I Do Not Like It

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Over six months of stay here in our home and I would say it was really easy to live here. I would really recommend this area for new families. I mean, everything is everywhere. Iseul barely uses her car anymore when buying groceries and we can bring Yohan to a playground anytime.

Perfect for starting families like us.

Right now, I am guiding my son into arranging some vegetable toys while I tell him each names of it so he would know. “This is. . . what is this?” I lift a carrot up and he looks up at it while blinking. He reaches to it instead and bites it. “No, it’s not real. What is it?” I repeat my question. “C-ca—eehhh, food. . .” He whines and tries to get it again. “Carrot. Ne? Carrot.” I said and he imitates me and although it came out weird, he was still able to say the word. “How about this one.” I grab the cucumber toy next. “Chojoo.” He answers while grabbing it.

I comprehend his baby word and realize what he was trying to say.

I turn to Iseul who was busy peeking at the window. “S-soju?” I ask and glance down to my son again. “N-no—moya, where did you learn that.” I groan and put the toy down. He might have seen that familiar green bottle on TV. “It’s not Soju. Soju is bad. Okay?” I said and his chin. “Soju bad?” He asks. “Yes, Soju is bad. Bad for the health.” I lift him up to my lap and let him hold the other vegetable toys. I kiss the side of his head while hugging his tiny body.

“Appa only drank once in his whole life and I didn’t even know I drank, so don’t drink in the future, ne?” I said while his thin hair. “Honey look, I think we have a new neighbor. Son Ahjumma moved out?” I hear my wife’s voice which made me turn. I put my son down first before standing up. I went to Iseul and peek at the window too. There was a truck parked in front of the house beside ours and people were taking out furniture from it. “I don’t know. You’re friends with Son Ahjumma, you should know.” I said and held onto her shoulders.

 “Frien—no we’re not that close. I just happen to talk to her once in a while whenever I would water the plants outside.” She turns with a pout. ““Exactly. Which is an Ahjumma’s exercise in a daily basis just like her. You have a connection.” I answer back and she glares at me like an ahjumma while folding her arms. I just ignore her glares and walk back to the play pen. “Yohan-ah~” I coo as I flop down the pen completely lying down. Yohan climbs up to me and our eyes met as he rides. I smile as I watch him enjoy the ‘horseback riding’ through me right now. I was beginning to enjoy as well when I heard Iseul, “Wow. . .” She coos as if I gave her a set of Pandora jewelry.

I lift myself up placing my son back to my lap as I turn to her with my arched brows.

Let me be literal when I say the last time I heard her coo like that was during , alright.

I don’t have a nice feeling to it.

And one more thing, I usually hear that kind of tone from her when she sees boy groups dancing in a provocative way on TV.

So I really didn’t like what she just did right now.

With my intimidated feeling, I stand up again and leave my son to go to my wife. I stay right behind her and try to peek at the blinds again. I knew it. There’s a guy involved with the WOW she just said. I see a guy dragging some bags and tripods towards the house, he looked young. Totally Iseul’s type, she likes youthful guys.

I am not saying I look young but. . .

She recently has been idolizing some young male personalities on TV who sing and dance.

Pfft, they look like girls. I don’t like them.

I mean they make my wife scream with just their wave dance and I don’t understand what’s so attractive with wave dance. It looks very strange for a guy to do that.

And now I think there is an addition to the threats.

“Yah.” I call but she didn’t even acknowledge my presence. “Iseul.” I call again but she was still too busy peeking at the blinds. “ISEUL!” I shout right on her ear and finally this time, she jumps out of shock. She turns around and she was blushing. SHE WAS BLUSHING? OF WHAT?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter