Honestly Mine

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So. . . they separated, is that it?”

I was pretty hesitant to ask as she looked very cautious about everything. I was just confused of why she would not include herself with her father being rich – owning the building right across the café we are in right now where we are to meet her father. Plus, mentioning that she had brothers but not on her mother's side. They were all confusing me but at the same time, I am starting to get worried. “Kyungsoo the thing is, I hope you won’t judge me or my mom, but. . . she was a mistress.” She finally answers after some time.

I take in a deep breath as I process her words into my mind.

I replayed it a few times.

Why did I never know the woman I love had such story. . . and there I was even mocking men’s disloyalty yesterday when we were chatting.

I take a stand on my words that I will never support it but would never ever judge her.

It wasn’t her fault at all.

She then continues speaking, with a solemn smile and her eyes were fixated at the building’s direction. “My older half-brother there is thirty-four and the younger one is almost the same age as I. They both work there too. And well. . . they never knew me though but my father always secretly gave what I should have so you don’t have to worry. He is still responsible but I know he can’t be there at all times. He has a family of course.” She chuckles. I stand up and without any word, sat down beside her instead. “And—“ She gives me a flustered look as our faces meet inches apart but I was looking straight ahead.

“Why?” She asks. “I’m giving you three seconds to hug me. Come on, hug me now.” I mutter while clearing my throat. I feel sorry for her, I wanted to comfort her but then I did not know how to actually do it. She’s always been the best in comforting – or better yet, she’s the only one who has ever comforted me and I wanted to at least pay her with the same love and well-being.

She only hits my arm lightly while chuckling. “I’m alright, I promise.” She hushes and I feel her hand on top of mine. “I grew up not minding it because my mom always explained to me.” She adds and our eyes meet in a close gap. I bite on my lower lip as guilt start gushing into my system. “About what I mentioned yesterday about. . . men’s disloyalty. I didn’t know, I ju—“ It’s alright” She cuts me still with a smile and pinches my cheek. “When she explained to me and sometimes up until right now, I can’t understand why my dad had my mom but already had a wife. Mom always said. . . my dad had needs that. . . his wife couldn’t give but my mom can and some other stuff like that. It’s weird, it’s hard to understand but. . . my dad’s a responsible person even if he did that. He didn’t forget that I’m still his responsibility even if I was technically out of his family.” She casually explains and even rests her head on my shoulders for a bit.

I look down as I force myself to side on the situation but I just couldn’t. Nothing against her or her mother – but to be really honest, to her father. “I’m sorry, I’m not judging I just. . . don’t understand even if—“ I said it’s alright. We have our own opinions.” She tells but looks down. I immediately regret being too honest and say that right on her face but I didn’t want to lie to her.

“But any possible things that I think of your father, it doesn’t involve you. It’s not your fault but I won’t say I will ever understand your father, alright? I don’t know how to understand it because. . . it’s—“wrong. I know.” She cuts me off again like she was scared of me to finish the sentence on my own. I hold her hand warmly and tightly to let her know of my complete presence of mind and heart just for her. “Don’t think that I find you wrong too. It isn’t like that. Let’s not focus on this. If you say that he still gave the needed responsibility for you, I’ll be honored to still meet him. He’s still your father after all.” I explain and she finally responds with a smile.

Indeed, I would never find her wrong or bad just because she came from a technically unacceptable relationship.

She shouldn’t forget that she’s the best thing that has ever happened to me – well apart from being born a genius. . . But still, she’s the rightest thing that has happened to me, more than any right things that came into my life.

Everything of me is right just like how she is for me.

Now how can I call myself perfect if I don’t have her?

That’s how right she is for me.

And whatever this is that I just found out about her, I accept wholeheartedly. Who am I to judge, I sued my whole family.

No one is better nor worse in this world.

She then leans close to my ear while chuckling. “Also. . . I once heard from my mom. . . I’m not the only one.” She tells while grinning. I blink in bewilderment. She shouldn’t have said that because I’m still trying to process her father’s personality in my head and I need to be approachable and nice later and giving such image to her own father in my head isn’t helping at all. My mind is pretty gullible when it’s her to describe something or someone – I believe it easily, alright.

I want her to stop.

“I know, he was a playboy. Probably, not just WAS and still is but because he was powerful enough, he can financially support all of us, even secretly. But I doubt if his wife never knew about us.” She explains casually and leans on her chair again but locks her arms on mine. “What did he do when your mother died six years ago?” I decided to ask just so I could divert my judge-mental self for a little while and maybe subside myself from adjudicating the man any further.

“He gave me the condominium I am living at right now.” She answers.

My lips part as I nod in apprehension and much understanding.  

“Now I know why you were able to afford such place with only an online pastry shop before.” I tell and chuckle. She gives me a wink while giggling. It calms me down. It calms me down. I just repeated it, why did I repeat it. Her smile is everything I need to reassure me she is fine. Just then, her smile got even wider as she turns to the building again. “Kyung-ah, he’s there.” She tells and quickly grabs my hand. “Let’s go.” She mutters excitedly.

As if she hasn’t seen him for years. . .

We already arrived the glass door and all we had to do was to go out when she stops. I look ahead of her and realized her father didn’t come out alone. I saw a middle-aged woman and two men following behind and they were all smiles as if they’re talking about something fantastic. I would like to assume that they were his legal family. We step back into the café. “B-but he agreed to meet me.” I hear my girlfriend’s disappointed tone while glancing at her phone and watch.

“I-it’s three now right? He said he’s done by three. He said. . . he’ll see me.” She tells while frowning at me.

I don’t really mind but what I mind is her frowning right now.

I do not like it.

I do not accept it.

“No, maybe he’ll come back. Maybe he just drove them home right?” Her frown was then immediately replaced by a positive smile but it didn’t ease me up. It looked forced. “C’mon let’s wait. They just drove them home.” She grins but then her tears began trickling down her cheeks which displeased me so much. “He told me to wait. We’ll wait here, I hope it’s alright?” She asks while dragging me back to our table.

Why is she like this. . .

She’s making a fool out of herself and she doesn’t deserve it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter