Does It?

Mind Over Matter (Kyungsoo's POV)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Special holidays like Christmas and New Year have passed. Her birthday has passed—we celebrated it in a different way this time, I brought her to a theme park which surprised her so bad and she was so happy.

Today, it’s my turn. .

It’s my birthday, another year that I get old.

At least she got old first and she will always get old first before I do.

“Happy birthday, dear pengu~ Happy birthday to you~” My girlfriend finishes the song while I look at her with a defiant stare. She did not just use such nickname again. “What? Blow the candles now.” She tells and I hesitantly turn to the cake she baked. It was a cake filled with penguins and it was shaped as an igloo. I cannot believe this. To be honest, I didn’t really want to be sang to right in front of this cake but she was insisting.

It makes me look like a kid and I am not a kid and it’s not cute although she said it’s cute but I don’t think it’s cute and I will never think it’s cute. It is not cute, it is so not me because I am not even cute. I am not. I will never be cute. 

But the fact that she made it for me, with her hands, with her heart. . . I want to appreciate it whole-heartedly. 

So I still find it lovely. . . 

So I blow the candle. “Yey! My pengu has grown older!” She tells and claps her hands vigorously. I close my eyes out of embarrassment as she latches on my neck as if I’m a kid who’s celebrating his first birthday. “Please don’t do this again.” I mutter and turn to her. “Don’t you like it? It’s really hard to make those three penguins.” She pouts. “Anyway, why three? Who’s the other two?” I ask and a smirk begins forming in her lips. “Yah~ so you accept that you’re one of them?” She teases and I just roll my eyes in response.

“Nah, it’s just random. I imitated a photo I saw on the internet.” She then answers before flopping down the chair. She pulls me down along before grabbing the cake knife. She takes the first slice and gave it to me. “It’s Strawberry Cheesecake inside~” She tells and to be honest, now it looks more tempting to eat when I saw the inside of it. “T-thank you. . .” I mutter turning to her. “Aww~ You’re welcome my cutiepatootie pengu~” She pinches my cheek to which made me frown and sulk again. “I want you to stop. I don’t like it.” I tell but she just stuck a tongue out at me.

“I won’t eat it unless you stop acting like a pre-school teacher to me.” I add which made her burst out of laughter this time. “Okay, fine. I’m just so happy I made this cake alright.” She tells with a bright smile this time that finally calmed me down. “Now, thank you.” I repeat myself. I lean close to her and pucker my lips. She happily took it and pressed her lips against mine for a quick but lingering kiss. I smile as we pull away and ruffle her hair. “Anyway, do you plan to go somewhere? I will be the driver.” She tells and starts slicing another slice for herself while I eat.

“No, I just want to stay here. We already went to the theme park a few days ago,” I answer. “But that was my birthday. Yours is different. Maybe you wanna go somewhere nice?” She asks. “I don’t know. I prefer doing something nice.” I tell while chewing. The atmosphere turns quiet which made me turn to her, she was staring at me. “What?” I ask. “A-are you.. . . referring to. . . Uh. . . th—“. Yes, why? I want to have with you.” I cut her off and I could see her gulping. Ever since we did it that night, there hasn’t been a second one and I don’t really know why, we just acted the same and she never really initiated it anymore although we got even sweeter to each other after such.

And I thought, perhaps she’s waiting for me to initiate it this time.

So I did. Actually, I didn’t know she would get what I mean right away.

“O-okay. . . after we. . . are done with the cake and pasta.” She tells and I give a simple nod before facing my plate again. “Wait.” Just then, I can’t help but to turn to her once more. “What.” She asks while chewing. “Do we need to finish this all or we can just eat one slice and then one plate of pasta? This is too many.” I tell. “No, I didn’t mean it like that. We can put the leftovers in the fridge of course.” She tells.

“Alright.” I tell.

And I don’t know what happened but no one talked after that and we both just focused on finishing the food on our plates.

“I’m done.” I tell after a few minutes and turn to her. She was still eating and I understood that she is slower than I. She’s a woman, of course. But to save time, I already remove my suit which made her flinch. “W-wait—yah.” She muffles with her full mouth. “No, I’m just removing it.” I tell and she gives me a nod. “I’ll just wash up and brush my teeth. I have an ext

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter