sight before holding onto my forearms that was settled on her tummy area. “Not yet. It’s the month where his company’s in a lot of things to do, don’t worry I’ll tell you when he replies.” She turns to look at me with her positive smile.

But her eyes tell otherwise.

I know she’s sad.

“Just relax, okay? He’s going to reply soon and we’ll talk to him about the wedding together.” I reassure and her hair. She leans her head on my neck as she stares in space. “You’re the only one who keeps me strong—aigoo, I am so cheesy.” She chuckles to herself and covers her face. I smile and simply place m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter